• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there some way to make your ruler die at will? Or you can somehow manage to do it on your first ruler?

If I knew how to make my ruler die at my say-so, my GB unification would be faster.

Not as riddiculous as forming russia in 1402

No question about that. That's something that requires perfect luck and near perfect play.

Fastest Spanish Unification: May 28, 1403.

Haha, Savory.

Anyway, Fastest German Unification: March 25, 1439

I apologize for the Savory Savoy mistake. When food is on one's mind everything is distorted :blush:

Updated:
Fastest Sardinia-Piedmont Formation: April 4, 1403 as Savoy. Y2Jonathan
Fastest German Unification: March 25, 1439 with Austria. Y2Jonathan

Y2Jonathan, has overtaken alexti in number of unification records. The only question is how long until we have a new champion. Shall a dark horse enter the arena or will a sleeping bear awake to dominate the field once more? Find out next week :cool:

There is still a lot of room for improvement in German unification. It's certainly doable before 1420 with some luck (or reloading). As Austria you need for the emperor and your ruler to die in the right order and at the reasonable time :) Playing as Bohemia requires less luck, but it's probably harder.

Well you rather mean HRE formation... or i miss something?
No I meant German unification. For HRE unification Bohemia is also an optimal choice, but HRE record is close to optimal, I think. The limiting factor there is number of diplomats. Your only hope is to get lucky alliances (so you can drag maximal number of enemies into a war at the cost of a single diplomat), lucky annexation (when someone annexes someone, so that you can get both religious unity and nation release bonus at a cost of a single diplomat) and that random event that gives you extra diplomats.

There is still a lot of room for improvement in German unification. It's certainly doable before 1420 with some luck (or reloading). As Austria you need for the emperor and your ruler to die in the right order and at the reasonable time :) Playing as Bohemia requires less luck, but it's probably harder.

I fail to see how the emperor dying influences your ability to form Germany, or why Bohemia could do it better than Austria (other than the stronger early game military, which its economy can't even really support).

If you mint 100%, you can pretty easily. If all you're doing is trying to form Germany ASAP really all that matters is how quickly you can PU everyone, and then getting your SoE up and killing your king early.