• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

For illustration, it could look something like this>>
2eygi1t.jpg

instead of the Johan's>>
beta_may20_9.jpg

Much better

I find it strange none of the devs commented on the proposed alternate lay out.

Hm, are they allowed to use this design directly? Or do they need an explicit admission of the poster who proposed it?

With all this commotion over the GUI, no one noticed the OOBs.

Note that OKW exists as a Theater command, but so do its subordinate commands (OB West and something I can't quite make out - what does WB stand for?). I wonder if Johan/King could comment as to what exactly falls under OKW in the scenario shown (although I see that it has been played for some time, hence the 1st, 2nd Theatres in the OOB tree).

EDIT: Note that OKH is in there too, so what's left under OKW must be Norway and Germany itself?

WB = Wehrmachtsbefehlshaber = Armed Forces Military Commander

sudost = south east which I presume is the balkans.

Military command south east .

Hm, are they allowed to use this design directly? Or do they need an explicit admission of the poster who proposed it?

I'm 100% positive that the poster didn't invent the t-chart. I'm also 100% positive that the poster didn't patent it.

I'm 100% positive that the poster didn't invent the t-chart. I'm also 100% positive that the poster didn't patent it.

The T-chart (or T-account as its known in the accounting world) is a tool used to mold innocent youth into understanding the effects of debits and credits on particular accounts. :D The interpretation of the effect of the left side (debit) and right side (credit) depends upon the account's classification.

Glad to see its possible the concept is useful in HOI3.

Great DD! All those interface changes are really going to improve the gameplay and get rid of a lot of tiresome issues from HoI2 (sliders anyone :p ).

Just one recommendation and it has to do with the supply slider. In HoI2 it was almost impossible to accurately judge the daily consumption of supplies for a nation like UK or Japan. That was because the daily supply needs display, showed what the mainland troops required, plus however much happened to be shipped out at that particular day, instead of averages. Since, supplies tended to be shipped out in large batches, the supply need jumped from very low to very high. This could be fixed by having the slider indicate the average need for supplies for all friendly units, under friendly supply, regardless of their current location.

I also second Gixian's proposal. It really looks much easier on the eyes.
If I'm not completely wrong, you can check total supplies consumed under statistics.

The T-chart (or T-account as its known in the accounting world) is a tool used to mold innocent youth into understanding the effects of debits and credits on particular accounts. :D The interpretation of the effect of the left side (debit) and right side (credit) depends upon the account's classification.

Glad to see its possible the concept is useful in HOI3.

That's brilliant!! Let's make HOI3 an accounting game. Or maybe we should put something as radical as that off until HOI4.

CB

Yeah I like that new chart, when I first saw the screen shot it looked like a headache, they have to change it. Cluttered.

Just need to implement a slide on right and left sides of the box to scroll down to see other brigades listed instead of having to stretch the box.