• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I recently started planning on creating a new game as Hansa->Netherlands to try to beat all the income records that Azonalanthious had made(I beleive Hansa is a much better choice then Venice as it provides an additional 5% extra trade efficiency and +15% more trade income). Anyways looking threw Azonalanthious screenshot for clues on how to achieve such a high income I noticed something very weird. He should not have been able to form the Netherlands, his primary culture is Lombard and in many of his screenshot he has conquered much of Europe as Venice before converting to Netherlands and colonized the Americas as Lombard culture. I had trade league causis belis as Hansa as they where in my trade league and I found it extremely hard to form Netherlands and colonize so rapidly. It seems like he edited the values to form Netherlands :eek:
If i am misinformed thou ;) I am sorry for being Debbie Downer (SNL reference).

He would have been able to if he did a culture shift or he modded the decision.

I don't think a culture shift woulda been possible, as your culture has to be dominant to enact the decision, and since he colonized the americas that woulda been impossible to do since you cant release vassals(except cree, huron, etc..) in the new world. Since theres only six dutch provinces, even if he had stayed just in europe, he woulda have had to release almost his entire country to form this decision. Seems unlikely :confused:

I don't think a culture shift woulda been possible, as your culture has to be dominant to enact the decision, and since he colonized the americas that woulda been impossible to do since you cant release vassals(except cree, huron, etc..) in the new world. Since theres only six dutch provinces, even if he had stayed just in europe, he woulda have had to release almost his entire country to form this decision. Seems unlikely :confused:

* Right at the start, conquer Netherlands
* By 1450, culture shift
* Start colonizing
* Later on (after enacting the necessary Venetian and general decisions), form Netherlands

I 100% agree with you Junuxx on how to form the Netherlands, I was just conmmenting on the fact that his New world colonies shoulda been dutch not Lombard.
Also its pretty hard to tackle the dutch so early on without a proper causis bellis as the HRE will intervene, and you are too small comparibly to them to deal with them.

I 100% agree with you Junuxx on how to form the Netherlands, I was just conmmenting on the fact that his New world colonies shoulda been dutch not Lombard.
Also its pretty hard to tackle the dutch so early on without a proper causis bellis as the HRE will intervene, and you are too small comparibly to them to deal with them.

Ironically, I haven't played or posted pretty much since that game and just popped back on so soon after you asked that question. ;) Anywho, yes, Junuxx had the right of it as to the process. Dealing with the dutch early was, yes, a pain, but remember I was playing JUST to go for the record and so was on very easy. That helps. ;) Also, I've done several Portugal -> Neatherlands games before and so have some practice in grabbing them from the sea.

And the vast majority of the new world was indeed dutch. Pennyrile (on purpose) and a couple of others (by mistake) were Lombard though - the north american natives were my first new world conquest and were aquired before I got the cores to go dutch (though I already had the needed provinces... actually, I may even have had the cores now that I think about it -- I don't recall for sure -- but hadn't moved my capital yet). I sent a missionary to Pennyrile (which was already a cot, though far smaller at that point) to convert it and swap cultures to take better advantage of its income and to help keep Lombard (and its many profitable tax provinces) as an accepted culture as long as possible. I convered a couple of other provinces as well that I don't think appear in the screenies when I loaded the game one night, saw I had missionaries, and so immediately sent them out before remembering I didin't want to do that. :/

Edit: Oh, and note the culture. I think this was actually the very first screenie I posted from that game. So if I were to edit anything, it wouldn't be the Neatherlands decision, since I already had the reqs for it at that point and I believe it was a good 100-150 years yet before I switched.

Edit to Edit: Bah, I glanced at the screenie and thought I saw 1400s, not 1500s. Still, the core point of 'I didn't need to edit the neatherlands decision' still applies.

EU3_33-1.jpg

Last edited:

When I made the IN income entry, I went (hard, lucky on) Por->SPA->NED->ENG->SCA and still managed to claim all the world colonies. A single shift seems very possible.

You can release a vassal, sell all your colonies to that vassal, do the culture shift, then just conquer them back.

Edit: Just noticed the player of that game himself just posted. No need for any of this speculation then.

Makes perfect sense now :) I just got a little confused when I saw Lombard as the culture in pennyrile. Thx for explaining.

On a side note, you posted before that you didnt know if the indian trade route modifier was superior to +2 free trade, after some testing it appears it is only if you can garrison 1 units in all your grain land provinces. With a WC you can max out the colonial goods at 200% demand so grain is really the only difference. Here are my results.
my grain prices at + 1free trade is 26.9,
with 1 units in each territory and +1 free trade its 32.00,
with 1 units in each territory and -3 merc its 28.3
with no units and -3 it drops to 3.6!!!

I got a 18% drop in monthly income going from +1 to -3 with no units in each province even with the 20% trade income modifier.(after factoring out the effects from mining act, merchantshipping and jointstock exchange which helped me get to -3)
But gained 5% monthly income going from +1 to -3 with 1 unit in each territory with the 20% trade income modifier.

So if you stayed a merchant republic, and waited till the end to complete the get 10 members to join you league mission for boom economics as Hansa(+15% trade income from mission) instead of venice, you could get an aditional 45% trade income modifier and another 5% from full merc for your world record :eek:

Makes perfect sense now :) I just got a little confused when I saw Lombard as the culture in pennyrile. Thx for explaining.

On a side note, you posted before that you didnt know if the indian trade route modifier was superior to +2 free trade, after some testing it appears it is only if you can garrison 1 units in all your grain land provinces. With a WC you can max out the colonial goods at 200% demand so grain is really the only difference. Here are my results.
my grain prices at + 1free trade is 26.9,
with 1 units in each territory and +1 free trade its 32.00,
with 1 units in each territory and -3 merc its 28.3
with no units and -3 it drops to 3.6!!!

I got a 18% drop in monthly income going from +1 to -3 with no units in each province even with the 20% trade income modifier.(after factoring out the effects from mining act, merchantshipping and jointstock exchange which helped me get to -3)
But gained 5% monthly income going from +1 to -3 with 1 unit in each territory with the 20% trade income modifier.

So if you stayed a merchant republic, and waited till the end to complete the get 10 members to join you league mission for boom economics as Hansa(+15% trade income from mission) instead of venice, you could get an aditional 45% trade income modifier and another 5% from full merc for your world record :eek:

If you are going to try it, might I suggest leaving HRE members for the 10 to join? That way you could hold onto the holy roman emperor title for the 50% tax boost (I debated on that point too). If you want to go for it, I wish you luck. I've no doubt that that record can be beaten, but I got so bored setting it I've no motivation to try and better things. ;) Also (don't play hansa much so don't recall the mission effect perfectly) could you leave a OPM denmark to get the sound toll mission, then take Denmark to get the bonus from the mission along with the toll to boost things even further?

If you are going to try it, might I suggest leaving HRE members for the 10 to join? That way you could hold onto the holy roman emperor title for the 50% tax boost (I debated on that point too). If you want to go for it, I wish you luck. I've no doubt that that record can be beaten, but I got so bored setting it I've no motivation to try and better things. Also (don't play hansa much so don't recall the mission effect perfectly) could you leave a OPM denmark to get the sound toll mission, then take Denmark to get the bonus from the mission along with the toll to boost things even further?

Ya the mission is a little too good and maybe needs to be toned down? because you only need to get relations with denmark to +190 to get the mission modifier till 1821 and then later on you can still annex the danish provinces required for sound toll to get a second modifier. I was planning on starting over again, but I too can't find the motivation to actually complete another WC.

Miami CoT, lol.
And Puerto Rico. :p

I don't suppose there's a record for least valuable CoT, is there?

EU3_187.jpg

I don't know how uncommon this is, but I sure thought it was funny. :rofl:

Might as well put my game forward for highest discipline possible:

79H2Y.jpg

what is that I read 700 something losses per day is a record, that can't be right, unless you add a couple zero's or something. I see battles all the time where either side may lose thousands of troops in a day. please explain.

edit: nevermind, i clicked the link, I see now that is for the entirety of a war... I guess that is quite impressive.

I don't suppose there's a record for least valuable CoT, is there?

I love how many merchants are there.

"Ah ha! I will throw your merchant out, so that I can claim .192 ducats more/year modified by my TE! I'm rich! Riiich! Riiiiiich!!!!

Two new record-breaking pics to share! These are from the Howl to the Moon MP game that finished a couple weeks ago.

The first is for "300-like" lopsided battles:

HoF%20Most%20Lopsided%20Battle.gif

7,430 men defeated 68,210 men! I was the attacker as France, and I defeated Mavs as Austria.

The second is for most losses per day:

HoF%20Most%20Losses%20per%20Day.gif

Metz as Spain attacked me as France. I promptly counter-attacked and had all of old Aragon, Granada, and Castille taken 62 days after the DOW when I peaced out for just old Aragon.