• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, I'm at 1696 in my current game and I only get 5.5/year. I only own 50-60 provinces, but I still might not get all the buildings done before 1820. And this is with Japan and it's The Way of Tea bonus.

It does drive up tech cost, and I was substantially behind all European nations till around 1700s till I just shot ahead. England to France is so OP that u can pretty much fight almost all of Europe and PU anyone u want by 1450 to 1500, even if behind in tech (I just researched land and gov mostly in the early game). Trade income from the level 5 building is essentially +1% production efficiency and +1% trade efficiency minus the compete chance you get and then level 6 gives u another 1% trade efficiency. Full merc most of the game, because of the high infamy during most of the game so I was just competing in my own COTs. The hard part is not merchants but rather magistrates to spam more buildings.

I don't know whether it is a record category, but you might have had the highest population growth also...

It does drive up tech cost, and I was substantially behind all European nations till around 1700s till I just shot ahead. England to France is so OP that u can pretty much fight almost all of Europe and PU anyone u want by 1450 to 1500, even if behind in tech (I just researched land and gov mostly in the early game). Trade income from the level 5 building is essentially +1% production efficiency and +1% trade efficiency minus the compete chance you get and then level 6 gives u another 1% trade efficiency. Full merc most of the game, because of the high infamy during most of the game so I was just competing in my own COTs. The hard part is not merchants but rather magistrates to spam more buildings.

How many magistrates/yr were you up to? Did you end up getting all level 6 buildings? Just a massive SoI, or did you have a good way to farm magistrates.

Jeeps, I believe I updated all the records that applied, but I must ask how did you keep your infamy so low?

EDIT: Even in the 1778 screenshot your infamy was 5, but there seems to still be many countries in existance.

I don't know whether it is a record category, but you might have had the highest population growth also...

Well population growth like that is just tied into how big your COT is. The Lubeck record for largest COT that i set a year ago had an even higher population growth.

How many magistrates/yr were you up to? Did you end up getting all level 6 buildings? Just a massive SoI, or did you have a good way to farm magistrates.

I was up to almost 8 a year at the end however most of the game it was not nearly as high. I kept the HRE alive all the way till the end only because all the members where in my SOI and the magistrates where worth more then the land I would inherit.

Jeeps, I believe I updated all the records that applied, but I must ask how did you keep your infamy so low?

EDIT: Even in the 1778 screenshot your infamy was 5, but there seems to still be many countries in existance.

Ya my first game I tried as the Hansa and by 1700 I only had around 500 province and realized I wouldn't make it. This game after forming France i decided only to battle other european nations If i had a PU cb or imperial ban cb. I ended up inheriting Austria, Bradenburg, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Lithuania, Aragon, Castille, Portugal and Byzantine and never released any vassals except Northermburland to culture shift. It was actually an incredibly boring game after 1500s.

And most of those countries in existence are just HRE members. I probably could have conquered every single nations by around 1770 and still be under the infamy cap. What I don't understand is how a OPM can do a WC and still be under the infamy cap, seems so hard to accomplish.

Doh, my pretty, pretty records. Am me without a computer to come and take them back with. ;) Seriously, congrates Jeeps, knew it was only a matter of time before someone claimed the income records with DW. Just hadn't got around to updating it myself before my computer died on me.

Royal marriages: 49, as Mantua
As evidence the +24.5% to legitimacy from royal marriages (+0.5% per marriages)
edit: picture wasn't displaying; is from steam; trying to figure out how to fix.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031904606/screenshot/577805138415580806

I been sitting above 90 prestige for decades; and i've yet to inherit or PU anything; at times there's a few listed as they would if monarch died, but they always get an heir before that happens, we're just too fecund I guess.
List of countries married to:
Norway, Cyprus, Montenegro, Ragusa, Transylvania, Great Britain,
Mazovia, Poland, Teutonic Order, Auvergne, Brittany, Burgundy,
Corsica, France, Provence, Anhalt, Baden, Bavaria, Bohemia, Brandenburg,
Bremen, Brunswick, Hesse, Cleves, Saxe-Lauenburg, Lorraine, Luneburg,
Meissen, Mecklenburg, Oldenburg, The Palatinate, Pommerania, Wurttemburg,
Castille, Portugal, Ferrara, Milan, Naples, Saridinia, Sicily, Tuscany, Brabant, Friesland,
Gelre, Luxembourg, Muscovy, Pskov, Ryazan, Smolensk

Last edited:
Royal marriages: 49, as Mantua
As evidence the +24.5% to legitimacy from royal marriages (+0.5% per marriages)
edit: picture wasn't displaying; is from steam; trying to figure out how to fix.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031904606/screenshot/577805138415580806

Here:

q1l6K.jpg

How is that a hall of fame thing? I have had over 52 royal marriages. Most with my vassals when I was low on leg. >_>.

A contender for notable battle.

battlevq.png

When that started, I despaired over losing such a great general. I should have had more faith.