• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Stupid Question, but to clarify: If you attach CAS to a corps (or w.e) then the AI will use a combination of land and air in offensives? Also, will the 'attached' go to airbases near by the HQ automatically?

Stupid Question, but to clarify: If you attach CAS to a corps (or w.e) then the AI will use a combination of land and air in offensives? Also, will the 'attached' go to airbases near by the HQ automatically?

I think that this was the original intention for this feature, judging from Johan's words.

I actually wonder how this works on a higher level. If I assign a bunch of NAVs to OB West, will it know to use it to attack landing fleets as soon as they are spotted? Or, if, say, I give OKW (presumably the Theater HQ that controls everything in central Europe - i.e., the midwar backwater where nothing happens on land, a prime suspect for Theater-level AI control) a bunch of STRATs, will it know to bomb England?

I think this feature calls out for an enhancement - let us specify an "air operations profile" for land HQs, in very general terms (only 3 options are needed - support, strategic operations, air defense). Same goes for naval units under land HQs.

If the corps is under AI control it will.

There has been about 30 billion messages about wrong borders already and your message doesn't bring up any particular problem, so there is zero change that Paradox is going to change map because of your message. If you don't have any spesific errors to point out about the map, please stop complaining!

There has been about 30 billion messages about wrong borders already and your message doesn't bring up any particular problem, so there is zero change that Paradox is going to change map because of your message. If you don't have any spesific errors to point out about the map, please stop complaining!

Or better yet wait for a few months after release for the map modders to do their voodoo and create alternative map layouts for players to use.

I hope targeting is including in doctrines. Targeting got smarter as the war went on, the Germans didn't target radar stations in the battle of Britain and if I remember correctly the allies never thought to take out the electricity grid.

Taking out the electricity grid in a country the size of Germany, relying probably on thousands of heavily defended coal power plants, many outside of the range of Allied aviation for much of the war? Not really sure about that one.

Hi, Does anyone know whether we will get any new information out of e3 about HOI3 or any possible future paradox titles?

I know the answer to this one. Johan is currently living it up in LA while the rest of the team works on. :)

I know the answer to this one. Johan is currently living it up in LA while the rest of the team works on. :)

You know what King if you get that Blue Warpaint washed off (You wouldn't get weird looks on the train for one), stock up on Coffee and make sure the rest of the team doesn't barricade the Server room. You could all work together to give us a Dev Diary of awesomeness;), I'm thinking multiplayer myself:p.

I assume that E3 will bring a deluge of HoI3 information that would make a dev. diary unneeded this week. But perhaps they made one in advance?

Dude, did you just unearth a previously unseen HoI3 screenshot?! I track all info religiously, and I haven't seen that one. Good job! Now, quick, run as fast as you can to the screenshot megathread to gloat about your triumph.

On the subject of the actual content, though, this doesn't really indicate anything about twin-engine fighters...

Dude, did you just unearth a previously unseen HoI3 screenshot?! I track all info religiously, and I haven't seen that one. Good job! Now, quick, run as fast as you can to the screenshot megathread to gloat about your triumph.

On the subject of the actual content, though, this doesn't really indicate anything about twin-engine fighters...

No only did I find a treasure trove of new screen shots (look at the others ;) ), but look closely at the screen shot.....

Note the aircraft components look strikingly similar to the way the ships are.....

Note the two different templates for interceptor and multi role fighters.....

Is that a single engine airframe listing I see there? Perhapes theres other airframes to play with....:D

Granted this isent concrete but this strongly implies modular aircraft design, which is what everyone wants.

I probably missed it in a previous Development diary, so if anyone could point me to it, that would be cool. But will strategic bombers be able to inflict permanent damage? Or at least damage that isn't repaired so quickly?

In Hoi2 I didn't really feel the strategic bombardment was a viable tactic against Major nations since the rebuilt factories and the such so quickly.

Well, it will still be the same I think, especially since it IS realistic. Hardly no factories were completely turned into rubble form strat bombimg, most often it was just power outages, damaged support functions or damaged equipment that caused the factory to stop production, often more quickly repaired then building a complete new factory. What is cool now is that strat bombing does what it was REALLY suppossed to do; it destabilizes the target country, making it easier to make it surrender.

I probably missed it in a previous Development diary, so if anyone could point me to it, that would be cool. But will strategic bombers be able to inflict permanent damage? Or at least damage that isn't repaired so quickly?

In Hoi2 I didn't really feel the strategic bombardment was a viable tactic against Major nations since the rebuilt factories and the such so quickly.

The Allies bombed Germany for 2 years, yet somehow they reached peak output in 1944.

Besides, blue emu amply demonstrated that it's possible to bomb Germany into the stone age even as the USSR. Doing so as Britain is trivial. If strategic bombing caused permanent damage, no game in HoI2 would last past 1942.