• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fastest world "unification" - 2 June 1467 (Ottomans)
OttomansWC-14670602-small.jpg

Discussions about pre-1500 WC kept coming up and I've finally finished promising game I've started a while ago (and twice abandoned due to tediousness). With enough patience and micromanagement it should be doable in about 10 years quicker. I've certainly wasted 3-4 years due to carelessness and few more years due to the lack of foresight. The result actually surprised me. I thought that the fastest possible WC would be around 1480-1490. With what I have learned I am thinking that pre-1450 could be possible. Japan is the key. It took a lot of time to annex it and that has slowed me down. In retrospect I should have started the process earlier.

How long until your nation falls apart though? Quite a few rebels you got there! Well done though.
Rebels were actually under control - I just stopped hunting them 3 years ago and fast-forwarded to the end (had a shortage of diplomats). It was just the end when I went over infamy limit and broke a truce. Until then it was a perfectly functional empire :)

Rebels were actually under control - I just stopped hunting them 3 years ago and fast-forwarded to the end (had a shortage of diplomats). It was just the end when I went over infamy limit and broke a truce. Until then it was a perfectly functional empire :)

How did you stay under the limit and conquer everything in 68 years?

I think it would be fun to load that save and wait 10 years and see which countries pop up.
10 years later:
10years-later.jpeg
I've released an OPM and let AI play Ottomans for the next 10 years. They are falling apart, but regrettably nothing spectacular came out of it. Smolensk is quite big and Switzerland somehow got a piece of land in the northern Germany.

How do you accomplish the Steppe Horde conversion out of interest? I'm guessing it has something to do with letting rebels take over.
Timurids have few shiite provinces, so I've protected religious rebels from Timurids and let them bring a new and advanced form of government into my capital :) After they take a capital after a year they establish their government and since they come from Timurid lands, it's a horde.

10 years later:
View attachment 69947
I've released an OPM and let AI play Ottomans for the next 10 years. They are falling apart, but regrettably nothing spectacular came out of it. Smolensk is quite big and Switzerland somehow got a piece of land in the northern Germany.

Is that Papal Prussia? :D

Timurids have few shiite provinces, so I've protected religious rebels from Timurids and let them bring a new and advanced form of government into my capital :) After they take a capital after a year they establish their government and since they come from Timurid lands, it's a horde.

Seems like i made a perfect hit, into what actualy happened XD. Still i wonder if you could manage to make the country strong enough that ottoman AI can keep it under controll.