+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Diary #28 - 13th of May 2009

Hearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Former Far Eastern Colony of the European Union

Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=376739

Looking nice ^^

Just a though though. Unit templates, perhaps having an extra row wouldn't hurt. That way you could have two versions of 8 different units.
    Nationality: European
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Laissez-fair/Free trade
    Current work: Clerk
    Cash reserves: £9
    Revolt risk: 0%
    Militancy: 3
    Consciousness: 9

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Hypothetically, King, if we could rig the system somehow that countries can't actually annex any other, but only occupy them (and include another level of occupation policy: annexation), we could divide up the Soviet Union into its constituent parts so that Germany, for example, could have different policies for every SSR if we wanted to go that far?
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

Quote Originally Posted by lautmurua View Post
    I see an "Expert" under POLITICS....

We can chose deep in every aspect (Politics, Diplomacy, Production, Etc) or a "Global" One?

If we chose "Basic" AI take control of that Aspect?

Thanks
    Well i auto answer with this picture:

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Hypothetically, King, if we could rig the system somehow that countries can't actually annex any other, but only occupy them (and include another level of occupation policy: annexation), we could divide up the Soviet Union into its constituent parts so that Germany, for example, could have different policies for every SSR if we wanted to go that far?
    Hypothetically speaking if the USSR was several seperate countries then you could have different occupation policies.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

EU3 Complete

Blog Entries
    I have question, King. You said, it is not possible to create puppets if you only control the provinces but you have to own them. If that is so, why do we have "liberate country" and "release puppet" buttons? I thought one was for owned territory and the other for controlled.
    o=||==Official=Royal=Scribe=of=Suenik==||=o

heisenbug: /hi:´zen·buhg/, n.
    [from Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in quantum physics]
    A bug that disappears or alters its behavior when one attempts to probe or isolate it

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Hypothetically speaking if the USSR was several seperate countries then you could have different occupation policies.
    I seem to recall some prospective modders hoping to turn the USSR into an actual federation of SSRs rather than being one single country...
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by praxiteles View Post
    I have question, King. You said, it is not possible to create puppets if you only control the provinces but you have to own them. If that is so, why do we have "liberate country" and "release puppet" buttons? I thought one was for owned territory and the other for controlled.
    One is for governments in exile the other isn't.
    Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be

Is the forming of partisans effected by infrastructure? What I mean is that I don't want to go hunting for partisans in the norwegian mountains were there is nothing of value and it takes me several months the get to them...?
    "The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." - Karl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
    Is the forming of partisans effected by infrastructure? What I mean is that I don't want to go hunting for partisans in the norwegian mountains were there is nothing of value and it takes me several months the get to them...?
    Which is exactly why me and my Norwegian partisan brigade would be waiting for you there
    Click here if you want to know what FOARP stands for.

"Fighting for your own freedom is also fighting for national freedom, fighting for your own rights is also fighting for your country's rights - because a free and equal country cannot be made by a group of slaves!" - Hu Shi

EU3 Complete

Blog Entries
    One is for governments in exile the other isn't.
    I get this as one is for governments in exile in your capital, and the other with no government in exile. Is this correct? This may become a trivial question since a seperate button for countries that has government in exile in another capital than yours is kind of pointless.

Thx for the quick answer.
    o=||==Official=Royal=Scribe=of=Suenik==||=o

heisenbug: /hi:´zen·buhg/, n.
    [from Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in quantum physics]
    A bug that disappears or alters its behavior when one attempts to probe or isolate it

sexy shoeless god of dice
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

So what do partisans actually do? Burden TC and spawn every now and then as in Hoi2? Do high partisan levels increase Intel for the original owner? Can we expect coordinated large scale uprisings if we dont occupy properly or will it be the one Militia uprising in Zagreb that will be torched by the one KAV responsible for all Balkan provinces?
    "Fairness is not, strictly speaking, a market failure." Tim Harford

Some small contemplations on HOI2 combat :
    Multiple Targeting Effects I II
    Artillery in Defence
    The optimal ratio of Militia and INF

A small Axis & Allies MP AAR: Part I , II, III and IV.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

you need to own the provinces first. Occupation is not enough to release a puppet.
    So, if I have all of the provinces that comprise, say Ukraine, under my control, then I can create a puppet government. But, I cannot "occupy" it (with a different set of rules than SU).

Right?

EU3 Complete

Will there be different occupation policy for different ideology/faction or will all countries have the same ones?
    Dead

sexy shoeless god of dice
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ok2useLane View Post
    So, if I have all of the provinces that comprise, say Ukraine, under my control, then I can create a puppet government. But, I cannot "occupy" it (with a different set of rules than SU).

Right?
    Sound like you could not release a puppet, when you only controll the area (as opposed to properly "own" it after peace/annexation has occured)
    "Fairness is not, strictly speaking, a market failure." Tim Harford

Some small contemplations on HOI2 combat :
    Multiple Targeting Effects I II
    Artillery in Defence
    The optimal ratio of Militia and INF

A small Axis & Allies MP AAR: Part I , II, III and IV.

Looks really interesting. I especially like the multiple forms of occupation. Hopefully this game will be as good as it looks.

The tooltip for Collaboration Government shows "IC -75%" . Does this same penalty also apply to gathering raw resources in the occupied territory, or is that a different modifier (which is not used for Collaboration Government)?

each country who occupies terrotry of another country can select an occupation policy for thier terrotry. So if several different countries have occupy parts of the same country then you will have provinces under different occupation policies with different partisan spawning chances.

Ok thats clear, thanks for the clarification.
    "When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't the slightest intention of putting it into practice." Otto von Bismarck

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Originally Posted by ok2useLane

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by theokrat View Post
    Sound like you could not release a puppet, when you only controll the area (as opposed to properly "own" it after peace/annexation has occured)
    Well that's why I'm asking... You could do this in HOI2. I'm just wondering if that's what they are inferring, or if they mean what you say. If it's the latter, then it will make the fight on the eastern front much more difficult, not to mention China for the Japanese.

EU3 Complete

Did anyone else notice the 'partisan efficiency' under Himmler? So it looks like there will be an efficiency rating in addition to 'local partisan support', totally awesome.
    Dead

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So modding in an event for releasing a revolter-puppet and imidiatly annexing it to have more occupation policies wont work? I only have a passing modding knowledge, so Im on quite thin ice here...
    Last edited by Meanmanturbo; 13-05-2009 at 18:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast