• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But i will say: Johan and the others respond extremely much more and quickly then other developers as creative assembly for example.

(Hoi3 does not have realtime battles and still its going to be 100 times better then etw :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)

But i will say: Johan and the others respond extremely much more and quickly then other developers as creative assembly for example.

Johan and King and the rest of the dev team here are amazing when it comes to interacting with the forums.

To be clear my comment above was a shot at members who think they should get a game customized to their every individual want and need, not in any way a shot at Johan or the rest of the Dev team. :)

Second on our list, is the indication and details on counters where they may be heading. Small red arrows indicate attacks, while green arrows indicate normal movement.
beta_may20_2.jpg

Sometimes as a developer you do not see the forest for all the trees. One great suggestion by the beta tester Luka, was to show combat progress on the map, where the battles are actually fought. So I went ‘DOH’, why did not I think of that, and told podcat to code it. Here’s how it looks, with red blocks indicating where you are defending, and green blocks indicating where you are attacking. The numbers indicate your progress of either losing or winning the battle.
beta_may20_4.jpg
Can't these two be incorporated into the same? Showing the numbers adjacent to the arrows? Is there any point in not having them at the same time? I foresee frustration having to switch constantly between "Show all movements"-mode and "Show combat progression"-mode.

At least do something about the colors, please. Red for attack and green for movement in one map mode, green for attack and red for defence in second mode, can be confusing.

Can't these two be incorporated into the same? Showing the numbers adjacent to the arrows? Is there any point in not having them at the same time? I foresee frustration having to switch constantly between "Show all movements"-mode and "Show combat progression"-mode.

At least do something about the colors, please. Red for attack and green for movement in one map mode, green for attack and red for defence in second mode, can be confusing.

+1 switching between modes would be terrible.

I can suggest if you can implement the possibility to combine two or more map mode visualizations (for example the economic map and the partisans map). Then if in the intelligence map, i think would be nice to intercept also the movement of the enemy divisions and their destination province.

I don't understand the problem. If you have green blocks represent attacks, red blocks represent defense, and green arrows for movement, you're not losing any information :wacko:

King's reply back on page 1 implies that the arrows display at the same time, or at least thats how I read it.

This is cool:
beta_may20_2.jpg

This is (so far) not so cool:
beta_may20_4.jpg

I don't want numbers on the map... I think it would look a lot less like some Excel spreadsheet if it would get an easier accessible display, like a row of red or green dots that let you see at a glance (from color hue) how your battle progress is going.

I mean the idea is good, but I hope they implement a nicer looking version of this until the game ships.

Attack starts = yellow, attack goes well = color turns to green, attack goes badly and starts to lose = color turns to red.

Attacks having a triangle symbol and defences having a shield symbol.

How about that?

I don't want numbers on the map... I think it would look a lot less like some Excel spreadsheet if it would get an easier accessible display, like a row of red or green dots that let you see at a glance (from color hue) how your battle progress is going.

I mean the idea is good, but I hope they implement a nicer looking version of this until the game ships.

Attack starts = yellow, attack goes well = color turns to green, attack goes badly and starts to lose = color turns to red.

Attacks having a triangle symbol and defences having a shield symbol.

How about that?

*thumbs up*

Alright, I brought out my paint skills to visualize what I would like to see. Arrows means attack, that other shield-thing means defence. The color shows how I am doing (green for good, red for bad, yellow for uncertain).

beta_may20_4.jpg

I don't understand the problem. If you have green blocks represent attacks, red blocks represent defense, and green arrows for movement, you're not losing any information :wacko:
You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.

You clearly don't understand. I was not talking about information being lost, I was talking about that battle progression and movement obviously are not displayed at the same time, which I would like them to be.

The color issue was about the fact that in one map mode red represents attack, in another it represents defence.

You are talking about information being lost, and my point is that it's not...

No, I am not talking about that, and I have already said it once.

Pretty much says it right there.