• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Super news, thank you Johan... Keep the good Work!

This is one of my favorite features so far. If Victoria had AI helpers, I might be induced to play it sometimes. :D

Edit: Goodness, seven posts while I was writing two sentences. :eek:

How will the actions of my game and my ai help you the developers improve the ai?
I under stand the conscept just want clarity on the execution.
Will it be by player feedback, online monitoring?

"However it is still useful to you, you see it is a rather neat way to test the AI. The AI is using the exact same system, so every improvement we manage to make to player control is as improvement to the combat AI. It also splits AI testing between higher and lower level command. So if a player using AI control can drive deep into Russia as Germany and the German AI can’t then we know straight away where to focus our efforts to get more out of the AI."

How will the actions of my game and my ai help you the developers improve the ai?
I under stand the conscept just want clarity on the execution.
Will it be by player feedback, online monitoring?

"However it is still useful to you, you see it is a rather neat way to test the AI. The AI is using the exact same system, so every improvement we manage to make to player control is as improvement to the combat AI. It also splits AI testing between higher and lower level command. So if a player using AI control can drive deep into Russia as Germany and the German AI can’t then we know straight away where to focus our efforts to get more out of the AI."

No it is for beta testing. Our Betas have a very easy way of testing and providing feedback on the AI.

I suppose the big question is does the AI cheat? Well the AI doesn’t cheat but it can do something you can’t. It can consider and evaluate more that its current plan. We don’t consider this a cheat because you will do the same, it just is able to talk directly to its theatre HQs to find out exactly what they need where as you guess these things and then find out when the plan is put into prepare. Even while the German Western Theatre is off blitzing France a higher-level AI can look at and consider a plan for the invasion of Britain and start thinking is this worthwhile, what units it will need, and start building them. How does this differ from the strategic AIs in In Nomine or Vae Victis? Well the big difference is not only does it consider other strategic possibilities, it will also remember them. It allows it to not only look at the current situation, but also has the situation changed. Giving it a new level in strategic thought.

So a unit under AI command can produce units in the production screen ? :eek:

On the screen :
Why the Army has an objective but its army corps, and divisions, have not this objective ?

So, you can give AI control over the army group guarding the French beaches while still having full control over a few panzer divisions subordinate to the Western Theatre HQ? Now that would be historical! :D

There is an exception to this, units assigned out of position in the command structure (e.g. a division under an army or a corps assigned direct to theatre HQ) are classed as reserves and the AI will freely reassign them to where it needs them inside the command structure.

So, using the screenshot as example, if you add a division directly to an army (like those 13. and 14. grenzdivision in the screenshot?) the division might be placed under command of the XIII. Armeekorps, so moved there, but still stays listed as directly under the army?
And in the screenshot the AI has decided those two divisions are better off placed on the left flank of the two corps'?

On the screen :
Why the Army has an objective but its army corps, and divisions, have not this objective ?

hmm? because it assigns various subparts of its objectives to various parts of its units below it?

this sounds really good, but at the same time sounds quite complicated, managing different theatres and so forth.

I expect to get my proverbial rear handed to me a few times perhaps when I start playing this until I get used to it :rofl:

How does one assign boundaries of operation to an AI then? For example, while one can set objectives, they could be something like 'Moscow'. Is it possible to set limits on the width of a breakthrough without assigning multiple objectives?

On the screen :

No, that is for an AI controlled country

If you look carefully the two army corps have objectives, but no orders yet.

I would like of course this nice addition as long as I can turn it off. :)
But is it possible lets say to have the AI control a theatre while me controlling another one up to divisonal level.

So, you can give AI control over the army group guarding the French beaches while still having full control over a few panzer divisions subordinate to the Western Theatre HQ? Now that would be historical! :D

So, using the screenshot as example, if you add a division directly to an army (like those 13. and 14. grenzdivision in the screenshot?) the division might be placed under command of the XIII. Armeekorps, so moved there, but still stays listed as directly under the army?
And in the screenshot the AI has decided those two divisions are better off placed on the left flank of the two corps'?

No once a division is moved it's moved, and will sit in that part of the command structure. So if you assign a division to an Army and then give it over to the AI, you won't know where the AI has decided it is best needed if you assume control again. Assign it to a corps and it will stay there.

But is it possible lets say to have the AI control a theatre while me controlling another one up to divisonal level.

yes.

you can set any automation at any level you want above a division.

The example you quoted is when Germany is controlled entirely by the AI I think. the AI for the western theatre is still invading france, but the higher level AI is already thinking about invading britain :)

No it is for beta testing. Our Betas have a very easy way of testing and providing feedback on the AI.
Lucky beta people.
love the idea, it means we can focus on parts of the war that interest us and leave the ai to handle unwanted fronts.
I assume they will make requests for equipment and units on their own. or will they use whatever I give them the best they can?
Say i give full control of western front to Theatre hq and only handle eastern front. Will western front commander order his own supplies, equipment, troops and aircraft?

On a lighter note has the ai as yet ever done a sealion?

Of course you are in no way shape or form required to use this system. You can assign AI objectives from corps upwards. So you could say in 1941 assign a theatre HQ to look after France for you while you focus on the eastern front. Then in 1942 give the AI control of Army group North and Centre while you focus in on the southern part of the front. It is entirely up to you how much or how little you use this feature.