• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kiev was, and still is one of the biggest and richest countries in the region, and at the beggining of the timeframe it was comparably richer than it is now, (now it number of people varies from 2 to 3 milion men (about 2,7 milion actualy), which comapared to warsaw (1,7 milion) is not realy impressive - but still it is bigger. In compare to those times, when the city of kiev was one of the richest in europe and a big trade station, it is shadow of it's former glory.

Donezk > Kiew

Shaktar >>> Dynamo

:p

Edit:

@Pewt: Renovato Imperii in 10 years is....what the...how did you do this???

I don't really want to explain how I did it (that takes half the fun out of people trying to beat it!). That said, I'd be happy to PM my strategy to the OP to prove I didn't cheat or anything, since I even surprised myself with how effective my strategy was.

The one hint I will give is that there's very little luck; you should be able to pull this off 9 or even 10 games out of 10, so it doesn't involve restarting over and over for advisors or a good ruler-general or AI alliances or AI missions or anything. In fact, my own advisor draw was pretty awful (a level 6 artist and that's it, and I forgot to get advisors on Oct 14 1400) and the AI behaved pretty much exactly as normal.

I thought the quickest way was to release states as Burgundy and PU/Inherit France (you get to the HRE in the 30's with a bit of luck). How did you guys do it?
That is not even remotely as fast as this.

In addition, you can become the emperor before 1405 pretty consistently by killing someone for prestige (the best way is PUing Bavaria as Austria, since it doesn't give infamy) and then PUing bohemia (and spending every diplomat during both wars bribing electors), but you won't have enough time to beat this record if you play anyone other than Bohemia.

--

I loaded up the same save a few years in and made some optimizations to the second half of the game. Here's the result:

UnAdO.jpg

Last edited:
I'think that forming Germany quickly is just a matter of PU'ing every monarchy right at the beginning and then just cancelling missions until you get missions for the Bishophoric Provinces... I believe I will try it as soon as I have a bit time.

I don't really want to explain how I did it (that takes half the fun out of people trying to beat it!). That said, I'd be happy to PM my strategy to the OP to prove I didn't cheat or anything, since I even surprised myself with how effective my strategy was.

[...]
No need to PM for proof, you've provided enough as needed. Though I was half tempted to make you PM me so I could see the strategy :D

The new record:
Fastest Holy Roman Empire Unification: May 8, 1407 with Bohemia. Pewt

GB by 1417

2012-01-06_00041.jpg

Here's why:
2012-01-06_00018.jpg

I Duncan the third, with my divine authority, orders you NOT to stop anyone from entering or leaving the city. So what if they're the English scums? Don't you remember who sponsored us in the first place?

Not sure if this counts, but my most captured ships in a single naval battle: 29
2011-12-20_00003.jpg

And a terrific battle:
2011-12-26_00028.jpg

(Note how I lost with a 6-6-6 general with full moral, and that I lose 550 artillery units with my infantry and cavalry unscathed)

Based off of ofi123 screenshots, I have added the following records:
Fastest Great Britain Unification: November 22, 1417 with England. ofi123
Most Ships Captured: 20 ships. ofi123

Unless someone seconds your land battle record, I feel uneasy about adding it. I, personally, don't find it too remarkable. You were outnumbered and you lost a few men. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but else many people will post battles and soon it would crowd the hall of fame.

I think it is not valid for any record, cause least loses in battle it is not (example if one army got 1k and other got 20k it end in anihilation with only 1k loses, and here we got more than 1k loses). Also reatreat means loss of battle no matter you would win or not.
But it could be valid for a record of least loses by percentage of total armies.

comagoosie, look at that he got 20K+ french army, and 60k+ brandenburg army. I think it is quite decent in 1551. At least if i see it right. So i would agree it can be valid for some kind of record (while i also think that it could be beaten easily), and i think you could make it into records.

Don't worry about the land record, it's just for amusement. (I still don't get how I lost only artillery units) And I did not retreat (who would have retreated a possible winning battle btw) and let's just leave it at there.

A few questions:
1) For the most ship captured does it count only certain types of ships?
2) The "Most losses #combined#" under land I take it as "Most losses in a single battle"?
3) Can there be a "Most WE gained from a single battle"?

I think it is not valid for any record, cause least loses in battle it is not (example if one army got 1k and other got 20k it end in anihilation with only 1k loses, and here we got more than 1k loses). Also reatreat means loss of battle no matter you would win or not.
But it could be valid for a record of least loses by percentage of total armies.

comagoosie, look at that he got 20K+ french army, and 60k+ brandenburg army. I think it is quite decent in 1551. At least if i see it right. So i would agree it can be valid for some kind of record (while i also think that it could be beaten easily), and i think you could make it into records.
I'm slightly confused. Are you suggesting that the battle records should be organized differently? If so, I'm open to suggestions. If you think that the posted battle screenshot should be in the hall of fame, I will gladly put it up.

Don't worry about the land record, it's just for amusement. (I still don't get how I lost only artillery units) And I did not retreat (who would have retreated a possible winning battle btw) and let's just leave it at there.

A few questions:
1) For the most ship captured does it count only certain types of ships?
2) The "Most losses #combined#" under land I take it as "Most losses in a single battle"?
3) Can there be a "Most WE gained from a single battle"?
1. I apologize. I cannot count. Record fixed :eek:o
2. Most losses combined (I'm not sure why there are pound signs) is for a single battle. The "Most Losses" under wars is the most losses in a single war. Fixed wording in original post.
3. Sure...unless there is a cap which would make it a common occurrence

I'm slightly confused. Are you suggesting that the battle records should be organized differently? If so, I'm open to suggestions. If you think that the posted battle screenshot should be in the hall of fame, I will gladly put it up.

HUH, battle with least lost units percentage (but higher than 0) is quite hard to findout. I mean find a battle with 100k vs 100k with 50 casulties...

From what i see brandenburg/mecklenburg, got like 50k infantry there or am i wrong(screen got low quality)? Whatever it seem a big battle for me.

EDIT: It may be 30k...

Well, I understand comagoosie's point. People can just retreat intentionally, or have their army retreat without losing anyone because their army arrived at the same day their ally retreated. But for the latter, the loss is always 0, and for the former I'm not sure how the retreat system works. (Sometimes I cant retreat to prevent annihilation)

For WE gained in a battle, the most I saw was a 18+ WE, not sure if that's rare or common.

Well, I understand comagoosie's point. People can just retreat intentionally, or have their army retreat without losing anyone because their army arrived at the same day their ally retreated. But for the latter, the loss is always 0, and for the former I'm not sure how the retreat system works. (Sometimes I cant retreat to prevent annihilation)

For WE gained in a battle, the most I saw was a 18+ WE, not sure if that's rare or common.
You can only retreat after 4 (if I recall correctly) rounds of combat (2 fire phases & 2 shock phases).