+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Instalation

Corporal
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Instalation

Hi, Im having trouble installing the meiou mod. I bought the game off steam and changed the registry number and upgraded to the most modern form of eu3. I downloaded your mod and moved it into the mod folder but it wont pop up? Can somone walk me through the process or point me to a guide where somebody does?

Corporal

yea im blind ignore this

Corporal

Im using steam and I cant find my %$^%$&^%$^ pardox files, i did a search on my computer and I cant find the files. I reinstalled it and backed up my files but still cant find it?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure i undeerstand your last post... but the files (two bat files) and folders (called mod and Graphic_Mod_Switcher) you un-rared should be put in the main EUIII directory, not in the mod folder.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by nomad19 View Post
    Im using steam and I cant find my %$^%$&^%$^ pardox files, i did a search on my computer and I cant find the files. I reinstalled it and backed up my files but still cant find it?
    1) If on Vista, the UAC feature will cause you some headaches if activated. You'll have to search around the forums for an answer on that.

2) Steam usually has a folder it puts all the games. I don't have it installed at the moment so I don't really remember. Either in the Steam folder under Program Files; or probably buried in Document and Settings/username/ApplicationData.

Wherever it is, /SteamApps/

Hopefully someone with it can provide better help.

Corporal

thanks for your help I got it to finally work

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad19 View Post
    thanks for your help I got it to finally work
    Nice
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteCK2: Holy Knight500k club

a wee problem

hello, I downloaded your mod and can't wait to play but..there is a problem
    when I try to run the mod a pop up says "The working directory doesn't seem to be correct"

what should i do?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by armonistan View Post
    hello, I downloaded your mod and can't wait to play but..there is a problem
    when I try to run the mod a pop up says "The working directory doesn't seem to be correct"

what should i do?
    Do you have, in your mod directory, a folder called MEIOU and a file MEIOU.mod ?
    •

Could be UAC also, I'll try to help out tomorrow if still a problem.

edit: Ah, or batch files not matching to folder location.
    Last edited by thsmar; 11-06-2009 at 02:43.

Well, good news and bad news...

good news first, i got the mod to work
    bad news is that i can't seem to install the map
    the program says "

The system cannot find the specified (x20)
    Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\map\t
    errain\palm_3.dds
    Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\map\t
    errain\TerraIncog.dds

TOT v3.0 installed

Press any key to continue . . .

"

What does this mean?

thank you for everything and dealing with me!
    Last edited by armonistan; 16-06-2009 at 20:28.

Sounds like the batch files are looking into the wrong folder (possibly the program used to decompress the files created duplicate folders); I'd recommend a manual install if you haven't done so yet. Or just move the batch files to the correct directory; which...

/mod/MEIOU/MEIOU Graphic Selector.bat (so forth)

Or find the /graphic_mod_switcher/tot3.0/ folder and copy the contents as needed to the correct folders.

I haven't actually been in-game for about 3 months, so Gigau (or anyone) may need to correct or clarify my post.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I shall clean the batch file : it is useless to copy these two files as they are solely used by HDM v2.21. So, if you have just those two files that aren't copied, then TOT has been installed correctely, and should work fine.
    •

hmm, truth be told i don't know what these batch files are.
    i am kinda of ignorant about this stuff...

but as far as the map goes, in the game it is white but i can see the oceans...

thank you for bearing with me

I'll try to write you up a quick guide on how to do it tomorrow. You basically just have to copy some files from one directory to another (the batch files just do that for you, if they work correctly). If you don't hear anything within a day or two, just PM or post here again.

Instllation instructions below.

Gigau, once I have this corrected, could you throw it into the FRKE/FAQ so I don't have to type it out again.? I know you have a concise version already listed, but couldn't hurt to have this either since it exists now. I can hash out the HDM also if needed.

---------FRKE/FAQ:---------

Also refer here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69&postcount=2

---------Manual Map Install (ToT)---------

This is embarrassing, I can't remember if the map mod files go into vanilla /gfx or the mod/gfx...

1) If you make any changes to your vanilla copy, I'd recommend backing up your vanillaEU3/gfx folder somewhere

2) Navigate to your /EU3vanilla/mod/MEIOU/Graphic Mod Switcher/
    ---> This folder may be under /mod or /MEIOU; I moved my folder into MEIOU

3) Select the folder ToT_3.0_files

4) Under ToT_3.0_files\gfx --> copy the fonts folder to EU3vanilla\gfx\fonts\
    [you may already have this font installed]

---Need to check on the next few steps, I'm forgetting what directory they install in. I believe you can install them into MEIOU and have them working; but if not, you'll have to install into the vanillaEU3. Again, make sure you backup any folders you make changes to (I just zip/compress them and keep them in the Paradox Interactive folder)

5) Under Tot_3.0_files\gfx --> copy the files in the /FX folder to either MEIOU\gfx\fx folder or [?Caution?\EU3vanilla\gfx\fx]

6) Under ToT_3.0_files\map\ --> copy the terrain folder contents to \mod\MEIOU\map\terrain folder or [?Caution?\EU3vanilla\map\terrain]

7) Under Graphic_Mod_Switcher\ToT_Colormap --> you can choose to install these, I don't believe you really need to though? anyways:
    --> colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds to \mod\MEIOU\map\terrain\ or [?Caution?\EU3Vanillia\map\terrain\]

Similar process for HDM.

Default MEIOU folder assumed the EU3vanilla folder listed belowed
    \EU3\mod\MEIOU
    .\Graphic_Mod_Switcher
    ..\Tot_3.0_Files
    ..\ToT_Colormap

Default EU3vanilla folder = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\

Recommend keeping UAC off in Vista or you'll find mods more challenging to install. The folder above is for XP.

If changing vanilla files, back up the gfx folder before proceeding. This will change the map for all mods and vanilla.

Vanilla = the game without mods, the basic version out-of-box (patched, etc.) / or in other words, the main game folder without mods

---------Game Shortcut---------

Target
    "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\eu3game.exe" -mod MEIOU

Start In
    "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III"

------------------

We are unable to help you troubleshoot any errors that occur outside of the MEIOU mod.
    Last edited by gigau; 20-06-2009 at 11:06. Reason: Manual Map Install Instructions

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the continued help and solutions, dear thsmar
    •

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory

Blog Entries
    I tried downloading MEIOU:BE v1.2.3 (for v1.3) and had no issue installing but it crashes as I try to scroll around and the water doesn't show properly. Any fixes?
    Swertic Tales

--------------[The Book of Saint John Series]---------------
    Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III
    The Last Knights and the Book of St John
    --------------------more info at my Inkwell-------------------
    Medieval World 3 - EU2 LibrAARy - ACA Archive
    I was canonized 1/12/2008

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Swert View Post
    I tried downloading MEIOU:BE v1.2.3 (for v1.3) and had no issue installing but it crashes as I try to scroll around and the water doesn't show properly. Any fixes?
    Did you install Pishtaco's TOT v1.2 mod over your vanilla files ?

When i get some spare time, i'll try to update MEIOU:BE and MEIOU:NA...
    •

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Did you install Pishtaco's TOT v1.2 mod over your vanilla files ?
    Well I did so just then but the problems remain. It seems to crash when scrolling over the Balkan region. And here's a screenshot showing the water issue:

Swertic Tales

--------------[The Book of Saint John Series]---------------
    Volume I
    Volume II
    Volume III
    The Last Knights and the Book of St John
    --------------------more info at my Inkwell-------------------
    Medieval World 3 - EU2 LibrAARy - ACA Archive
    I was canonized 1/12/2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast