• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updated:

Fastest Tech Maxing: October 10, 1498, Holland. The-King
Fastest 100% Army Tradition: 4 September, 1408 France. dragonizer
Highest Yearly Cultural Tradition: 27.70%, Ulm. crafted

There is now a new record that is currently unclaimed "Fastest 100% Naval Tradition". Will you be the first to call the record yours? :cool:

The-King, don't worry you don't need to tell me how you achieved your record. ;)

hm, i forgot that you lose half of the tech progress when you go bankrupt

Oh well.
As long as the amount of loans you can take exceeds the tech cost it still works. Though while this method works in theory, in practice you can only gain 100 per click which means some insane amount of clicking to implement this strategy. Unless there's some way of buying more than 100 research point per click.

As long as the amount of loans you can take exceeds the tech cost it still works. Though while this method works in theory, in practice you can only gain 100 per click which means some insane amount of clicking to implement this strategy. Unless there's some way of buying more than 100 research point per click.

Well actualy, not exactly : you just need to fill more than X - as you lose only half, you can invest/bankrupt until you reach the point when you fill the tech up.

So, who wants to get the record for fastest max teching in ALL the categories?

These records are all based on cheats anyways so who cares.
Like T-Kings record lol do you know how much it costs to research 382 years ahead of time? It's mathematically impossible with his ridiculously low income.
From his screenshot I can also see that his strategy is poorly optimized: he has at least 2 european provinces which means he doesn't know what he is doing, he has a large army, he is constructing buildings, he maxed naval instead of trade (and no it's definitely not cheaper than naval, especially considering the compounding effect from increased TE and monopolies, and in this aspect the hansa is different from holland because of its decisions).
A time like this can only be achieved with extreme luck manipulation of events, which he didn't do.

Really sad

Like T-Kings record lol do you know how much it costs to research 382 years ahead of time? It's mathematically impossible with his ridiculously low income.
From his screenshot I can also see that his strategy is poorly optimized: he has at least 2 european provinces which means he doesn't know what he is doing, he has a large army, he is constructing buildings, he maxed naval instead of trade (and no it's definitely not cheaper than naval, especially considering the compounding effect from increased TE and monopolies, and in this aspect the hansa is different from holland because of its decisions).
A time like this can only be achieved with extreme luck manipulation of events, which he didn't do.

Really sad

I know, it's just so depressing when people claim someone else cheated just because they can't think of how something was done, borderline pathetic really.

I know, it's just so depressing when people claim someone else cheated just because they can't think of how something was done, borderline pathetic really.

How can people be this gullible?

btw, here's my HoF submission, fastest conquest of Europe as Ireland - 12/5/1450

zwNZWS9h.jpg

Yes, sure and it's a coincidence that he doesn't want to provide information of how he did it, he doesn't want to give any kind of proof and the only screenshot he posts doesn't show anything.
I played Holland for like 1,000 hours so I think I know some mechanics and I can guarantee that it's mathematically impossible to do that in 1498, especially looking at his screenshot.
To prove me wrong just describe how he did it...but of course that won't happen, because he has something to hide.

+1

Really sad
I know how King set that record and he didn't cheat, although his strategy was very gamey (like most records). He also had an original thought, which is refreshing compared to most of these records.

The reason he doesn't want to tell people how to do it is the same reason I didn't want to tell anyone how to do my records; the point of this thread for me was to solve problems creatively, not reload 1000 times until you manage a record 1 month faster. Soon after I revealed how I set my records, people cloned slightly faster versions by investing way more time into them than I was willing to do and not by actually doing anything interesting.

But I didn't cheat :D I'm willing to tell comagoosie how I did it. I don't want to post it on the forums because someone will just try to beat my record using my own method.

I know how King set that record and he didn't cheat, although his strategy was very gamey (like most records). He also had an original thought, which is refreshing compared to most of these records.

The reason he doesn't want to tell people how to do it is the same reason I didn't want to tell anyone how to do my records; the point of this thread for me was to solve problems creatively, not reload 1000 times until you manage a record 1 month faster. Soon after I revealed how I set my records, people cloned slightly faster versions by investing way more time into them than I was willing to do and not by actually doing anything interesting.

I appreciate the creativity in these records, but if this one involves things like hundreds of purposely bankruptcies, I don't think it should be competing in the same cathegory with the people who play the game as it's supposed to be played.

I appreciate the creativity in these records, but if this one involves things like hundreds of purposely bankruptcies, I don't think it should be competing in the same cathegory with the people who play the game as it's supposed to be played.
If you want people "playing the game the way it's supposed to be played", don't come to this thread.

btw, here's my HoF submission, fastest conquest of Europe as Ireland - 12/5/1450

zwNZWS9h.jpg

Open minded doesn't mean gullible. Knowing King he probably did something way out there, no doubt gamey beyond belief, to achieve that record. If, however, you consider something gamey to be the equivalent of cheating, then there is no reason for you to be in this thread to begin with, is there?