• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about something like railroad tracks to represent strategic momevement, obiously better than my quick try :D

rail.jpg

The problem is, that not every unit will be transported in a train...

but it´s a good idea too!

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

For illustration, it could look something like this>>
2eygi1t.jpg
Very nice mock-up. I'd still put the totals at the top though. As the game progresses the list of units is going to grow longer and longer possibly making the totals harder to find (especially on the smaller screens).

I'd still put the totals at the top though. As the game progresses the list of units is going to grow longer and longer possibly making the totals harder to find (especially on the smaller screens).

Yes, you are right, if there would be a lot of units involved, the list will be very long, probably a scroll bar or something would be needed, and in such situation numbers at the bottom would be a bad idea.

I'm also in total agreement with the column idea. Looks much better.

I hope this system is used in all circumstances where we have lists of anything country-specific with little flags at the side...

Very nice mock-up. I'd still put the totals at the top though. As the game progresses the list of units is going to grow longer and longer possibly making the totals harder to find (especially on the smaller screens).

Well, you can leave the totals there, you would just make only the unit list scrollable, separate from the totals.

battle progress on map

Johan mentioned battle progress blocks on the map.
"Here’s how it looks, with red blocks indicating where you are defending, and green blocks indicating where you are attacking."

Just thinking.... Red seems to be the theme for battle and attacking. Why would
defense blocks be red and attacking blocks green? Shouldnt they be red for
attacker and green for defender?

Little worried about too much clutter in the battle area. Hopefully we can turn this feature off, if we want.

Great dev! You guys are ROCKING this!

Very nice update - game is looking very polished.

Sometimes it can be little things like this that make the differences between good games and great games (yes HOI3 is in the later judging by everything so far).

:D

Seconded!
:D

I would mod that combat 'blocks' into crossed swords, rifles or something along those lines to have better 'war feeling'. ;)
Crossed%20Rifles%20Blue.bmp

Number or the whole 'block' could be inside rifles.

And I also agree that info should be clearer. Right now its a mess.

I also support the column view idea.

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

2eygi1t.jpg

instead of the Johan's>>
beta_may20_9.jpg

Yes!!!

the column idea is superb, I hope that PI will put it in the game :)

Great DD! All those interface changes are really going to improve the gameplay and get rid of a lot of tiresome issues from HoI2 (sliders anyone :p ).

Just one recommendation and it has to do with the supply slider. In HoI2 it was almost impossible to accurately judge the daily consumption of supplies for a nation like UK or Japan. That was because the daily supply needs display, showed what the mainland troops required, plus however much happened to be shipped out at that particular day, instead of averages. Since, supplies tended to be shipped out in large batches, the supply need jumped from very low to very high. This could be fixed by having the slider indicate the average need for supplies for all friendly units, under friendly supply, regardless of their current location.

I also second Gixian's proposal. It really looks much easier on the eyes.

2eygi1t.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I realy can wait!