• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you can make anything make sense. A government orders 1000 ships, then suddenly says all the wood in the world has disappeared. The timber the ships are made out of becomes worth more then gold. Dismantle the ships. Repeat. Profit.
You don't need to make it that complicated. You buy the contracts when prices are low and then sell them when prices are high. Has been done many times in a real history. Where it breaks in the game is that you can find fools to fall into this trap repeatedly.

I can agree with you about HRE abuse maybe, but the ship one is clearly a bug. It's implemented the way it is because actually remembering the price of each ship when it was bought is extra work and they didn't anticipate it being an issue, just like making a popup block the screen is extra work/annoying and they didn't anticipate it being an issue. Making ships sell for more than their cost is not a result of being creative with the rules the game gives you, it's a case of abusing the specific implementation of those rules in the same vein as the popup bug.
Those two are very similar. In both cases the exploit is in repeatedly using behaviour that makes sense once, but not many times. Ship prices are obviously intended to fluctuate (since there are so many modifiers) and ability to sell your contracts at the current market prices makes perfect sense. Where it falls apart is when it's done repeatedly. Surely, investors wouldn't be falling into the same trap again and again (besides even if they did everybody would run out of capital pretty soon). Similarly in HRE formation, enforcing religious unity would make sense until the member state saw that the emperor flips between religions. At that point you would expect his authority (and reputation) take a hit.

I don't think you can do that? You have to wait for the members to vote, right?

As he said, this is not about exacting them at the exactly same time, it's avoiding the "War to end all Wars" the penultimate decision forces on you, after the members accept that reform you immediately fire the next one, ignoring the event since you can let time run on with the event window open, you can get them to vote on the last reform (and thereby annex them) before accepting the event so you avoid the war.

I was also somewhat suspicious about the legitimacy in his HRE formation record, unless he found a way to do it that doesn't involve exploiting conversion. At the time I dropped it since I figured there was a small but possible chance of it being legitimate and I'd be somewhat of a hypocrite for raising a stink, but combined with other people being suspicious about unrelated things my curiosity is piqued.

I'm also under the impression it is impossible to inherit a larger country regardless of diplomatic skill, but I have never looked much into that and may be wrong.

Last edited:
I'm also under the impression it is impossible to inherit a larger country regardless of diplomatic skill, but I have never looked much into that and may be wrong.

I was also under this impression. In rise and fall of nations, thursday game, vasz took 150 years to inherit sweden and norway cause he was too small. I have never inherited anybody while being smaller than them either.

I have seen smaller countries inherit larger countries. I saw a Pomminaria Screenshot from the Strange Screen shots thread inherit Poland.

Then I remember reading someones ARR Forced Ming as Ryukyu be inherited by abusing the always at war will not insult and raising relations to 200 and then save and reload to kill off king.

This was in Death and Taxes so it may be different, but I've seen AI Meissen inherit Hungary and France.

In vanilla, I've seen Hainaut inherit Holland and Luxemburg inherit Brandenburg. And of course the occasional Denmark inheriting Sweden.

But I can't recall if I've personally inherited a larger nation before.

Btw. Poland inheriting Lithuania is normal and very easy. Because the size difference is not realy big. Althou i think it is better to let lithuania colonize the golden horde, and convert it's provinces for free - while conquering western europe. this may make you overextended, but as long as you westernize before inheriting it, this will have no impact.

Back to the topic : Inheriting lithuania as bar in that game isn't realy a big feat considering they lost kiev - and rest of lithuanian provinces are crap(cept vilna, but even vilna isn't realy that great). Without all the provinces they lost - i doubt they could build more than 15k army - and even that would be very hard with they crappy economy, due the war impact.

That came from 8 years of solid minting and a bunch of OPM's who were sitting on a bunch of money and joined cleves .
Sprites,Delta388 Same Answer and welcome

Last edited:
Neat, but yeah, that was just an aside. The main thing which has been bugging me is why he had 100 legitimacy in the HRE formation screenshot, unless he found a different method to generate giant amounts of authority super-quickly.

Back to the topic : Inheriting lithuania as bar in that game isn't realy a big feat considering they lost kiev - and rest of lithuanian provinces are crap(cept vilna, but even vilna isn't realy that great). Without all the provinces they lost - i doubt they could build more than 15k army - and even that would be very hard with they crappy economy, due the war impact.

It might all be legit...

What I struggle with most, is not that surya managed to inherit Lithuania or any of the other countries, as I've seen Meissen inherit Poland before, but the way that many of the inheritances occurred within 5 years of forcing the unions.

I always felt his Irish unification (with england) was very fishy because of the amount of diplomats required, the screenshot doesn't even work now either.

It might all be legit...

What I struggle with most, is not that surya managed to inherit Lithuania or any of the other countries, as I've seen Meissen inherit Poland before, but the way that many of the inheritances occurred within 5 years of forcing the unions.
would require a great deal of luck for that, however, multiple inheritance at once if you have more then one union always seam to happen at the time you do inherit

I always felt his Irish unification (with england) was very fishy because of the amount of diplomats required, the screenshot doesn't even work now either.

it still works:

eu31k.jpg

I can see the 8 infamy for the conquest, the stability lost from culture flip, and I've no idea how many diplomats would be needed... 4 for war declarations, 4 for peace, plus several more to sell english provinces?

1-2 diplomats for losing england, you just need to dow scotland or get dowed by scotland, lower the maintenance, and let them take over england, then just give them all possible provinces in peace deal. Total of 10 diplomats. Since you get +1 diplomat during war, and from other things... i see it is quite doable. Actualy : you can dow scotland immediately, so that they take over asap.

There are only two ways to get rid of enough English provinces to culture shift. Sell them or lose them in a war. I don't see how he could have the diplomats to sell the provinces and if he lost provinces in a war, why is his prestige so high?

There are only two ways to get rid of enough English provinces to culture shift. Sell them or lose them in a war. I don't see how he could have the diplomats to sell the provinces and if he lost provinces in a war, why is his prestige so high?

Well, that's a good question. Thou selling province have same cost in prestige(each time you sell province, you loss 5 prestige), as losing them in war, so it is practicaly the same.

Other question is, how his legitimacy is at 100? scotland like never attacks you, so you need to attack it, and losing agressive war, means loss of 20 legitimacy.