• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Imperium.jpg

POST ANY BUGS YOU FIND HERE

Last edited:
Plague targets

Noticed what I assume is a bug in the plague events (very nice set of events by the way - tanked economy & manpower nastily without being over the top).

As Rome all the Plague events depopulations seem to target Umbria regardless of which province gets plague. Also got it in Thessaly and Epirus was targetted for pop loss.

This may be WAd or you could just really dislike Umbria ;)

Oh yeah : Imperium 1.12 on VV 2.1

The engine chooses "random provinces" quite unrandomly, I know. Another game it could have been Roma that was chosen all the time. But it did spread, right? Then it couldn't have been targeting Umbria only.

Well, I noticed this a while ago, but I just now decided to get off my ass and tell you. As far as I can tell, none of the new trade goods are tied to a tax boosting building, so any province using one of the new trade goods won't have a tax building available to build. I've already edited mine manually, but I thought you should know for future releases. ;)

Yup I know. The resource restriction for buildings doesn't work when you can change trade goods, and I guess we'll have to live with that. The buildings will be changed completely in v1.2, though. 26 province improvements are on their way. ;)

I can understand if that happened when the plague hit provinces neighbouring to Umbria, but it can't possibly have happened in any other cases.

Last edited:
Not really, I just realised how to work my way around it. It will be fixed in the next quick version.
(If you wonder, I've included not = { plague_spreading_quickly } in the random_province limit.) ;)

Ok took Carthage through to 502. Have complete control of Africa having absorbed minor states and colonised. Noticed the following:

1. No elephant recruitment, even in provinces with Elephants.
2. Ikosim & Tingis have Trireme construction times of 1 day :eek:
3. Cant give Praetor titles so running out of Governors.
4. The Leader of the Religious Faction is a Civic Faction member.

The Senate is 45% Populist despite the fact I have only one Populist member. Military & Religious faction are 2 & 4 senators but 1 & 0 charactors. The Civic & Mercantile Factions have have around 20 senators each but most of the charactors are mercantile. Weird...

Oh and having just finished colonising mission in Iberia the next one was war with Illyria - wait, what?

Ok took Carthage through to 502. Have complete control of Africa having absorbed minor states and colonised. Noticed the following:

1. No elephant recruitment, even in provinces with Elephants.

Anyone able to recruit Elephants?

2. Ikosim & Tingis have Trireme construction times of 1 day :eek:

Now playing rome and at 516 - noticed that any province with 2 woods resources gets 1 day triremes since each woods = -50% trireme construction time.

3. Cant give Praetor titles so running out of Governors.

Ok finally worked out I had to rotate people through the offices to make them propraetors - my bad :eek:o

4. The Leader of the Religious Faction is a Civic Faction member.

This happened again as Rome - only 1 character has been religious at all...

1. It seems you're right, it's not possible to recruit elephants anywhere. Clearly, the allow_unit_type command doesn't work. This is something I'll have to work my way around.
2. No provinces are supposed to have double wood supplies, you can report any such observations as bugs. I didn't find any double supplies in Tingis or Ikosim, though.
4. The factions are a bit messed up, yes. It will be fixed in next version. If you don't want to wait, you can go to the Imperium mod directory, click at common and delete buildings.txt.

2. No provinces are supposed to have double wood supplies, you can report any such observations as bugs. I didn't find any double supplies in Tingis or Ikosim, though.

Errr well in my game both do & vosconti as well.

In fact there seems to be duplication of resources in a high percentage of provinces (double slave, elephants etc...)

Is it just in my install or are other people getting this?

Then I would say there's something wrong with your installation, because there's nothing, except imperium supplies distributions.txt, that could have gives additional supplies to those provinces. I just checked the file, and neither Vascones, Tingis nor Ikosom have duplicated supplies.

Then I would say there's something wrong with your installation, because there's nothing, except imperium supplies distributions.txt, that could have gives additional supplies to those provinces. I just checked the file, and neither Vascones, Tingis nor Ikosom have duplicated supplies.

*Sounds of extended swearing*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

OK I'll uninstall it and try again...

Hmmm oh well I did make a fair few mistakes in my Rome game anyway...

BTW the 'Sacrilege' event that exiles characters show "EVTOPT7513" instead of descriptive text on the option bar.

[edit] Just to be sure I've deleted the old Imperium 1.12 stuff and the EUR map cache - redownloaded the Imperium1.12 rar and reinstalled. Let's see how it goes[/edit]

Last edited:
Ok that fixed up the messy resources - heck I even had 2 'regulate provincial exports' option bars in missions and decisions before...

Wow my install must have been messed up...

Now I've got a recurring CTD that is based on Sparta & Achean league making peace...

*SIGH*

Last edited: