• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Huh... i could do it another try, i think i could do it faster now, aspecialy if i would now got annex ryazan mission... Anyway i just say you - annexing ryazan is NOT needed to form russia. I could form russia without it, by taking more novgorod land in first peace deal. Defeating its army is quite easy, as defeating any non horde army. Also i think you just exaggerate a bit. If i would do it with every country i fought i would understand your point, but using such thing one time?

Also i mostly wanted to show that it is possible to form Russia that fast. Now i am not realy interested in doing it again. I think that if you want, realy just do it yourself - and do it by for example in 1410. If you think thats illegitimate - its your law to think so, but i am proud of that i did it so fast and that i managed to did it.

EDIT: Also, if i wanted i could not say that, and then what would you do???

For some reason, in my games with colonists set to 400, provinces were switching hands after only one colonist from hordes.

Actualy i play on normal colonist, so taking any province from the horde is hell. But if you fully destroy them, it is just matter of time. Now the GH is OPM in my game, and they are in bessarabia which is poland core. Not like they will live long i think. Managed to just defeat them with 50k men army. And they got no wars at the moment. The wars started after i dow-ed them. Now it is around 1490 and i am colonizing siberia, and kazakh... bordering timurids, that are torn apart by constant rebelions and wars. I proudly say that i got a hand in this, fighting them since 1450. Ottomans are still to foolish to conquer byzantines, and just eat timmies. I consider allying byzantines and dowing ottos just to loose the war to them, so they can eat byzantium... damn idiots, make me unable to establish russian patriarchate...

So I found went to the game thread for the "Longest War" record. Save download links weren't working. So I found the stats page for the game. Downloaded the final save. Went to open the War of Tverian Revolution... stats generator crashed. Probably because it's dealing with a save from In Nomine... There was a whole bunch of stuff now working right in the stats generator while I was looking at that save.
If you can direct me to the savegame I can take a look.

Cheating , as mentioned
Also i think there should be some game settings restrictions to be able to participate in the hall of fame
At this point, I believe it's an unspoken rule that the game settings should be under the normal settings, unless the record was achieved with harder settings. My biggest concern is people setting the AI to very easy, colonists to 400, zero inflation (though it would probably help out the AI more), and such.

The only two changes to the hall of fame since last update:
Fastest Spanish Unification: July 23, 1423 as Castille. Uhkarr
Fastest Russian Unification: November 19, 1431 as Muscovy. pevergreen

It's been awhile since the last update, so let me know if I've missed something.

Also I would like to thank Iwanow for his honesty. Thank you for admitting that you did something that influenced the game but didn't seem to directly influence the record. However, I will have to agree with others here that the record shouldn't be accepted. While you give good reasoning why your actions didn't affect the time to form Russia, we simply do not know what would have happened if you did not "cheat". I find the situation akin to the Butterfly effect. For all we know, if you hadn't of touched the Golden Horde you may have formed Russia earlier! Or on the other side of the spectrum, it could have had unseen repercussions that allowed for an earlier formation.

If you can repeat the same feat without switching to play Golden Horde, then I will be more than happy to put your name in the Hall of Fame.

Huh, no, i let someone else take the record, if he want. But i am ok with you. Anyway i think you could form russia by 1410, if you brake some truces, and be at low stab cost. Normaly it should be at 1415-1420 if you do it without braking truces.

Fastest Netherlands Unification:

5 July, 1404

quick_netherlands.jpg

(Got cores from claims on our rivals event in 1402)

You missed this :p

This time i did not reloaded as GH... Got some free time, and this time, as byzantines are annexed i got russian patriarchate decision... lucky!

eu38v.jpg

eu39.jpg

Thou, i did not beaten by record... just 4 days... ;( But as that was cheated, this time it is 100% legit... anyway i got very lucky with lithuania, been left by her allies, and i could DOW them two times, as i got 2 conquest missions against them. Annexed tver, to have enough provinces to get subjugate novgorod mission. Still i did not got it before i took orel... still i consider that i am beeing in much better situation possibly, as there is no more lithuania, and i got almost no inflation.

Huh, i think doing it faster is not quite easy, as you need some time for military actions. But on the other hand, you need only 3 missions to form russia - annex yaroslavl, subjugate novgorod+annex novgorod (+2 stab - yeah), and save our bretheren in smolensk/conquer smolensk. But to get subjugate novgorod you need certain number of provinces, so annexing ryazan and tver, is highly helpfull. Don't care about stability, as you should quickly regain it. Problem may be if your king dies, before you form russia... because you will need to waaiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttt................................. a long time and you won't form russia when you need it. If your king will die instantly, after you form russia, it is also bad, as you will not be able to retake all the provinces you have cores on.

You say? Huh, i don't think it is quite possible without using some realy big exploits, but anyway, i just play, how i could call - normaly. This mean i just bring army, and destroy the enemy. But now i think i know how you did it. I thought about it, and CB you get from mission (for example if you get conquer ryazan atb), don't dissapear during the war. So, you can dow ryazan, dissolve mission, get mission to annex yaroslavl, annex it asap, annex tver, mint a lot, use lot of mercenaries, and get at least 2 provinces from lithuania or 1 from horde and 1 from lithuania. Then you need to have a mission that when it ends, it gives you enough provinces to get subjugate novgorod, and make it. Or you could simply dow novgorod atb, use lot of soliders to kill them, get few of their provinces, best as much as possible, around their capital, so in next war they will need you to take their capital, then vassalize them giving you cores... biggest problem is getting smolensk fast, as it need you to kick lithuania...

Anyway lesser wars, faster russian formation... also, you can greatly expoit that missions, as they still appear if you are russia, meaning you can vassalize tver - devassalize tver - few times, and increase it tax and manpower greatly... Hummm... Hummm... Hummm... i got new way of getting biggest base tax in province... XD

Yeah... tver - base tax 40, base manpower 4000... huh it would be nice ;)

You say? Huh, i don't think it is quite possible without using some realy big exploits, but anyway, i just play, how i could call - normaly.

I'd say it's possible, but takes some luck/reloading and breaking truces. If your king dies-done, if Smolensk doesn't break free and Poland peaces out with GH-big trouble. If you don't get the Smolensk mission before it breaks free-probably done for. Nov getting the wrong allies could also be a big problem since you most likely have to beat them down 3 times (twice with breaking truce stab hits) to get the core+annex (else twice but they have to lose provinces to someone else). Not to mention the whole counting on a generic mission hitting the right province aspect of it for the core on Smolensk (or Chernigov but yeah, that is so far from likely to happen that early as to be laughable).

The special Russian missions all set flags when completed to keep them from reappearing should a nation break free so you can't abuse them.

I'd say it's possible, but takes some luck/reloading and breaking truces. If your king dies-done, if Smolensk doesn't break free and Poland peaces out with GH-big trouble. If you don't get the Smolensk mission before it breaks free-probably done for. Nov getting the wrong allies could also be a big problem since you most likely have to beat them down 3 times (twice with breaking truce stab hits) to get the core+annex (else twice but they have to lose provinces to someone else). Not to mention the whole counting on a generic mission hitting the right province aspect of it for the core on Smolensk (or Chernigov but yeah, that is so far from likely to happen that early as to be laughable).

Yeah, but it is still hard on the military side... i mean, you need some time to get their forts down.

The special Russian missions all set flags when completed to keep them from reappearing should a nation break free so you can't abuse them.

Huh, you spoil the fun... also if i am right, if a nation is annexed all flags are cleared, so : vassalize tver. DOW novgorod, play as novgorod, annex then, free muscowy - and do it again.

Seems like I accidentally broke the record for fastest spain while training my beginning moves for a MP-Game, I actually had the cores 4 years earlier, but somehow portugal got the Idea that it was wise to attack me and suddenly western Europe ganged on me and I had to beat them all down a bit. Sadly again just a picture of granadan Cores.
View attachment 46541