• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Personally I don't find colonising dangerous provinces to be particularly remarkable in itself, since you'd succeed eventually. Niels.p, if you'd like I could load up my Russia game and just spam that Trinidad with colonists. In the actual course of my game, what happened was that someone colonised it, got into a war with me and France (PU junior), and France happily marched a doomstack straight on top of all those natives. What a disappointing end.

yequr, what do you mean by "park a Galley or Light Ship in there to hope for the 'accommodation with natives event'"? Isn't the entire purpose of leaving the ship there to discourage pirates? I'd think that if you put a ship in one of those dangerous provinces, it'd just get auto-disbanded when the natives blow up your colony.

Leaving a ship in port of a colony counts a military unit for the event to occur. Parking a ship in port does not spark the native anger while military units do.

Just wondering if you accept records with mods here. In a game on cmm (a Magna Mundi related mod) I have a war with 857 battles fought over 93 years. I'll post the screenshot here if it's worth it.

Madagascar seems to be pretty tough without using armies - 9000 natives for each of its 3 provinces with nasty aggressiveness. I think I am going to try and colonize it without using an army by building up 5 colonists and spamming them there, but even so I don't have high hopes. Colony will probably be killed off. If it isn't though, I get to have a province with 10,000 starting population!
fullcolony.png

And this is why you try to colonize without destroying the native population. Look at that base population baby! They did destroy my first colony but the second one was OK, and had a couple of native assimilation events.

Most natives in a province:

Good catch, I'm not very good with words. I meant "most violent natives" in the same way Aniuby's related record is desrcibed on the first post:

In my game the agressiveness + ferocity = 25.
Are you claiming a record? As far as I can tell 25 < 28 :confused:

Just wondering if you accept records with mods here. In a game on cmm (a Magna Mundi related mod) I have a war with 857 battles fought over 93 years. I'll post the screenshot here if it's worth it.
Mods are heavily frowned upon, but have been accepted in the past. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've probably disqualified myself by reloading, being on normal or something like that, but it's still a ludicrous number:
YkINS6V.png

It's late game, I'm a few decades ahead in tech and after my victory against Russia (I was going east to west), I had troops in Europe with nothing to do, hence war against Austria.
The figures are mostly not for being a good player (or reloading) but for daft french AI that wasted so many small stacks on my siege forces in Ile de france.

I've probably disqualified myself by reloading, being on normal or something like that, but it's still a ludicrous number:
YkINS6V.png

It's late game, I'm a few decades ahead in tech and after my victory against Russia (I was going east to west), I had troops in Europe with nothing to do, hence war against Austria.
The figures are mostly not for being a good player (or reloading) but for daft french AI that wasted so many small stacks on my siege forces in Ile de france.
Nonsense, your record is perfectly fine :)

Largest difference in war losses: 1401498, Japanese-Austrian Liberation. thebugger

What is bad with playing on very easy? I was doing so, and now i am better than you ;P

From what I saw Cacra v. Iwanow was an excellent matchup.

Wow! Neat to see that records are still being broke! Spain is doing good, and is still below the income of Riga!