+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: China for the Chinese! - A KaiserReich RoC

The Wuchang Revolution

At the start of the revolution, Chiang Kai-shek began ordering revolutionary forces and volunteer units to link up with the units that had just revolted against the AOG Military leadership. The first point on the agenda was to organize the units and to never lose momentum in this war. Every moment the AOG was not under attack was a moment for them to regroup.

The first phase of the war began with a great push in all directions, in the high hope that the AOG Military would be too disorganized to put up effective resistance.

Ultimately, RoC planners were correct in their assumption. With a dissent rate of over 60 Percent, the entire Chinese population was in open revolt against the AOG, not just the RoC Military Units.

In only the first week of fighting, massive numbers of Chinese within the AOG fled to the safe territory of RoC. And upon capture of the AoG capital, all of the Board of Directors had fled, excluding one man, Alexander von Falkenhausen. When confronted in his office by the Revolutionary Officers of the RoC, he faced them stoicly and stated his desire to join the republic in its cause. At first the Lt. in charge of the platoon that had captured the building did not know what to do in the situation. It was not until later that day a meeting between von Falkenhausen and Sun Li-gen would take place.
    Little is known about what took place in Li-gen's headquarters, but ultimately, the old German General who found himself more loyal to China than the Fatherland now fought for the revolution.

The Kaiser learned of this only a day later and condemned Falkenhausen a traitor and forbid him from ever returning to Germany. Of course, the Kaiser's reaction only emboldened the old General and he immediately took command of a joint force of RoC and Shangqing Tianguo forces and proceeded to drive out a force of 24,000 demoralized AOG soldiers. Many of whom defected to the RoC during the course of the encounter.

On the south Eastern Coast, RoC units chased AOG forces far and away from the revolution's epicenter and further north towards the Neutral territory of the Legation Cities. There the AOG tried their best to regroup, but ultimately, the writing was already on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Side Notes

It is important to know that following the immediate success of the Wuchang Revolution, those within Shangqing Tianguo immediately began an effort to make contact with the leaders of the RoC. While both sides were opposites in their views of how China should be run, they both agreed that China was for Chinese, and as a result, an alliance against foreign powers was forged to remove the Germans and Japanese from Chinese land. This alliance was later called the "For China Front".
    I'm a New England Nationalist!
    The Fifth Kingdom - Play as the Ancient Egyptians! My Mod which includes events from 1936 - 1963, new Techs, and EGYPT!
    ____________ My AARs
    Vangaurd Against Syndicalism - New England holds strong Against the Red Tide. (New!)
    The Pharaoh of WWII - Modern (Ancient) Egypt Fights the Colonial Powers in a struggle for Existence! (Still Alive!)
    The Chilean Rise to Power - An Alt-histAARy - Chile fights old rivals and new enemies as they follow the path to being the world's greatest naval power! My first AAR! (Dead )

WritAAR of the Week: 27 April 2008

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

I like this so far.
    Fan of the Week: 08/02/08
    Please go HERE, and help us develop new TT's for AoD!
    Awarded a Cookie by Remble, for spotting the Austrian Interceptor Squadron.

Approved AAR's:
    China's AARight to be Hostile - A different way for the Guomindang By Porkman
    The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944 By Remble
    Red Star over Blue Seas - a Soviet Navy AAR By th3freakie
    Explorations in Strategy - Italy at War By Myth
    sAARawakian history I By guy_montag

For the Revolution!

...but never trust the fundamentalists. Like all fundamentalists, they will betray you in the end as you do not share their narrow, closed vision of China and the world.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2

中!!!

This sounds really cool, keep it up :'D

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Alliamce with Shanqing??? That's treason, all of China for the RoC.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    The allies of today may beocme the vanquished of tomorrow...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (2) [Actualizado 20/11/2014]

Second Lieutenant Thegreatplant's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Cool! someone is writing an AAR for my events - I almost forgot about these - it has been a good two years! Keep it up and enjoy!

it took a lot of work to get the Republic to actually revolt right......
    Kaiserreich Event Coder

The Great Push North

RoC units continued to drive north towards Legation Controlled Shanghai and Qing Controlled Nanjing. For the most part, the battles were brief and not heavily fought. Many Chinese soldiers in the AOG wished for RoC victory and only went about their orders half-heartedly.

However, the battle for the coastal province of Xiamen was probably one of the first highly contested zones, where AOG forces continued to offer resistance, enough for Lt. General Wang Yizhe to gain the traits of a man who knows how to fight in uneven and hilly terrain.

In the north west, towards the Yunnan Territories, Revolutionary units completed their rounds in securing the frontiers, and were subsequently ordered to take control of a rather interesting situation in Changsha.

One AOG Division pushed very deep but crumpled upon contact with actual resistance.

With the salient closed off 2 AOG divisions were trapped in the city and forced to fight without supplies and without any hope of victory.

Victory came quickly afterwords.

What would later be known as the Changsha Encirclement, would be the first real embarrassment dealt upon the Kaiser and his colonial empire. The whole event was multi-phased and carefully crafted as Free Chinese units took up positions far east of the city and halted an attempt of the AOG to split ROC forces in half. Above the course of events can be seen in full detail.

In under a month (from April 1937 to May 1937), the RoC Military had succeeded in pushing the AOG between two corners, the East China sea to the East, and the Qing Empire(German Empire) to the north. AOG forces had nowhere to go and all of their airfields had been captured.

If the speed in which the AOG was defeated would not force the Germans to have pause, at least the Chinese people could take pride in the speed in which they overthrew their latest foreign masters.

The last battle for control of southern china took place in Hangzhou, the outcome was never in doubt.

The end of the battle meant the end of the AOG, all of their forces either deserted or surrendered. And with the escape of the German Board of Directors back to the fatherland, China was finally ruled by Chinese. Or at least part of it...

...The rest would come later.
    The Fifth Kingdom - Play as the Ancient Egyptians! My Mod which includes events from 1936 - 1963, new Techs, and EGYPT!
    ____________ My AARs
    Vangaurd Against Syndicalism - New England holds strong Against the Red Tide. (New!)
    The Pharaoh of WWII - Modern (Ancient) Egypt Fights the Colonial Powers in a struggle for Existence! (Still Alive!)
    The Chilean Rise to Power - An Alt-histAARy - Chile fights old rivals and new enemies as they follow the path to being the world's greatest naval power! My first AAR! (Dead )

Blog Entries
    Congratulations for achieving your freedom!

But remember, nothing is free...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Polvo de diamante (2) [Actualizado 20/11/2014]

Ah yes, but they are guarenteed by nearly every nation in the western world. I'm not about mess with them. Lest I become the cause for WWII.
    ____________ My AARs

Blog Entries
    Yes, that's the most enervating thing of the Kaiserreich: The Legation Cities. So yummy, so dangerous...

Bizarro Arqueólogo Foril Spencer_123's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    MagickaVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Yes, that's the most enervating thing of the Kaiserreich: The Legation Cities. So yummy, so dangerous...
    What are they supposed to be? some sort of asian switzerland?

By the way, good AAR.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Cool aar and congrats on the win!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the Throne500k club

Mhmh, very interesting AAR, one of the most interesting in a while . What's your plans with the Qing? Total destruction of the imperial dynasty? :c

Events around the world between January 1937 to May 1937

In Asia

In Japan the Niigata Riots ended peacefully when the Emperor sent in a goverment delegation to negotiate with the rioting labor union. Eventually a compromise was found and Stability was restored within the Japanese Diet. As a result of the successful negotiations, Japan turned to a state of relative peace, and took a much more neutral stance towards the Third Chinese Revolution.

In Western China, the Mongolian/Tibetan Alliance against The Three Ma's lead to Mongolian Victory. However, much to the surprise of the rest of the world, von Sternberg chose a more moderate path towards his conquests. Whatever this means for the rest of Asia is not clear, but what is known is that von Sternberg won't be satisfied with only the Gobi Desert.

And in India, the Bengali Faction began the creation of a secret police force, proving to the Republic that Syndicalism is no better than any other authoritarian regime.

In Europe

In Spain, riots broke out between rival political parties, the violence reached a point where the Kingdom was unable to maintain order and Martial Law was declared, along with the cancelation of the elections.

As a result of the Martial Law and the election cancelation, a coalition of Anarchists and Syndicalists rose up and declared war against the Monarchy. The C.N.T/F.A.I Control most of the meditereanian coast and has already received support from most of the Third International.

The Americas

The Second American Civil War began not long before the start of the Third Chinese Revolution. In the early phases, the Combined Syndicates of America, Centered around Chicago, managed to control most of the northern Rust Belt of the United States, to the South, and Fundimentalist Coalition known as the American Union State also rose up in opposition against the fairly elected and legitimate American Government.

For fear of the Syndicalists taking over the USA's industrial Northeast, Royalist Canada invaded New England and set up a neutral government there.

As the war dragged on, the United States regrouped and began pushing the other two factions further west. Reaching the point where the Fascist faction nearly forged an alliance with their ideological opposites, if only to defeat the US.

Quote Originally Posted by In Regard to the 2nd American Civil War

For many in the upstart Republic of China, it was hoped that the US would manage to regain control the thier country from the rebel factions. For the world to lose it's model democracy would be a blow for China's own democratic movement. And while the Americans were not yet willing to recognize the new Chinese state, there were indeed high hopes.
    ____________ My AARs

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIILead and GoldMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Great story so far.

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

The most dangerous place to which a young man can be sent.
    This AAR is excellent. I shall be watching closely.
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

For the cities which were formerly great have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time. I shall therefore discourse equally of both, convinced that human happiness never continues long in one stay.
    Herodotus of Halicarnassus

"Why are so many rowers atheists? Because anyone who has done a 2K knows that there is no god."

I can't wait to see what happens next.

I assume you will build up your forces and crush the local pretenders to unite China.

But I am also unfamiliar with Kaiserreich events.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2

Kaiserreich events make the best stories

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast