• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems like i made a perfect hit, into what actualy happened XD. Still i wonder if you could manage to make the country strong enough that ottoman AI can keep it under controll.
Good guess :) It might be the only realistic option - there is not enough diplomats to do it that quickly as non-horde. Unless someone can come up with a method to generate a lot of extra diplomats.

To make the country stable enough for AI it certainly would be necessary to wait out truce period and wait for 30 or so years until nationalism is gone. After that AI might be able to keep things under control.

Me neither :) But now we need to find a volunteer willing to try to make it before 1450
I'm pretty sure there is no way you could possibly do it before 1450, due to travel time, recruit time, rebels, whatever.

I'm pretty sure there is no way you could possibly do it before 1450, due to travel time, recruit time, rebels, whatever.
I am not so sure. It's going to be hard, but not impossible. I was initially planning on ~1480 finishing date, so I haven't pushed east and into Scandinavia as fast as I could. Another obstacle is reaching Gov 10. I did it in 1453, but it should be possible to make it quicker if taking provinces more selectively (to avoid poor ones). You need around 2 years to conquer Americas (because of diplomat shortage), so Gov 10 will have to be reached before 1448. That's 7 years ahead of time which is going to make it quite expensive. However, I didn't move towards innovative or free subjects - that could help with tech. Generally I didn't bother optimizing economy (since avoiding poor provinces and having to send somebody to take them over again and again is a pain), so one should have faster research than I did without much problem. Whether it's going to be enough to make it before 1448 is unclear.

Now, about pushing east fast. Since you know you need to do it you can prioritize it so that you can immediately walk large army to the province you want to acquire first and assault it. Thus let's say it takes 4 years to acquire it (in practice, in almost all cases it will be quicker, more like 3.5 years). Let's say you've converted into a horde and DoW Timurids in 1412. In 1413 you can peace out and take couple of provinces with adjacency to Rajputana. In 1417 you attack Dehli, in 1421 - Nepal, in 1425 - Tibet, in 1429 - Ming, in 1433 - Manchu, in 1437 - Korea, in 1441 - Minamoto, in 1445 - Japan and Taira. This means you'll get Japan dissolved in 1448. This is right on the limit, but here I've allowed 4 years for cycle, so some time can be saved here. There's also a chance that some fortunate annexations/PUs/vassals will allow you to skip a step somewhere. It's not the only plan though - instead you could just DoW other hordes and take isolated provinces with required adjacencies. It would create problems with moving troops, but shortcutting to reach Tibet quickly will probably work (since you won't need big armies to control it). Alternative solution is to DoW someone (like Rajputana) and take a province from them while you are still not a horde - for example you could do it during the early war with Timurids to get enough armies there.

So I don't see any fundamental obstacles here. However it will require careful management and preparations for each consequent war.

I am not so sure. It's going to be hard, but not impossible. I was initially planning on ~1480 finishing date, so I haven't pushed east and into Scandinavia as fast as I could. Another obstacle is reaching Gov 10. I did it in 1453, but it should be possible to make it quicker if taking provinces more selectively (to avoid poor ones). You need around 2 years to conquer Americas (because of diplomat shortage), so Gov 10 will have to be reached before 1448. That's 7 years ahead of time which is going to make it quite expensive. However, I didn't move towards innovative or free subjects - that could help with tech. Generally I didn't bother optimizing economy (since avoiding poor provinces and having to send somebody to take them over again and again is a pain), so one should have faster research than I did without much problem. Whether it's going to be enough to make it before 1448 is unclear.

Now, about pushing east fast. Since you know you need to do it you can prioritize it so that you can immediately walk large army to the province you want to acquire first and assault it. Thus let's say it takes 4 years to acquire it (in practice, in almost all cases it will be quicker, more like 3.5 years). Let's say you've converted into a horde and DoW Timurids in 1412. In 1413 you can peace out and take couple of provinces with adjacency to Rajputana. In 1417 you attack Dehli, in 1421 - Nepal, in 1425 - Tibet, in 1429 - Ming, in 1433 - Manchu, in 1437 - Korea, in 1441 - Minamoto, in 1445 - Japan and Taira. This means you'll get Japan dissolved in 1448. This is right on the limit, but here I've allowed 4 years for cycle, so some time can be saved here. There's also a chance that some fortunate annexations/PUs/vassals will allow you to skip a step somewhere. It's not the only plan though - instead you could just DoW other hordes and take isolated provinces with required adjacencies. It would create problems with moving troops, but shortcutting to reach Tibet quickly will probably work (since you won't need big armies to control it). Alternative solution is to DoW someone (like Rajputana) and take a province from them while you are still not a horde - for example you could do it during the early war with Timurids to get enough armies there.

So I don't see any fundamental obstacles here. However it will require careful management and preparations for each consequent war.

Hordes can't build ships or DOW overseas nations, right? So when do you convert back?

Hordes can't build ships or DOW overseas nations, right? So when do you convert back?
There is nothing that prevents hordes from building ships, you just need to be in east asian tech group or better. Hordes can only DoW other hordes. But you get a free (as in costing no diplomats) war with the neighbors. I think the optimal time to convert back is at the very end - when only americas are remaining. It didn't work that way in my case, because I have ended up with Fujiwara and Bali left (the latter was due to the lack of foresight) and it became quicker to get them via regular war (instead of waiting 3 years for defection).

Good guess :) It might be the only realistic option - there is not enough diplomats to do it that quickly as non-horde. Unless someone can come up with a method to generate a lot of extra diplomats.

To make the country stable enough for AI it certainly would be necessary to wait out truce period and wait for 30 or so years until nationalism is gone. After that AI might be able to keep things under control.

Well i wonder how fast you could convert whole world to muslim XD.

The fact that I'm not extremely gullible and that "Just some government and religion hopping and very aggressive expansion" is as vague as one could get.

Well, he elaborated by saying he switched to a horde, which allows you to capture provinces after a few years of occupation without diplomats, infamy, or truces.

Fastest restoration of Byzantium empire - 1 August 1404
Byzantium-14040801-small.jpeg
Not sure if it qualifies, but it's very similar to other unifications, so why not? Besides, it's funny, which should be apparent on the closer look at the screenshot :)

Well i wonder how fast you could convert whole world to muslim XD.
It would probably be quicker to convert to catholic or orthodox, but in any case, the plan would be the same - send missionaries into strategically selected provinces of desired religion. Wait for inevitable revolt and then herd rebels in the right direction. There's a couple of years cool-down period, but you can have many traveling zealots at the same time. When you created enough of them you convert to the desired religion and send missionaries to convert islands and americas. Along the way you can take all decisions that give missionary bonus. I wouldn't expect this to take very long, but it seems pretty boring. Converting to muslim simply adds an extra religion swap. On a positive side, muslim provinces are more centrally located, so there will be less need for zealots to travel.

Timurids have few shiite provinces, so I've protected religious rebels from Timurids and let them bring a new and advanced form of government into my capital :) After they take a capital after a year they establish their government and since they come from Timurid lands, it's a horde.

What is the shortest way to move rebels from original location to Edirne?
How do you made this job?

The fact that I'm not extremely gullible and that "Just some government and religion hopping and very aggressive expansion" is as vague as one could get.

Considering he's broken a lot of other records and it's as the ottomans, I don't see why you would think he cheated. Of course he was vague, giving out the secret just makes it easier to beat. And no, it's not that you're not extremely gullible, it's that you don't want to believe this is possible.

Considering he's broken a lot of other records and it's as the ottomans, I don't see why you would think he cheated. Of course he was vague, giving out the secret just makes it easier to beat. And no, it's not that you're not extremely gullible, it's that you don't want to believe this is possible.

Like forming russia in 1402. It is extremely unlikely, but one player did it. It tried it many times, and i say, that it might be possible, but it would be uber hard to beat the record. IMO it would propably need lucky core on smolensk, quick annexation of ryazan without CB, vassalizing tver without CB and having conquer yaroslavl as first mission. And very quickly defeating novgorod.

Like forming russia in 1402. It is extremely unlikely, but one player did it. It tried it many times, and i say, that it might be possible, but it would be uber hard to beat the record. IMO it would propably need lucky core on smolensk, quick annexation of ryazan without CB, vassalizing tver without CB and having conquer yaroslavl as first mission. And very quickly defeating novgorod.

I wonder how he can annex/core Novgorad with just one war....I thought only the vassalize mission gives you cores?