• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quanto

Major
80 Badges
Jul 13, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
China for the Chinese!
A KaiserReich Republic of China

Asienflag-1.png

Prologue

The Allgemeine Ostasiatische GMBH - The first ever Corporate State. A nation lead like a Corporation, it is ruled by a board of directors and a German General who has spent a large portion of his life in China. Designed from the outset as an autonomous sector of the German Empire, it rules over 150 million Chinese. Many of whom are unsatisfied with their lot in life.

When the Qing Empire was Reestablished by the Kaiser and the KMT Traitors, many of those loyal to Sun Yat-sen's ideals fled into hiding within the areas surrounding Canton's largest economic center, Guangzhou. The place where the first National Congress of the KMT was held, it was there that a new Republican Movement was brewing, and this time, the Germans were completely unaware.

Being already highly educated, these members of the New Revolutionary Republic began infiltrating themselves into the top positions around the Eastasian Corporation. Learning industrial techniques and military tactics from their unsuspecting German counterparts, this time around, the Revolution would not fail.

In the Spring of 1936, a yet unknown Chinese Nationalist group set ablaze the Head-Office of the German Eastasian Corporation. One of the arsonists was found and hanged but the organization that planned the attack was never discovered. When the Kaiser sent an Inquiry to the Board of Directors, they simply wrote it off as an isolated incident.

Months past as the AOG continued its Exploitation Practices throughout southern China, while on paper they worked towards the modernization of China, all of the hard work of the Chinese only served to line the pockets of German Businessmen.

When Black Monday arrived, it shook the entire German sphere by its foundations, Hit especially bad were The Dutch and Brazilians, who had invested a great deal in the German Global Hegemony. Because of the AOG's direct ties to the Berlin Stock market, a great deal of chinese workers were laid off and the job security for all others was no longer guaranteed by the Board of Directors.

badideas.jpg

This move to end these "Iron Ricebowl" Jobs was seen as incredibly unpopular by the Chinese and resulted in a massive jump in unemployment and migratory work. From within, the members of the Revolutionary Republic began to sense the time to strike was coming soon. Leaflets and other small pieces of anonymous propaganda was being disseminated throughout the rural and industrial parts of Southern China, even those in the Chinese Legion (locally trained soldiers who fight for the Kaiser) began to wish for a new direction in China.

Ah, a very interesting choice! Can't wait to see where we go from here! :)

Ah, Hello and welcome to my 4th(!) AAR. This is my Second KaiserReich AAR and one with a Country I've wanted to do an AAR for for a long time.
The Republic of China! \o/

Having played as them a million times now, on a multitude of mods, I can pretty much say that I've found them to be the single most awesome wild card country in the game. And the best part about playing as them in KR, is that they are actually completely and totally the good guys in this story. No corrupt military dictatorship, really powerful warlord states, TWO superpowers to fight (Japan AND Germany, maybe even three if Russia gets involved), plus a bunch of really fun flavor adding events.

And because the world of KaiserReich is such a dreary and gloomy place, the Republic of China truly becomes a shining light in this bleak world.

So what are my goals in this AAR?

1. Unify China(duh) Under the banner of the Revolutionary Republic of China.

2. Remove and destroy the German and Japanese spheres of influence

3. Establish an ultra powerful Chinese Navy

4. Create a sphere of Democratic Asian Nations.

5. Establish a New World Order by destroying all Syndicalist, National Populist, and Authoritarian Democrat Nations.

So what is a "Revolutionary Republic?"
- Simply speaking, its a Highly Belligerent Democracy, hell bent on the destruction of all nations opposed to the liberty of the peoples under their control. Needless to say, I have "Democracies can DOW" turned on. It is also needless to say that this will lead to a lot of Nations to go to war with.

How long is this gonna go?
- Until 1963, or until I get bored... Whichever comes first.

But there's already a bunch of China AARs...
- Yes, but I like mine.

What about your other AARs?
- Eh, I'm out of creative steam on those... That and narrative stuff takes forever to write. This one is gonna be entirely historybook style. With other more indepth tidbits thrown in. Besides, I can make cooler graphics this way.

I've already played to '41 and I got the next two weeks off of school until my next Quarter of classes, so I plan on making a bunch of updates for you guys. I promise, seriously, this time, I promise! ;_;

Good luck!

Bot won't you have the problem with the broken tag change?

I won't be converting from AOG to ROC, there's a hidden event that I discovered a while back, if your dissent in the AOG goes above 30%, the RoC rises up in Guangzhou and runs roughshod over what remains of a very disorganized AOG.

Its a ton of fun, you should try it.

I won't be converting from AOG to ROC, there's a hidden event that I discovered a while back, if your dissent in the AOG goes above 30%, the RoC rises up in Guangzhou and runs roughshod over what remains of a very disorganized AOG.

Its a ton of fun, you should try it.

I have a week off next week, so I probably will. I guess the RoC is using the CHI tag?

I have a week off next week, so I probably will. I guess the RoC is using the CHI tag?

Yep, they sure are, and KR was nice enough to edit them a bit too. They get nice tech teams (stolen German tech I assume), an awesome leadership, the only odd part is that they forgot to remove Falkenhausen from the list of generals. So I plan on writing him in somehow. The dynamics for the KR RoC is just so much more interesting than Vanilla.

Sweet. Yes, I think I will try it out very soon.

Oh yes, Kaiserreich has a great potential for some really great AARs, though you probably should create a few custom events of your own along the way (maybe they'll even get added to the next beta for us to play!) since while a lot of cool things happen in the early game the late game is mostly just fighting the un-tuned, infantry-spamming AI, which tends to get old.

I had an incredible time playing "Anarchist/Makhnovian" Commune of France on a high-intensity quest to world revolution -- I manually intervened in every major syndicalist wars and invaded everywhere and fought pretty much everybody who's not yet in the International -- but less ambitious campaigns turn out...somewhat dry. China is a great choice though because there seems to be a whole lot of intersecting events from the perspectives of Germans, Japanese, Mongolians, and the whole lot of Chinese states. I was going to try out the Qing but I'll watch your ROC's progress instead. ;)

Oh yes, the Guangzhou-Revolution event is simply awesome, but somewhat rare. Most of the time, when I play, the ROC simply get crushed under the weight of the AOG, although I in one of my Commune of France games saw them successfully encircle 10 enemy divisions before annexing the German puppets.

Is it strange that I immediately said "screw the anarchists" and loaded up as the Chinese rebels :D?

But to comment on the AAR, I'm in! I love the Chinese theatre in virtually all scenarios and mods - especially if they get some better tech-teams and leaders ;)

It'll be nice to see you flesh out a bit more about the history behind the whole Chinese revolution. Questions like: "what happened to Sun and Chiang Kai-shek?" and "why did the KMT defect to the Qing?" simply beg to be answered.

There is a nicer route to form Republic of China if you don't know
If you keep turning the AoG chinese eventuallty an event will pop up to peacefully turn it into a free chinese republic with all AoG lands in it, but don't know the civil war route can be more fun ;)

This looks awesome, good luck on your qust to unify China :)

titleimage.png

Back before the events leading to establishment of the new Qing Puppet state, Sun Yat-sen and the remnants of the KMT attempted to wrest control of China from the various warlords who had filled the power vacuum following the collapse of the original Qing Empire. The first revolution had failed do to various personalities who valued their own personal comfort to the comfort of their fellow Chinese, Sun Yat-sen detested these men and vowed to return to china in force with his most loyal compatriots. After spending five years in Shanghai with the rest of the high level KMT, they made a deal with the German Government to receive military aid and with the help of German Equipment and training, the KMT pushed the warlords out of all of the important sectors of China. Unfortunately, just as success seemed in his grasp, Sun had died of Cancer.

Following his death, the KMT immediately split, one side being the pro monarchist forces led by Xu Shichang (the same man who helped ruin the first revolution,) and the other being Sun Yat-sen's revolutionary General, Chiang Kai-shek. Chiang wanted to continue the revolution according to Sun's Three Principles of the People, while Xu Shichang began convincing the Germans that Chiang was a syndicalist sympathizer. And unfortunately, anyone who does not closely understand Sun's three principles, would probably come to the conclusion of them being inspired by syndicalist propaganda.

With the support of the German military, those loyal to Sun Yat-sen were run out of Northern China and forced into hiding. The German authorities wrote them off as dead, while doing nothing to confirm such an assessment.

While in hiding, Chiang Kai-shek, Sun Li-gen, Xue Yue, and many others still loyal to the revolution began planning their third attempt at overthrowing the foreign powers that continued to strangle China of life and liberty. From the beginning it was decided a new approach to the movement would need to be tried. One that created a ground up movement that could truly be supported not only by military action as had been done in the past, but by the people themselves. With most of the warlords destroyed by the Germans, the only groups left to challenge were the Germans, and for many, fighting a foreign enemy is far easier than fighting one from within.

Shangqing-1.gif

Then in 1931 a reactionary fundamentalist government rose out from the countryside of Shaanxi province. Based on a people-first philosophy, this "Shangqing Tianguo" proved to the Guangzhou revolutionaries that a bottom up movement could indeed be done, and the Germans and their superiority complex made it very easy.

badideas02.jpg

And thus, in 1937, with the increasing unrest within the German Eastasian Corporation, times were indeed proving ripe for revolution. To make matters worse for themselves still, the Board of Directors began further cost cutting measures to fight off the effects of Black Monday. For the local Chinese, this was yet another slap in the face and beating in the mud by yet another foreign power.

therepublic.jpg

After stamping out any Labor Union that tried to form, and executing the ring leaders, the state of mind in the Chinese populace reach a boiling point, and the Republic of China knew it was time to rise up again.

therevolution.jpg

Overnight rebel units loyal to the republic appeared from the darkness of their secret weapons caches and began shooting and killing any German businessman or soldier they found. What started as violent riots and chaos began organizing into military units, all waving the banner of the White Sun over a blue canton. The Third Chinese revolution had begun. Sun Li-gen and Chiang Kai-shek began organizing their divisions and brought about a quick and rapid destruction of all foreign power within the urban centers of Guangzhou and Shoaguan, elsewhere, members of the Kaiser's Legion killed their German officers and opened fire on anyone who willfully supported the Germain Regime. The provinces of Changsha and Huaihua were effectively under republican control.

chapter01.jpg

therevolution02.jpg
Remarkably, the whole time this took place, the Board of Directors continued to deny the reality of what was happening around them.

And thus, the first major challenger to German power and Hegemony had risen from the shadows, a true Chinese Dragon, ready to restore China's rightful place in the world.

Last edited:
Unified, yes, but, under who? The Qing or the Corporation? :D

Very cool! I love a good KR AAR. :)

I'll be watching.