+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Development Diary #29 - 20th of May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Seil View Post
    Pretty much says it right there.
    I have other things to do than trying to make sense of what you are infering that I am saying. Until you make sense, I have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by kris4o1993 View Post
    gixian you have full support from me too
    +100000000000000000000000000000000

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi500k club

The game looks fantastic guys.....when will you advise on how multi-player will work over the 'net? I'm eager to get going on this with my dad & bro-in-law online.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Winter War View Post
    Alright, I brought out my paint skills to visualize what I would like to see. Arrows means attack, that other shield-thing means defence. The color shows how I am doing (green for good, red for bad, yellow for uncertain).

You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.
    Hehe, that's basically the direction I would prefer. I find numbers very numbing on the eye, and most really good games I own have easily accessible interfaces that make you understand what's going on intuitively.

I'm thinking, Paradox is probably going to streamline it all and make it more intuitive, but then again, they made EU3 a game of way too many numbers in my opinion (I hate the way unit sprites carry no information about the size of the unit) so I think they have to be reminded that not everyone has the temper of a Swedish bookkeeper and his love for numbers.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan07 View Post
    Hehe, that's basically the direction I would prefer. I find numbers very numbing on the eye, and most really good games I own have easily accessible interfaces that make you understand what's going on intuitively.
    Agreed. Many numbers quickly become confusing and don't provide a clear view right away. For example: Do I win at 100 in all combat or only when attacking?

Why not just have a simple combat arrow showing the Direction of attack, and have it switch color or gradually fill with Green/Red (similair to the progress meter) according to how well the attack is going. Actually I even find Green/Red to colorful, black/white or at least shaded colors should work much better with the Greyish toned maps I think.
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Yeah, this is excellent! I would like to play HoI3 now.

Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Splendid!
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
    We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
    Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

Quote Originally Posted by Winter War View Post
    Alright, I brought out my paint skills to visualize what I would like to see. Arrows means attack, that other shield-thing means defence. The color shows how I am doing (green for good, red for bad, yellow for uncertain).

You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.
    I really like this idea, the information is conveyed much more intuitively, and with the arrows/shields it is easier to see which provinces have units attacking or defending-I can imagine that with the square percentage thing it could get quite confusing with attacks coming from multiple angles.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Just a question, will there be an option to prioritize and pause productions?

Say I am building 10 divisions and 1 nuclear test site and the infantry costs me 75 IC and the nuclear test site costs me 50 IC. The need would then be 125 IC if I chose to click on that slider lock. But say if I only want to build the infantry and put the nucelar test site on hold for a while. That would mean that I would have to manually adjust my sliders all the time as I keep on conquering IC.
    A little button like those "don't upgrade this unit" but in the production queue would mean I could pause the production of a certain unit without having to adjust sliders all the time.

Get what I am saying or is this just a silly detail?
    "Smoke is the insence burning on the altars of industry. It is beautiful to me. It shows that men are changing the merely potential forces of nature into articles of comfort for humanity." W.P Rend, Chicago 1892

EU 2 Multiplayer: Monkii

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It seems that there isn't a pause button in production screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12