• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yikes this has overspilled to here eh.

I asked for a save game for Surya in his thread. No luck so far.

An account called fulic1 was Surya's main advocate. He has stopped posting. Many feel (including myself) that he is Surya.

It seems Surya has abandoned the forum (probablay feels ashamed for trying to trick us into thinking he was the bees knees at EU3).

I motion to stike Suryas records form the Hall of Fame. If he can prove he was not cheating in the AAr we can always reinstate his records. There is no piont having people trying to beat a record when that record was achieved using cheats and may be impossible to beat without cheats.

Who seconds my motion?

Edited for spelling

Yikes this has overspilled to here eh.

I asked for a save game for Surya in his thread. No luck so far.

An account called fulic1 was Surya's main advocate. He has stopped posting. Many feel (including myself) that he is Surya.

It seems Surya has abandoned the forum (probablay feels ashamed for trying to trick us into thinking he was the bees knees at EU3).

I motion to stike Suryas records form the Hall of Fame. If he can prove he was not cheating in the AAr we can always reinstate his records. There is no piont having people trying to beat a record when that record was achieved using cheats and may be impossible to beat without cheats.

Who seconds my motion?

Edited for spelling

How long's he been silent for? Might be on holiday or something?

I'm asking you for actual evidence, given miotas and I did a bunch of testing and we can't reproduce what you're claiming should happen.

I inherited 3-province Hesse as OPM Burbonnais - I know that my word only is not hard evidence and I also believe that you need some luck but it is certainly possible.

I inherited 3-province Hesse as OPM Burbonnais - I know that my word only is not hard evidence and I also believe that you need some luck but it is certainly possible.
It's sounding like province count is not the only factor, because miotas and I went through more than enough kings to inherit were it at all possible in the scenarios we tested. Anyone have ideas on what might allow you to inherit a larger nation?

How long's he been silent for? Might be on holiday or something?

His last post was on the [post=15401005]30/04/13[/post]

There is more compelling evidence he cheated on some of his records in the HoF thread, and if he did so then him cheating here as well is much more likely.

As there seems to be a lot of pointers indicating that Surya cheated I think it would be best for us to 'suspend' his records.

If he is on holiday the records can be reinstated when he returns.

Suspension should be defined as retaining his records in the HOF for a period of two weeks after which if Surya does not prove he did not cheat in the his World Conquest AAR the records will be removed pernmently. If Surya wants he can re submit hi records at any time with adequete screenshots indicationg he has not cheated.

Pewt - you just need bigger army to keep PU. To inherit you just need luck. And i said, that lithuania was very weak, lost kiev, and few other provinces, so inheriting it as bar, that have like at least 5 provinces, is not impossible to inherit it(that lithuania had 10 provinces).
I am not sure inheritance is just a luck. With large SoI, if you have at least one province more (and good relationship) inheritance chance is very high. I did experiments similar to Pewt's in the past and also could never inherit larger country. There might be some other non-obvious factors though?

I am not sure inheritance is just a luck. With large SoI, if you have at least one province more (and good relationship) inheritance chance is very high. I did experiments similar to Pewt's in the past and also could never inherit larger country. There might be some other non-obvious factors though?

well I am very amateur in this matter compared to you or Pewt but maybe economic power does count too? as Burbonnais obviously I was a trading power house and my income was way higher than that of Hesse while I didn't have any diplomatic influence at all. then again even maintaining a SoI requires you to have some economical superiority compared to your spherelings and SoI does affect inheritance. and the game certainly has some (weird) method to measure your economy if not else than at least for those fancy stars every country has when you click on them in the main menu.

To test how truly unlucky I am I typed "die pol" into the console which kills your king, and then I pressed the up arrow and enter a bunch of times to repeat the code quickly. According to my console history I killed 282 kings and didnt inherit Lithuania. If the country is bigger than Lithuania though it happens in only a few tries.

This doesn't mean that smaller country cannot inherit bigger country, it is propably some other reason behind it. Seeing that hainaut can inherit holland, as it did at least once in my games, leads me to conclusion, that there must be some other reason, why you cannot inherit lithuania as poland at start date... thou luxembourg never inherits brandenburg...

EDIT: IE maybe if your ruler dies, tooltip doesn't change immediately, meaning no matter how much times your ruler dies in one day, you may not inherit if tooltip says so. As ussualy if tooltip says you will inherit the country, unless it changes, you will. It is worth checking - if it is up to tooltip, this mean inheritance is not random - instead is dependant on some factors you don't see. Size of your country may or may not be one of those factors.

Last edited:
This doesn't mean that smaller country cannot inherit bigger country, it is propably some other reason behind it. Seeing that hainaut can inherit holland, as it did at least once in my games, leads me to conclusion, that there must be some other reason, why you cannot inherit lithuania as poland at start date... thou luxembourg never inherits brandenburg...

EDIT: IE maybe if your ruler dies, tooltip doesn't change immediately, meaning no matter how much times your ruler dies in one day, you may not inherit if tooltip says so. As ussualy if tooltip says you will inherit the country, unless it changes, you will. It is worth checking - if it is up to tooltip, this mean inheritance is not random - instead is dependant on some factors you don't see. Size of your country may or may not be one of those factors.
I've inherited before using this on times after the first death, so that's definitely not it. In addition, they inherited just fine after annexing stuff without ever changing the date.

The fact that hainaut somehow inherits means there's clearly some way for a smaller country to inherit a larger one (at least if the larger one is still tiny), but on the other hand it almost never happens based on all the other cases we tested. Hmm...

It's sounding like province count is not the only factor, because miotas and I went through more than enough kings to inherit were it at all possible in the scenarios we tested. Anyone have ideas on what might allow you to inherit a larger nation?
total sum of base tax? army+eco size? Im not sure how the latter works but it may be in the same way sois work, where it says 'this nations economy/army is too powerful in relation to ours.' will test it when i get time.

total sum of base tax? army+eco size? Im not sure how the latter works but it may be in the same way sois work, where it says 'this nations economy/army is too powerful in relation to ours.' will test it when i get time.
SoIs require you to have a multiple of their troop count, yearly income, and province count (I believe it's 3x in all cases, but I may recall incorrectly).

I'd like someone to post some actual proof, considering I just killed 20 danish kings in 1399 with +25 diplomatic skill (which should be more than sufficient) and failed to inherit anything, then after annexing a few things (with the console, no date change) inherited immediately on my next king death.

Just tested this too. Poland (8 provinces), Poland+Bohemia (15 provinces), and Poland+Bohemia+Silesia (16 provinces) failed to inherit Lithuania (16 provinces) on a bunch of tries with 20 spheres, but Poland+Bohemia+Silesia+Salzburg (17 provinces) inherited easily.

I'm calling bullshit on this claim that smaller countries can inherit larger ones.

Edit: Hainaut can inherit Holland, it appears. Can't get other such HRE pairings (such as Bavaria inheriting Bohemia) to work while smaller though, or even get another country (Ansbach) to inherit Holland.

As requested here is an example from a random game of mine as Poland.

Before inheritance:
FOLWELT.jpg

After:
AEuEbuo.jpg

In this scenario Lithuania was I believe 1 or 2 provinces larger than me (my 17 to their 18 I believe). The provinces that used to be owned by Lithuania but are no longer mine on the far right are just vassals I released after inheriting so they were still part of Lithuania when inherited.

Another example from a multiplayer game:
Before:
YOYNS9I.jpg

After:
ea2hTva.jpg

Denmark at this time was nine provinces, Bohemia was 9 or 10, and Sweden was much larger (size at game start). They were still inherited. There are many other cases where I have inherited a larger nation, and although I lack the saves for some/time to post more I don't think size is that big a contributor to inheritance chance. In both scenarios I had a large sphere of influence, and I do believe that a large sphere is a major contributor to inheritance chance.

Well if being a smaller country is not the cause, then what is?
Perhaps if you are less than half, or a quarter of the other country's size?
Or maybe it is like trying to sphere a nation, but you can't because they are too powerful economically or militarily.
There's really a lot of things that could be causing the issue, including just bad luck.

Edit: Also, do these factors remove the chance of inheritance, or do they just make it rather low?

apsycobear, SoI increases your diplomacy "skill" and that's a big factor in inheritance. What makes me wonder surya's inheritance of Lithuania is not whether or not it's impossible to inherit a bigger country ( it's not ), but the fact that how in the hell is he supposed to get big enough sphere to do it as an OPM. So saying that 9P Denmark can inherit 10P Bohemia with "huge sphere" has nothing to do with OPM Bar inheriting Lithuania as it's completely different proportions. I'm sure that OPM can inherit country of infinite size as long as it has maxed diplomacy "skill", but how did that OPM get to max diplomacy?

apsycobear, SoI increases your diplomacy "skill" and that's a big factor in inheritance. What makes me wonder surya's inheritance of Lithuania is not whether or not it's impossible to inherit a bigger country ( it's not ), but the fact that how in the hell is he supposed to get big enough sphere to do it as an OPM. So saying that 9P Denmark can inherit 10P Bohemia with "huge sphere" has nothing to do with OPM Bar inheriting Lithuania as it's completely different proportions. I'm sure that OPM can inherit country of infinite size as long as it has maxed diplomacy "skill", but how did that OPM get to max diplomacy?

Oh I'm not defending him, I'm just replying to Pewt's questioning whether or not it was possible to inherit a larger nation as a smaller nation.

psycho, I notice all your examples were multiple inheritances where the first tag alphabetically was smaller than the inheritor, so I can't help but wonder if in both those cases the game inherited the smaller nation then checked the province count against the bigger nation and discovered that it was in fact bigger by that point. Either that or something strange is going on, since neither miotas nor I could get Denmark and Poland to inherit their counterparts in 1399 (when Denmark was smaller than Norway as well, which is important).

Perhaps this is just AI playing by a different set of rules than us, but I have seen Luxemburg inherit Brandenburg.

he is not OPM, he is 5 province country.