• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
constitutional monarchy>theocracy>papal states>constitutional restoration
This is a correct answer.

There is another method (which could produce base tax over 1000), but in my view it's illegal (because it uses bug in UI). When Papal State popup (red) shows up, go into government tab and change government from theocracy to absolute monarchy. Black popup box will ask you to confirm the change. Now go to the red Papal State box and accept it (government will change to Papacy). Then accept the black popup changing the government to the absolute monarchy and then proceed to theocracy normally.

There is another method (which could produce base tax over 1000), but in my view it's illegal (because it uses bug in UI). When Papal State popup (red) shows up, go into government tab and change government from theocracy to absolute monarchy. Black popup box will ask you to confirm the change. Now go to the red Papal State box and accept it (government will change to Papacy). Then accept the black popup changing the government to the absolute monarchy and then proceed to theocracy normally.

Question is : how big was your force limit?

I don't see how this is less justifiable than maxing your tech in 3 months. I thought we had already established that the only real restriction is not using any outright cheats, and bugs are fine?

I don't see how this is less justifiable than maxing your tech in 3 months. I thought we had already established that the only real restriction is not using any outright cheats, and bugs are fine?

It's less justifiable because it's arguably not WAD. The way he describe it, you'd use the "delay" between making a decision and confirming it to make a decision that the game usually wouldn't let you take at that point, which I too would consider questionable.

It's less justifiable because it's arguably not WAD. The way he describe it, you'd use the "delay" between making a decision and confirming it to make a decision that the game usually wouldn't let you take at that point, which I too would consider questionable.
Neither is getting infinite money from canceling ships or exploiting conversions to form the HRE in less than a decade. The entire point of this thread is to break the game as much as possible without outright cheating (console/tag switching/save editing/etc), is it not?

Neither is getting infinite money from canceling ships or exploiting conversions to form the HRE in less than a decade. The entire point of this thread is to break the game as much as possible without outright cheating (console/tag switching/save editing/etc), is it not?

Yes, but getting infinite money and form the HRE in 5-10 years is only done using the methods the game was designed to use. Switching to a government type your current government type does not allow is not WAD, I'd consider it cheating, I'm with alexti on this.

Yes, but getting infinite money and form the HRE in 5-10 years is only done using the methods the game was designed to use. Switching to a government type your current government type does not allow is not WAD, I'd consider it cheating, I'm with alexti on this.

So switching from papacy to consitutional monarchy was intended?

I don't think using a loophole from a certain game configuration using meachanics introduced in different extensions is as abusive as waiting to click a pop-up or saving with an active popup to avoid some nasty effects (TSC ...)

In all those cases (infinite money, fast HRE etc) we're using mechanics that are in the game and WAD but achieve surprising results by either pushing them to the limits or combining several mechanics in a new way. The popup exploit is simply using a bug. There are rules concerning government changes that limit what changes can be made and confirmation popup is clearly so that players won't make accidental change due to misclick. The popup is not part of the game rules and mechanics and its ability to bypass government change rules is a defect in the implementation.

Similarly, I don't believe exploiting overflow bugs would be acceptable (for example, tech cost or stability can rollover and become negative - I don't think it would be legal to exploit that since it's clearly a bug and not WAD).

In all those cases (infinite money, fast HRE etc) we're using mechanics that are in the game and WAD but achieve surprising results by either pushing them to the limits or combining several mechanics in a new way. The popup exploit is simply using a bug. There are rules concerning government changes that limit what changes can be made and confirmation popup is clearly so that players won't make accidental change due to misclick. The popup is not part of the game rules and mechanics and its ability to bypass government change rules is a defect in the implementation.

Similarly, I don't believe exploiting overflow bugs would be acceptable (for example, tech cost or stability can rollover and become negative - I don't think it would be legal to exploit that since it's clearly a bug and not WAD).
I can agree with you about HRE abuse maybe, but the ship one is clearly a bug. It's implemented the way it is because actually remembering the price of each ship when it was bought is extra work and they didn't anticipate it being an issue, just like making a popup block the screen is extra work/annoying and they didn't anticipate it being an issue. Making ships sell for more than their cost is not a result of being creative with the rules the game gives you, it's a case of abusing the specific implementation of those rules in the same vein as the popup bug.

Hell, considering a fast HRE formation involves skipping the second-last reform, even that is abusive.

This even makes a real world sense. Nobles don't like the current government because they believe it limits their rights and gives too much power to the ruler, so they demand to restore constitutional monarchy
you can make anything make sense. A government orders 1000 ships, then suddenly says all the wood in the world has disappeared. The timber the ships are made out of becomes worth more then gold. Dismantle the ships. Repeat. Profit.

Hell, considering a fast HRE formation involves skipping the second-last reform, even that is abusive.
and how would you skip the last reform? (to save me browsing through 100 pages :( )

and how would you skip the last reform? (to save me browsing through 100 pages :( )
By not clicking the event popup which makes some nations DoW you and thus delay passing the final reform.

(Note: skip the second-last, not last, reform)

I think it's just doing the last two reforms back-to-back without unpausing.
Yeah, although you have four months before the event auto-accepts so there's no need to stay paused.