• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome, not enough KR AARs around! And what I love most about the mod is what whilst you're right about China being a wildcard, so is almost everyone else. There's far, far more variability with how the world can turn out on KR, and it's quite awesome.

Also, I note that Japan ended up having the events turn it into a democracy - this could make it a bit harder to justify warring with them to reclaim Fengtien and liberating Korea, especially with the huge shortage of not-dystopian countries around! :p (Would possibly make sense, if the events don't already exist, for a democratic Japan to revise its policies towards the Asian mainland.)

Also, I note that Japan ended up having the events turn it into a democracy - this could make it a bit harder to justify warring with them to reclaim Fengtien and liberating Korea, especially with the huge shortage of not-dystopian countries around! :p (Would possibly make sense, if the events don't already exist, for a democratic Japan to revise its policies towards the Asian mainland.)

Indeed it does, infact my game is up to 1941, and I have yet to go to war with them. Part of me doesn't want to (them being Market-Liberal and all). However, on the flip side, this is Japan, and I am the Republic of China, mortal enemies, like Germany and France. Regardless of government, the Japanese still command a massive amount of Chinese land, and the Koreans still chafe under the Japanese yoke.

I will probably write a series of events leading to war with Japan. Something like China starting diplomatic talks about the future of the Fengten Republic and China's rightful sovereignty over that land. With Japan being such a stable democracy (truly something special when you take the KR universe into consideration), a war with them would have to be swift and peace would have to be fair. Perhaps by 1950 a formation of an East Asian Entente could be a possiblity, like France and Britain, only it would be China and Japan. A land power and a Naval Power, working together for the spread of democracy around the world.

The only problem with that would be that Japan isn't a Revolutionary Democracy, so it would be difficult for Japan to rally her people for such a lofty cause.

Nice updates! Glad to see the AOG Scum has been evicted from China.

I noticed you have an Air Squadron, where did you get it from?

nice AAR,
i'll certainly follow it,
Kaiserreich is really a good mod

titleimage.png

The Next Phase

Having driven the Germans out of Southern China, the members of the Third Revolution began to take in what they had finally accomplished. For the first time since the revolutions began in 1912, the Republic finally had a stable foothold on the nation. With the peasants and factory workers of China cheering over the news of the German removal, the members of the New KMT had a new set of goals to flesh out.

The First matter being that the AOG did infact leave a substantial infrastructure behind, one that should be utilized to it's fullest extent.

The Second being that this Third Revolution did promise a true turn to democracy this time around, and to go back on that promise would surely turn the people against them.

The Third (and probably most important) was that while the initial phase of the revolution had finally achieved success, there were now several powers surrounding the upstart republic that would rather it did not exist. However...

They are divided politically and idealistically.

They do not trust each other any more than they do the Republic.

And their people are oppressed and looking for a better life.

On July 9th 1937, over the ruins of the second AOG Head Office the leaders of the New KMT began outlining their plans for China to the people. Members of the Press from around Southern China recorded every word, both for radio (for those who had it) and the more widespread newspapers. First they pledged that on the July of 1942, the first real election for the new government would be held. The country and the people would be allowed 5 years to establish their representational governments and to begin sending delegates to Guangzhou to help in forming a proper constitution for the new republic. Second the Government would adhere closely to the Three Principles of the People as outlined by the father of the revolution, Sun Yat-sen; Nationalism, Democracy, and The People's Livelihood. Then finally, they stated their final and true goal for the country, complete and total unification. Sun Li-gen began outlining the need for volunteers to join the new Revolutionary army, and for others to return to the factories to jump start production of a new war economy to help spread the revolution across China. Cooperation would be needed from professionals who served as factory managers under the AOG administration, so that the technical knowledge gained from the German Occupation would not be lost.

Over the next 30 days, the Provisional Government began work on spreading the revolution west, to the Territory Controlled by the Yunnan Warlords. Having been essentially a nation of thier own for a decade, the true nature of warlord rule must surely have become evident for the people in the Yunnan and Sicchan Provinces. This time, no deals or compromises would be made, Yunnan's warlords would be captured and hanged, and the people liberated from their callous grip.

So over the next 30 days the Republic began a reseach and Construction blitz. Producing everything they could for the next conflict of arms. Research began on developing a proper industrial and military base.

chapter020.jpg

Work began on modernizing the Army, both in equipment and tactics. Alexander von Falkenhausen was more than willing to share his knowledge in the matter had began training several divisions in his new techniques.

chapter021.jpg

Production also began in China's factories on equipping and training two new divisions with the specific purpose of fighting in the mountains of Yunnan and western Sicchan.

chapter022.jpg

One of the many great things captured from the AOG was their vast treasury, which surprisingly did not escape with the board. A massive reserve of ReichsMarks had been obtained by the NKMT and was quickly put to use in diplomatic actions and other covert operations, including the transfer of supplies, material, and spies into the Yunnan territories to help foster dissent and revolution in those lands.

It would not be long for the revolution to spread like wildfire across all of China.

First Yunnan then all of China :)

A good way of dealling with Japan would be to make an event were you purchase Manchuria and Taiwan for a very large sum and then you can ally with them without having to fight one of your few fellow Deomocracies.

Spread the Revolution!

I agree. Attacking this free Japan would be rather awkward, and I believe they have already freed Korea when they chose the democratic path in the event chain. Given that Manchuria, the "Fengtian Republic," is really just Zhang Xueliang's personal domain and that he only serves the Japanese reluctantly, it's entirely plausible to create an event to negotiate his submission to the Republic once you've swept away all the splinter Chinese states. A friendly, open China on the continent would greatly lessen Japan's need to maintain expensive clients there after all.

It'd be like one of the tripartite talks on the North Korea peace efforts of today, with the exception that Zhang isn't nearly as mad as Kim is so negotiation will probably actually work. :p

Before that, however, the Revolution needs more blood!

:(

I miss the old Republican flag in Kaiserreich.

Anyway, I think that if Japan is truly a Taisho democracy, they are going to be mostly thrilled about China. A liberal state taking down the corrupt German trading Empire? Long live the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere!

I miss the old flag too.

It's good to hear another invasion is in the works!

Tommy4ever: Oh yes, and they actually put up a bit of a fight towards the end too. Much to my annoyance.

Irenicus & Faeelin: I agree with both of you and I am currently trying to formulate some kind of Event Chain leading to a peaceful solution for China and Japan.

Code:
##################################################
# Events for Democratic Japan and Revolutionary China
##################################################

event = {
id = 63041
random = no
country = JAP
style = 0
picture = "Republican China"

trigger = {
	and = { exists = CHI
		government = democratic
		atwar = no
		not = {
		exists = CGX
		exists = CSX
		exists = CYN
		war = { country = CHI country = GER }
			}
		}
	}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1939 }
offset = 5
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1955 }

name = "A new China lies across the sea"
desc = "Against all odds, the Chinese have finally won their place on the world stage, but they are very belligerent indeed. It will not be long before challenge us for supremacy over the continent. What should we do?"

action_a = {
	name = "Let us greet them..."
	ai_chance = 60
	}
action_b = {
	name = "They may be more trouble than they are worth."
	ai_chance = 20
	}
action_c = {
	name = "We should end this before they become too strong!
	ai_chance = 20
	}

This is only a rough draft, whatever changes you guys think would be appropriate would be appreciated.

Eöl: What happens in the USA may surprise you!

Maj. von Mauser: You mean the fivecolored flag? With the stripes? I think its kinda ugly myself. :p

Wait! In the event with Shanqing what was the event in the background about? Something about Russia????

It was a wierd bug, nothing to do with china, and clicking on it made Lithuania mad at me?! :eek:

So I chose to ignore it.

lol? Post the bug in the Kaiserreich thread.

titleimage.png

The War on Yunnan

On October 10th 1937, the Yunnan Warlords had finally declared war upon the Republic...

After crafting a six week infiltration into warlord territory, the seeds of revolution had been sown. 40,000 Yunnan troops deserted their warlord generals and returned to the countryside. Through promises of better food, equipment, and training; 20,000 more Yunnan troops defected to the Republic. Dissent across Yunnan and Sicchan Provinces was enough to cause entire villages to rise in open revolt against the rule of Long Yun.

chapter023.jpg

The only issue the Republic faced was that many units in the Army still had not completed their equipment upgrades. The new training was finished, but many units were still equipped with weapons used during the Weltkrieg.

chapter024.jpg

Regardless of equipment shortcomings, Victory was declared on all fronts.

chapter025.jpg

Within the first week of fighting, the Republic's soldiers pushed deep into Yunnan territory. Across the rural villages, the Revolution's forces were greeted as liberators and patriots. The 20,000 Yunnan defectors also proved themselves willing and able soldiers of the Revolution. While their better equipment had not yet arrived, the pride of fighting for the right side was enough for them to drive on. (And the food was indeed better.)

chapter026.jpg

The Battle of Qujing saw the first real world demonstration of the new tactics and equipment put into use against the inferior Yunnan forces. Especially impressive were the German designs for the modern light artillery. Work was already in progress for an improved indigenous Chinese design.

chapter027.jpg

The difficult terrain of Yunnan province was quickly proving to be the greatest enemy for the republican soldiers. National Machine Works began developing better supply organization techniques to keep the armies fed and supplied. Chiang Kai-shek was quick to continue strategic reforms in the army to keep tactics fresh and relevant.

chapter030.jpg

A month would pass and on November 7th the first Pabing Division would arrive to drive the Warlords from the mountains.

wanxian.gif

(Animooted)

A week later, and offensive on the industrial valley of Chongqing was ordered to help encircle two slow moving Warlord divisions in and around Wanxian.

chapter028.jpg

After the Victories in the Chongqing Valley, all that remained was the conquest of the high mountains of Western Yunnan. This would take time but the outcome was not in doubt.

chapter029.jpg

Many hoped to take the western border area of Baoshan so as to complete a second encirclement, however the Units sent there we already exhausted from the long trek to even get there. And when resisting forces arrives, not even the Superior Equipment of the Republic was able to make up for the lack of rest. The encirclement would have to called off and a full assault was planned for later in the month.

So how are things in India?
I think there’s one social democrat that you could join forces with.
Edit: assuming it hasn't been overrun by Delhi yet.

A KaiserReich Chinese AAR? Looks quite interesting. China for the Chinese! :D

Good work! I do like this AAR....