• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So modding in an event for releasing a revolter-puppet and imidiatly annexing it to have more occupation policies wont work? I only have a passing modding knowledge, so Im on quite thin ice here...

Last edited:
I think it's an excellent idea to be able to have occupied countries treated the way you want to, a giant leap forwards, very well done!

One minor thing I want to bring up, in 1943 I see the German cabinet as rather, unhistorical. The date of Feb 1st 1943 suggests this is a game started that date, so not the global campaign, so the AI would not have changed anything, and I'm guessing no human either.

Chief of the army cannot be other then below, Keitel was never a Chief of the Army but simply "manager" of the OKW.
CoA for Germany;
Ludwig Beck 1 October 1933–31 October 1938
Franz Halder 1 September 1938–24 September 1942
Kurt Zeitzler 24 September 1942–10 June 1944
Adolf Heusinger 10 June 1944–21 July 1944
Heinz Guderian 21 July 1944–28 March 1945
Hans Krebs 1 April 1945–30 April 1945

Armament minister, another thing. Walter Funk was economics minster, so it should be either called that, which makes no sense as it gives treats for the armaments industry, and he never changed his post.
People here should be Fritz Todt and Albert Speer.

Chief Of Staff should indeed be Jodl, but this was run by Hitler himself basically starting 1941.

I know it's all just names etc and for Germany it's especially difficult as no particular group, neither OKW nor OKH got the actual overall ruling on all fronts.

So, just a remark.

I get this as one is for governments in exile in your capital, and the other with no government in exile.
I'm pretty sure that it's this way;

As Soviet, when you overrun Germany and are fighting the last germans in Brest, France, you can liberate any country that's possible, that being Luxembourg, Norway, Denmark, ect.. They will then go from a democratic GiE in London, to their old country, now being communists, I guess... You can't however, Poland until Germany is defeated ;) (I'm guessing, since they'd have borders closer to Germany now)

You can't as Germany, make a puppet in Ukraina, until you beat Soviet, which is probably done with an Bitter Peace event, or when their national unity goes down to scratch, and surrender ;) Then you get all their land-connected provinces, and I'm guessing you can do whatever you want... puppet nations, ect..

You can't, however, as Germany, make a puppet in Ukraina, until you beat Soviet, which is probably done with an Bitter Peace event, or when their national unity goes down to scratch, and surrender ;) Then you get all their land-connected provinces, and I'm guessing you can do whatever you want... puppet nations, ect..

Oh? Where is this info from? It'll be weird if that was the case...

Fair enough, no complaints as I always prefer total annexation as Germany.

Another question though: If Netherlands in Europe is run over by Germany and Japan later takes over Indonesia I wonder if it will be considered a Dutch land or Indonesian.

I also wonder if there's an occupation policy for countries that are totally annexed.

So if I'm Great Briatain, and Poland has a govenement in exile in London, when I conquered poland territory from invader, I will have to return it to governement in exile? I will not be able to leave it under my control?

Nice dev diary. I have one question though:

I can see a "liberate country" button in the screenshot: What are the requirements for enabling the option of liberating a country?

read through the topic and you'll find out ;)

But that doesn't mean that partisan level will be 0 and IC efficiency will 100% no?
As I said, their yours, but they probably aren't your core provinces ;) and since core is only for national territory, that means that, no of course it won't be a 0 partisan and IC at 100%

As I said, their yours, but they probably aren't your core provinces ;) and since core is only for national territory, that means that, no of course it won't be a 0 partisan and IC at 100%

Yeah I got that it won't necessarily be your core provinces but that really isn't my question is it? So basically it means that there won't be any option for the player on what kind of policy to choose from when they annex a country which is weird because I see Norway under the list of occupied countries. It probably means that annex is only possible if there is no government in exile but that doesn't mean that you should just take out the occupation option out.

read through the topic and you'll find out ;)

I've got it. If I totally annex one nation, that nation's province belong to me at once. Of course, these provinces are not my national provinces. So these province's efficiency won't be 100% (of course, I do not need "Occupation Policy" because I own that nation. When I only occupied them, I would dispatch "Governor General" or organise "general comittee" for daily governing of them. However, if total annexation is done, I would elect "Governor" by normal political progress instead of heavyhanded "Governor General".) So I should choose either swallowing forever although it has not 100% efficiency or liberate them/make puppet them for make friendly nation for me and my international policy.
Very good. Thanks Johan, King, Lauri and all~!:p

Last edited:
About partisans, will they just spawn in one province just to be destroyed by the nearest division, or will they damage IC, production or in general make controlling occupied provinces harder?

what effects exactly do the difference ocupation policies have?

for instance doe it effect:
1. the amount of avaialbel IC you have from that area?
2. the amount of resources you get from that area? (manpower, oil etc etc
3. Does a higher level of occupation mean a higher level of percentage of IC and resources you get but also mean that higher level of partisanship as well which requires more garrisions to coutneract?

please clarify?

what effects exactly do the difference ocupation policies have?

for instance doe it effect:
1. the amount of avaialbel IC you have from that area?
2. the amount of resources you get from that area? (manpower, oil etc etc
3. Does a higher level of occupation mean a higher level of percentage of IC and resources you get but also mean that higher level of partisanship as well which requires more garrisions to coutneract?

please clarify?

The effects are shown right on the screenshot...