• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Idealism

President Kerensky looked out over Moscow from the window of his state room, a look of sadness on his face. The cold of winter always reminded him of how delicate the position of the Russian Republic was. Despite nearly twenty years of republican rule, Russia was still in shambles. It still amazed Kerensky that Siberia was still obeying the central authority, well, sometimes.

It occured to him, that maybe, just maybe, he was the only thing holding the Republic together was himself. The force of his idealism and patriotism inspired Russians, young and old, to support the Republic. Kerensky quickly banished such thoughts, he never liked to take credit for the Republic. It was simply his duty to Russia to do his best to keep it intact.

Sighing, Kerensky put on his hat. He had a 10:30 apointment with Marshal Denikin to observe new night fighting manuvers. Despite all the troubles, the army was actualy shaping up a bit. Still, it was not good to be out on the streets late at night, even in Moscow.

Kerensky got into his state vehicle, and the driver pulled them out onto the street. At the first stop sign, a lone gunman walked up to the window, and fired four shots from a pistol. The first shot struck Kerensky in the jaw. The second struck his sholder. The last two simply grazed his leg, but the deed was done. Kerensky opened the door and slumped against the pavement, even as a nearby police officer gunned down the attacker. Kerensky tried to utter some last words, but his jaw was shattered, and within a minute, the great leader of Russia was dead.

While the death of Kerensky was tragic for the Republic, there was still a stroke of good luck. The crisis happened at a time when the Duma was still in session. Most representitives already knew of the assassination before they arrived that morning, having been informed by the police, and were well prepared for heated debate. They were not, however, prepared for Viktor Chernov's speech.

Partial Transcript
"My fellow representitives: Our Republic faces a great crisis. Our fearless leader of nearly twenty years is now gone. Who will lead us through the trying trials of democracy now? The answer is simple. We all will!

Together, we can all carry on the Republic in Kerensky's memory. We can prove to ourselfs and to our children that the Russian people are not weak and do not run away from a challenge. We can, and will, continue to make this republic work."

Representitives defected in droves to Chernov's Left Social Revolutionaries. Together with the Menshiviks, less radical cousins of the Bolshiviks, they formed a coalition government with a 70% majority. The other 30% was mainly the Kadets, part of the old coalition, with the Right Social Revolutionaries ceasing to exist. In short order, Chernov was President, and Iraklij Tsereteliy, leader of the Menshiviks, became Prime Minister.

Russia is always fun in Kaiserreich
i subscribe

I don't believe I've ever read a Russian Kaiserreich AAR before, so I'll keep an eye on this one. :D

A lot of Kaiserreich AAR's lately. Is it set up for arm 1.3?

Update after this post! For now, replies

Hurrah! A russian AAR! They are more interesting then the soviet ones.. Usually :D

I'll be following!

Indeed. Especialy when you play realisticly a refrain from DOWing everything that moves.

A lot of Kaiserreich AAR's lately. Is it set up for arm 1.3?

Kaiserreich is so popular because of the diversity :cool:

I don't believe I've ever read a Russian Kaiserreich AAR before, so I'll keep an eye on this one. :D

Most Russian AARs would just use ATR mod :rolleyes:

Russia is always fun in Kaiserreich
i subscribe

Yep

Ooh, a Russian Kaiserreich ARR. Looks good. You've certainly got me onboard.

:D

The first year of the new coalition... went surprisingly well! Chernov made a move Kerensky never dared to, for fear of resparking the civil war. Namely, the formal recognition of the village communes and other Soviet/Bolsheviek forces. It was hoped this would expand the authority of the central government.

In private, Chernov admited he always thought that while Kerensky, for all his positive atributes, was set in the ways of old. Despite his worship of democracy, Kerensky had never allowed communist much role in the government, something Chernov thought was the most blatent cause of Russia's troubles. If the communists were treated as equals in the democratic system, alot of the warmongering would simply vanish.

Speech dated April 8, 1936

"We are a democracy, that means we follow the will of the people! The people have formed communes in their villages. We must recognize them as legitimate organizations, for they are clearly the will of a substaintial portion of the people. We shall work with these communes. No longer shall we work against each other. We will now carry out the will of the people, together!"

While the situation improved dramaticly in the following months, the economy rising and violence dropping, the government was still not solidified politicly. It was in August that the Orthodox Church began a campaign to be intergrated into the government. Kerensky had followed a policy similer to his policy dealing with communists in the past. Chernov refused the church political power, stating that while everyone has their voice in democracy, allowing the Orthodox Church into the government would be "playing favorites" so to speak. If the will of the people was truely the will of the Orthodox Church, the votes would say so, state religion or no state religion.

With all of the various internal dissenters taken care of, the Duma could get down to the bussiness of determining a direction of the Russian Republic. With power firmly in the hands of the LSR-Menshivik coalition, the choice was clear. More industry.

Russia would need to be competitive to survive in the ever changing world. Remaining a farming nation would be nice, but in the end, it would cause stagnation. Along the same lines, a military economy would make Russia a powerhouse for a few short years, but then the debts would pile up, and colapse would be all but inevitable. Focusing on industry would allow Russia to have a booming economy and build up its military slowly with the economic groth, insuring long term safty.

The country certainly needs rebuilding. Let's see how far it can go without falling apart!

Oh... I really want to play Kaiserreich... :(
I just dont know how to download it then merge it with Armegdon...

Nice job by the way, go White Russia :D

They have a seperate arma version. Infact, Beta V was just offically released yesterday. (This is Beta V if you are wondering)

The country certainly needs rebuilding. Let's see how far it can go without falling apart!

Indeed :D

Trying to stay a democracy with Russia, eh... Interresting, since most people usually choose to become a dictatorship. I will follow this one.

Honestly, I was going to go communist again, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to press the button :confused::eek:

The new coalition's policies caused it to be viewed as no better then the France, Britian, or Sicily. The line was even further blured. While the major syndicalist powers were heavily authortarian, they still had elements of democracy. While it was true the people there could not vote on policy, they could vote on who would carry out such policies. This lead to the recent hard left victories in both France and Sicily.

But how did this effect Russia? In reality, very little. In the minds of some, however, Russia was the ideal candidate to fill the gap in the political spectrum. The UoB got bumped over and Russia entered the ranks as "most moderate syndicalist", despite the fact that nothing really changed...

Nothing political, that is. One major change did happen around the same time. The army was finaly given a "ready" status. While it was true that the number of infantry was severly lacking, former head of internal security Wrangel had recently submitted and gotten approved plans for a new army operational doctorine.

The ministry of internal security was one of the darker aspects of the Kerensky era, though it did have its benefits. The position had left Wrangel with a deep seated paranoia and a fondness for the central control theroy. He believed that if you consulted with high command often, you could hardly go wrong. While this system would reduce flexibility and reaction time, it was superior to anything Russia had used in the past, and certainly better and less wastefull the the human wave idea being tossed around.

The other two ideas were rejected after careful consideration. While it was true that officers at the front would have a better view of the battle, they might not always know the big picture, which is what was more important. Plus that would severly upset the officer corps. The other idea was focusing on armored spearheads. One such spearhead was already in existance, stationed on the Belerusian border. It was determined that such units can exist without having to focus the entire army around them. Such units would be considered elite and have special privliges. This would offer "the best of both worlds, so to speak. While it could be argued the other way that infantry can still play a big role even when focusing on armor, such a vast change would GREATLY upset the officer corps, more so then individual inititive.

You took Wrangel as Chief of Staff?

Expect a coup pretty soon! I always imagined him as Kerensky's killer.

Giving the army power in Russia is probably bad. Especially if officers are politically aware.

Well, according to the info in Kaiserreich wiki, Denikin would be the best choice politically.

Btw, the armored spearhead you are talking about, as far as I remember, has only a tank divison and three other inf divisions. Not exactly an armored spearhead suited for deep strike.

You took Wrangel as Chief of Staff?

Expect a coup pretty soon! I always imagined him as Kerensky's killer.

Army doctorine event doesn't have any political consequences besides dissent I believe.

Giving the army power in Russia is probably bad. Especially if officers are politically aware.

It isn't that bad :D

Well, according to the info in Kaiserreich wiki, Denikin would be the best choice politically.

Btw, the armored spearhead you are talking about, as far as I remember, has only a tank divison and three other inf divisions. Not exactly an armored spearhead suited for deep strike.

I seperated the tank and built two more, all upgraded too. Its now sitting Smolensk.

Update after lunch!

That one takes you to Infiltration Assault and the other doctrines, right? Or is it the American Tree? I forget.