• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The game looks fantastic guys.....when will you advise on how multi-player will work over the 'net? I'm eager to get going on this with my dad & bro-in-law online.

Alright, I brought out my paint skills to visualize what I would like to see. Arrows means attack, that other shield-thing means defence. The color shows how I am doing (green for good, red for bad, yellow for uncertain).

beta_may20_4.jpg

You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.

Hehe, that's basically the direction I would prefer. I find numbers very numbing on the eye, and most really good games I own have easily accessible interfaces that make you understand what's going on intuitively.

I'm thinking, Paradox is probably going to streamline it all and make it more intuitive, but then again, they made EU3 a game of way too many numbers in my opinion (I hate the way unit sprites carry no information about the size of the unit) so I think they have to be reminded that not everyone has the temper of a Swedish bookkeeper and his love for numbers.

Hehe, that's basically the direction I would prefer. I find numbers very numbing on the eye, and most really good games I own have easily accessible interfaces that make you understand what's going on intuitively.
Agreed. Many numbers quickly become confusing and don't provide a clear view right away. For example: Do I win at 100 in all combat or only when attacking?

Why not just have a simple combat arrow showing the Direction of attack, and have it switch color or gradually fill with Green/Red (similair to the progress meter) according to how well the attack is going. Actually I even find Green/Red to colorful, black/white or at least shaded colors should work much better with the Greyish toned maps I think.

Splendid!

Alright, I brought out my paint skills to visualize what I would like to see. Arrows means attack, that other shield-thing means defence. The color shows how I am doing (green for good, red for bad, yellow for uncertain).

beta_may20_4.jpg

You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.

I really like this idea, the information is conveyed much more intuitively, and with the arrows/shields it is easier to see which provinces have units attacking or defending-I can imagine that with the square percentage thing it could get quite confusing with attacks coming from multiple angles.

Just a question, will there be an option to prioritize and pause productions?

Say I am building 10 divisions and 1 nuclear test site and the infantry costs me 75 IC and the nuclear test site costs me 50 IC. The need would then be 125 IC if I chose to click on that slider lock. But say if I only want to build the infantry and put the nucelar test site on hold for a while. That would mean that I would have to manually adjust my sliders all the time as I keep on conquering IC.
A little button like those "don't upgrade this unit" but in the production queue would mean I could pause the production of a certain unit without having to adjust sliders all the time.

Get what I am saying or is this just a silly detail?