• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
betamay13.jpg

Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376739

Looking nice ^^

Just a though though. Unit templates, perhaps having an extra row wouldn't hurt. That way you could have two versions of 8 different units.

Hypothetically, King, if we could rig the system somehow that countries can't actually annex any other, but only occupy them (and include another level of occupation policy: annexation), we could divide up the Soviet Union into its constituent parts so that Germany, for example, could have different policies for every SSR if we wanted to go that far?

Hypothetically, King, if we could rig the system somehow that countries can't actually annex any other, but only occupy them (and include another level of occupation policy: annexation), we could divide up the Soviet Union into its constituent parts so that Germany, for example, could have different policies for every SSR if we wanted to go that far?

Hypothetically speaking if the USSR was several seperate countries then you could have different occupation policies.

I have question, King. You said, it is not possible to create puppets if you only control the provinces but you have to own them. If that is so, why do we have "liberate country" and "release puppet" buttons? I thought one was for owned territory and the other for controlled.

Hypothetically speaking if the USSR was several seperate countries then you could have different occupation policies.
I seem to recall some prospective modders hoping to turn the USSR into an actual federation of SSRs rather than being one single country...:D

I have question, King. You said, it is not possible to create puppets if you only control the provinces but you have to own them. If that is so, why do we have "liberate country" and "release puppet" buttons? I thought one was for owned territory and the other for controlled.

One is for governments in exile the other isn't.

Is the forming of partisans effected by infrastructure? What I mean is that I don't want to go hunting for partisans in the norwegian mountains were there is nothing of value and it takes me several months the get to them...?

Is the forming of partisans effected by infrastructure? What I mean is that I don't want to go hunting for partisans in the norwegian mountains were there is nothing of value and it takes me several months the get to them...?

Which is exactly why me and my Norwegian partisan brigade would be waiting for you there:D

One is for governments in exile the other isn't.

I get this as one is for governments in exile in your capital, and the other with no government in exile. Is this correct? This may become a trivial question since a seperate button for countries that has government in exile in another capital than yours is kind of pointless.

Thx for the quick answer.

So what do partisans actually do? Burden TC and spawn every now and then as in Hoi2? Do high partisan levels increase Intel for the original owner? Can we expect coordinated large scale uprisings if we dont occupy properly or will it be the one Militia uprising in Zagreb that will be torched by the one KAV responsible for all Balkan provinces?

So, if I have all of the provinces that comprise, say Ukraine, under my control, then I can create a puppet government. But, I cannot "occupy" it (with a different set of rules than SU).

Right?

Sound like you could not release a puppet, when you only controll the area (as opposed to properly "own" it after peace/annexation has occured)

The tooltip for Collaboration Government shows "IC -75%" . Does this same penalty also apply to gathering raw resources in the occupied territory, or is that a different modifier (which is not used for Collaboration Government)?

each country who occupies terrotry of another country can select an occupation policy for thier terrotry. So if several different countries have occupy parts of the same country then you will have provinces under different occupation policies with different partisan spawning chances.

Ok thats clear, thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by ok2useLane
So, if I have all of the provinces that comprise, say Ukraine, under my control, then I can create a puppet government. But, I cannot "occupy" it (with a different set of rules than SU).

Right?

Sound like you could not release a puppet, when you only controll the area (as opposed to properly "own" it after peace/annexation has occured)

Well that's why I'm asking... You could do this in HOI2. I'm just wondering if that's what they are inferring, or if they mean what you say. If it's the latter, then it will make the fight on the eastern front much more difficult, not to mention China for the Japanese.
;)