• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I didn't get the free brethren mission before Smolensk broke free. Probably because I spent 12 years with a regency council between the first (Ryazan + Novgorod) and subsequent beat downs of Nov. :( Just put it out there since I haven't seen anyone else post a Russia game yet...

Russia Formed, 7th April 1414. I think it could be faster, but anyway it is fast anyway, so i don't think anyone will brake this record. Also, not seen in the picture, i got kazan from GH... XD

russiaformation.jpg

russiaa.jpg

If you think i cheated - not, but i reloaded as GH, so they don't eat ryazan. I could form russia without it, but it could be much harder. Also, as you see i got low stab and due to breaking truces, and high infamy, as i got 24 infamy for annexing novgorod... used reconquest cb... still i got +2 stab from annex novgorod mission, so i got pretty won here. Now only need to destroy TO and Lithuania. And then - here i come my pretty tarars...

"Be prepared!"

Cheating is using cheats. Also there is no rule about no cheating in this hall of fame anyway. Also this is called cheesing what i did. Also ur just jelly i think.
Please what? I bet i can form russia in around 2 days since cheating is allowed: "Inherit NOV, Inherit RYA, Inherit TVE, Cancel Mission, save and reload until "protect brethren in smolensk", tag LIT, sell smolensk to MUS, TAG MUS, accept province, form russia.

Honestly, what you did is the same as using TAG GOL, which is an obvious cheat. Just try to do it again and wait for good missions (Ryazan-->Tver--->Novgorod-->smolensk) and you can do it equally fast.

Personally I don't think it's all that big a deal that Iwanow did what he did, since he could also have just restarted until "Annex Ryazan" was his first mission to the same effect. On the other hand it's a bad precedent to set to allow tag swapping.

Then why didn't he just wait for that mission. I realise some achievements take skill but others take both skill and time. If that's the case then you shouldn't be able to tag switch in order to save yourself some time. I could just wait every month until I get a specific event I wanted. That doesn't mean I'm allowed to just cause the event to fire through the console.

Then why didn't he just wait for that mission. I realise some achievements take skill but others take both skill and time. If that's the case then you shouldn't be able to tag switch in order to save yourself some time. I could just wait every month until I get a specific event I wanted. That doesn't mean I'm allowed to just cause the event to fire through the console.
True enough, hence why I said it would set a bad precedent. However, in the specific case of this mission, you get "Annex Ryazan" often enough that it's not the equivalent of hundreds of restarts to get the event you want; I'd say if it takes more than 5 tries you're extremely unlucky.

Personally I don't think it's all that big a deal that Iwanow did what he did, since he could also have just restarted until "Annex Ryazan" was his first mission to the same effect. On the other hand it's a bad precedent to set to allow tag swapping.

I agree, it's not that big of a concern. Similarly, he could have not done that but set colonists to 400, allowing him to instantly grab any Golden Horde land.

Even though they still need 1000.

Game settings are something you can't check up on without posting saves, but swapping to another nation and peacing out someone you want to hit isn't ok. He might as well just done that with everyone. I managed to annex yaro, then jump in and grab ryazan before the GH, why can't he?

I don't get it. Doesn't Ryazan start at peace with the GH? Why would the GH ever be a problem in a Russia rush? (unless Lithuania loses really badly so Smolensk ends up bordering the Horde and you probably have to take a stab hit to enforce your union fast enough, but even then you should be ready to take on the Horde by that point)

I don't get it. Doesn't Ryazan start at peace with the GH? Why would the GH ever be a problem in a Russia rush? (unless Lithuania loses really badly so Smolensk ends up bordering the Horde and you probably have to take a stab hit to enforce your union fast enough, but even then you should be ready to take on the Horde by that point)

GH's peace with Ryazan lasts till 1402, then their tribute ends.

Cheating , as mentioned
Also i think there should be some game settings restrictions to be able to participate in the hall of fame