• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok that fixed up the messy resources - heck I even had 2 'regulate provincial exports' option bars in missions and decisions before...
*SIGH*
Good. :)

Went back to an earlier save and as soon as Achea & Sparta make peace WHAM CTD...

Any thoughts on why this is?
Nope. I don't see how it could be related to anything in Imperium, since the Greek part of the world has hardly been modded at all. Start as Achea or Sparta and try to find out if there's any disloyal governor or general that might want to break free and form a country. That kind of thing could cause a crash in vanilla too.

Character objectives

I don´t know if it has been addressed in another thread: some characters get objectives that are no longer available: become plebeian aedile or tribune of the treasury or tribune of the soldiers (for the game it´s not equal to tribunes militium).

*Sigh* Another day - another odd CTD cause...

OK playing as Rome & if I try to access 'Missions & Decisions' BOOM CTD to desktop...

I've attached the savegame as a .rar and hoping someone can have a look and work out whats wrong...

Thanks in advance.

[Edit : I deleted the Game with the Sparta/Achea CTD since it was only a couple of years in - this is the, up until now, much more successful restart]

[2nd edit : Now this is interesting. The Mission I had when M&D was crashing was 'Improve relations with Egypt'. I tried running the game and it'd work fine until I clicked M&D then CTD. Once that mission expired M&D worked again. It kept working until I got the 'Improve relations with Macedon' mission then guess what - click on M&D and instant CTD. Any ideas on why that type of mission seems to be causing a CTD?]

Attachments

• Rome521_06_01.rar
    858,8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I don´t know if it has been addressed in another thread: some characters get objectives that are no longer available: become plebeian aedile or tribune of the treasury or tribune of the soldiers (for the game it´s not equal to tribunes militium).
You're right, something has to be done about the objectives.

[2nd edit : Now this is interesting. The Mission I had when M&D was crashing was 'Improve relations with Egypt'. I tried running the game and it'd work fine until I clicked M&D then CTD. Once that mission expired M&D worked again. It kept working until I got the 'Improve relations with Macedon' mission then guess what - click on M&D and instant CTD. Any ideas on why that type of mission seems to be causing a CTD?]
Nope. I haven't touched the 'improve relations with x' mission, and the missions added by Hardradi seem okay (I looked them through, just in case). :(

If you were playing as Rome with this CTD it shouldnt be any of the missions I added in Africa Mod.

Could it be this from the "republic_mercantile.txt" mission file:

Code:
improve_relations_with_trade_partner = {
	type = any_country
	duration = 5
	allow = {
		war = no
		THIS = { 
			government = republic 
			biggest_party = mercantile_party
		}
		trading_with = THIS
		NOT = { relation = { who = THIS value = 50 } }
	}
	abort = {
		NOT = { trading_with = THIS }
		THIS = { war = yes }
	}

success = {
		relation = { who = THIS value = 150 }
	}	
	chance = {
		factor = 2
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			religion = THIS
		}
	}

Looks ok to me.

The trade-good changing event doesn't work for Argolis or Ecbatana. Not sure if those are the only two, as I haven't played enough to test all the provinces in the game.:rolleyes:

*Sigh* I suspect my computer may be more at fault then the mod. I've just updated all the drivers I can and if that doesn't work I'm going to buy an external HD, back everything up then do a clean install and see how that goes...

The lengths I go to for a game...

Diploannexation

I'm not sure if it is a bug, a feature or whatelse.
I´ve tried repeatedly to diploannex, first Etruria, later Massilia(rel=200) and Etruria(rel=190) (I really only wish to annex Massilia, to get a foothold in Hispania, but there isn't a way to choose only one vassal, is it?)
No way, I always get a :rofl: for answer.

The trade-good changing event doesn't work for Argolis or Ecbatana. Not sure if those are the only two, as I haven't played enough to test all the provinces in the game.:rolleyes:
I had a look through the code, and it should work! You're playing v 1.1, right?

*Sigh* I suspect my computer may be more at fault then the mod. I've just updated all the drivers I can and if that doesn't work I'm going to buy an external HD, back everything up then do a clean install and see how that goes...

The lengths I go to for a game...
Good luck. :)

I'm not sure if it is a bug, a feature or whatelse.
I´ve tried repeatedly to diploannex, first Etruria, later Massilia(rel=200) and Etruria(rel=190) (I really only wish to annex Massilia, to get a foothold in Hispania, but there isn't a way to choose only one vassal, is it?)
No way, I always get a :rofl: for answer.
I think there's something wrong with the option weights in Cheexsta's event, and I'll see what I can do about it.

Diplo-annex has worked for me - did take 3 attempts to get Massalia. In my earlier spin as Cathage I managed to diplo-annex both my remaining allies in 1 hit.

I thought there were events related to the terrotory diploannexed but nothing ever fired. I could be wrong though.

Oh yeah driver update caused game to blue screen immediately after loading (I tried a couple of times BSOD every time) so its a clean install :mad:...

It was posted before: the objectives are broken. So far I recognized this:

- plebeian aedile
- tribune of the soldiers
- bugbearer
- seneshal (both after I took carthage a few provinces but they aren't ceded)

Also I am a bit confused about the title management:

When I give the title quaestor the man is autmatically a senetor. But to be senetor in the roman republic you must be at least a preator.

Also there's something about the military service...the men have to be in the military for ten years. So far right. But I can give them while they are still in military service the title vigintisexvir but not tribunis militas (dunno how its spelled). So both titles are the beginning of the cursus honorum but IMO the vigintisexvir title is broken and is too early possible.

Edit: hmm dunno why, but the game is crashing in the year 545 avc. Seems like an event causes this ctd because it crashes always at another date.

Last edited:
When investing in land technologies as rome the modifier is negative! which means that it subtracts 100% from the research speed.

Also when checking the income of some ai (a greek nation, don't ask me which one) owned province I saw a modifier "+50% Land technology", which should be negative instead of positive, shouldn't it? The amount should be subtracted from the taxes of the provinces, not added.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It is equivalent to Minerva's omen backfiring: you get a -25% research instead of a +25%. In this case you get -150% investment in research and +50% tax income (instead of the 'normal' -50% tax, +150% research).
One question: when you mention the modifier in the greek province, are you talking of an AI province, not yours? To Descartes: tax modifiers from investment decisions, do affect also the AI? or is that a random event?

ahem guys, in addition to the above I'm having some problems with other impossible objectives, right now I have for two characters: give pinco pallino a job and get pinco pallino released imediately, problem is that Mr.pinco pallino is not existing! It's not the first time it's happening ( am now in 561 AUC ), got any clue?

Thanks

Have you looked at the characters imprisioned in a foreign country? Maybe Hon. Pinco Pallino was captured in a long ago forgotten battle. That's ussually the case with 'objective' characters not showing in the characters screen. You can even get some bloke appointing Pallino to governor of a province or legate of a headless legion. In that case, even if you accept, the post will be kept vacant.

Juan50 discovered that some of the old missions cause crashes in Imperium. This will be fixed in next version, but I've attached a little quick fix for you. Delete the old missions folder and in your Imperium directory and replace it with the one in my attached rar file. This fix should be save game compatible, but make a backup of your save just in case. :)

Attachments

• missions.rar
    11,8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Juan50 discovered that some of the old missions cause crashes. This will be fixed in next version of Imperium, but I've attached a little quick fix for you. Delete the old missions folder and in your Imperium directory and replace it with the one in my attached rar file. This fix should be save game compatible, but make a backup of your save just in case. :)

Well that is interesting - is there a list of which missions somewhere?

Actually since my clean install of windows EUR has been running very well...