• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the words of praise!

It has come to my attention that the Filefront links no longer work, so I've uploaded it again with some small changes, as version 1.1.

Changes in v1.1:

- Renamed some Israeli divisions.
- "Beaufighters" event now activates a CAS squadron for Israel.
- Added one point of IC and some population and resources to Egypt.

Amazing! You do a quick smart senario and it takes off. I think it would go better with the eu map mod because of the smaller provinces

Hm, what is this eu map mod that you speak of? It might be interesting.

Have looked into it and its looks really good.

also the 6 days and yom kippur would be great add ons

Kol Hakavod! ( Welldone in hebrew)

i really loved the scenario and i hope you will make more for the other wars i can help if you wish.( im a huge military history fan and allso the regiment in wich i served has a long proud history in every israeli war).

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't plan to make battlescenarios for any subsequent wars. Part of the reason I made this was because it was fought in the 1940s with WWII-era tech, so I could use HoI2 without making additions to the tech tree or minister list. That's how it's 100% vanilla compatible. I'm afraid I don't have the time to engage in more serious modding, but if anyone else wants to try it, he or she can use any elements of this battlescenario and I'll be happy to give any technical information or advice, from the little experience I've accumulated making this.

I reuploaded the zips on Filefront, since the previous links no longer worked. I've noticed this happens from time to time, so if you ever encounter such a problem when trying to download the mod, please post about it or send me a pm and I'll upload the zips again.

This is a great Battle Scenario! But I think Israel is a little bit Under powered at the start for some reason...

Thanks! Israel benefits from a gradual stream of new event-generated units, as well as the lack of coordination between Arab armies. It may seem underpowered at the start, but it is anything but.

Thanks! Israel benefits from a gradual stream of new event-generated units, as well as the lack of coordination between Arab armies. It may seem underpowered at the start, but it is anything but.

Well, I would prefer if 1 more division would be put at the start, because it is way to easy for the arab alliance to win at the start...

Hm, the links work fine for me...

The Israelis have enough divisions to avoid being defeated at the start, if they use them aggressively. Remember, they weren't fated to win. The Arabs had a chance to defeat them early on.

Hi Selzro, I loved your game a lot. I believe it's a great battle scenario. I have same event and game suggestions if you don't mind. It's a bit much, but maybe you and some other will like some of the ideas.

Israel:
- Israel starts with cores on Gaza and the Jerusalem area. This is not in accordance with the UN partition plan. Maybe Israel should gain cores on Jerusalem if they hold it for long enough, while cores on Gaza would not be realistic on short-term.
- The Druze were not insignificant to the war effort. Their loyalty to the Jewish state could be part of some event?
- Similarily the Circassians in the Galilee declared loyalty to the Jewish state rather than living in an Arab state, while those in the Jerusalem area remained neutral.
- Perhaps Israel should determine its policy in the Galilee through an event. It could try to be ruthless or try to win hearts and minds (support for minorities such as Druze, Circassians and Maronites, whom Ben Gurion considered allies).
- If Jerusalem is controlled and even if it will be in the hands of Israel long enough, armed Arab fighters will continue to cause problems. Infiltrations (increase in revolt risk?) from Jordan are very likely. The area around Jerualem is hard to control so sabotage actions (decrease in infrastructure?) would take place. Perhaps Jordan should gain a militia division when Jerusalem falls.

Egypt:
- if Israel captures Eilat and Gaza, those Arabs who fled those territories will most likely try to infiltrate the Negev desert. This was the military policy of Egypt in the years after the war. Such infiltration tactics would be used both during the conflict and after a possible armistice. So when Eilat and the Gaza are held by Israel, their revolt risk should increase. If the Sinai is captured, Israel will have a hard time controlling bedouins and the many Arabs from Gaza.
- if the Sinai is captured and held for some time, perhaps Israel should gain some battle experience (this is possible event-wise if I am correct)
- if Cairo and Alexandria fall, Egypt would most likely sign an armistice treaty. the fate of the Sinai should be decided.

Jordan:
- if the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (and Jerusalem area) is completely under Israeli control, it's quite likely an armistice will be the result. However, if Israel allows the Lehi and the Irgun to operate, things might go differently. First of all, the Irgun and Lehi claim Jordan as part of the Jewish homeland. This can be seen in the Irgun logo, in their songs, and the real life policy of Israel towards Jordan's territory in the first decades. If Israel's government is more radical they may push for annexation of Jordan rather than an armistice. One could theorize the other Arab powers would intervene. Game-wise, perhaps Jordan could be split between Iraq and Israel or Syria and Israel (while the war continues and Irgun ambitions to settle east of river Jordan continue also).
- if an armistice is signed, Arab irregulars will continue to infiltrate Israeli territory, just like at the Egyptian border. game-wise this could be shown through series of events or just an increase in revolt risk.
- if Jordan is to be annexed, revolt risks should increase even more, or alternatively Transport Capacity should decrease (symbolizing those troops needed to control that area).

Lebanon:
Two background points on Lebanon:
1) The Yishuv (Jewish community of the Mandate) and the Maronites (including those in the Galilee) held contacts for years before the war. Already in the aftermath of WW1 contacts between Maronites and Zionists started. Zionists contributed financially to Christians who had been hit due to ethnic strife between them and elements of Lebanon's Shia population. Zionist relationships with the Maronites (particularly the elite) were present in the 20s, intensified in the 30s & 40s. In 1948 the Kataeb provided weapons for Lebanon's Jews to ensure their safety. Among Maronites who were either pro-Zionist or condoned Zionist acitivies were very prominent figures.
2) While nothing bad should be said about the indiviudal Lebanese soldier, Lebanon's army reflected Lebanon's deeply divided society. Thus while being able to win individual fights, this hampered their ability to be a succesful force against the IDF. It is important to note that Lebanon was not just fighting Israel, it was fighting bandits, this demanded a lot of the already small army. It's officers were mostly Christian, low-ranking soldiers often Shi'a, and the educated Sunni often "boycotted" the army. Lebanon's leaders refused their soldiers to help out Syria or irregular Arab soldiers. And by 1949 the Lebanese army started building defences against Syria, fearing pan-Arab control over Lebanon.

Event ideas & suggestions for Lebanon:
- The war against the bandits should limit its offensive abilities, perhaps most of its army units should be locked (so prevented from going anywhere)

- The Lebanese army was barely offensive, even at the Battle of Malikiyya its fighters were mostly ALA and Lebanese volunteers. IDF accounts tell that those Lebanese who did go on the offensive never were Maronites (the better trained, or officers). So by all means Lebanon's striking force should be extremely tiny.
- Lebanon has very few provinces so if Israel invades the "Beirut province" I think some events should be in order, maybe something with this?:
* Israeli army captures Tyre!
* Israeli army crosses the Litani river!
* Israeli army captures Sidon!

- If the IDF occupies Lebanon, Lebanon should be given a choice on its future:
I) continue to fight on the Arab side. Perhaps they could gain an understrength militia divisions, would be unrealistic to give them more due to divisions in society. Syria would absolutely use Lebanon's weakened position to gain a hold on its territory. So it is unlikely Lebanon as it is would survive an all-out war in this scenario.
II) sign the armistice (in game peace treaty). given Lebanon's politics probably most infiltration into Israel will stop. While remain supportive of the Arab League (under great Syrian pressure). This is the historic event.
III) sign a full peace treaty with Israel and become completely neutral (leaving the Arab League). This was the ambition of a great amount of the Lebanese elite, to be independent from both Israeli and Arab influence. The anti pan-Arab sentiment and turmoil in Lebanonn in the 50s proves this. In the game scenario, Syria might try to intervene.
IV) ally itself with Israel. This would not have support from all Lebanese but those in the elite who are against pan-Arab influences and especially those who profited financially from doing business with the Zionist enterprise and the Yishuv. This would start with a Christian revolt in Beirut (historically planned by Lebanon's former president the late Emile Eddé), and Lebanon would become an autocratic state led by a Maronite elite fighting against the pan-Arab forces.

- In the event that Lebanon refuses an armistice with Israel (or in the event Israel refuses an armistice), a possible full occupation of Lebanon by Israel could still led to Israel installing a puppet. This fits into Ben Gurion's strategy and it would not be hard to find leaders in Lebanon with hostile views against the Arab world. Such a puppet would be militarily weak though, much like Lebanon in the beginning of the game.

Just some suggestions, any thoughts?

UNIT 101

These are excellent suggestions, Unit101! I wasn't planning to do any more work on this mod, and I don't have time to work on it at the present, but I will see about adding these events at some point in the future. Some of them won't have much of an effect (Lebanon, for instance, is almost insignificant militarily as it is) but they should add a lot of historical flavour.

How often does Jordan get new units? the event triggered three times.
Worse, the last batch landed in Amman a province occupied by my troops. This led to a dozen battle, victory and defeat messages and in the end all my troops province were pretty shot up while the new Jordanian units were gone :wacko:
Iraq also gets it's new units in this province although it (naturally, as it's not in Iraq :p) was behind the frontline.

Hm, that's not supposed to happen like that. I'll look into it.