• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feedback anyone?

Uh, Im just a casual gamer, not looking to get any records or anything but I got this interesting thingy to show to you pros.

I have a Pretty rich cot in 1408 worth around 3700-ish...

Attachments

• Richest Cot.jpg
    Richest Cot.jpg
    347,5 KB · Views: 215
Judging by the numbers he has probably isolated/destroyed other European CoTs. Not sure if it's possible to keep this situation stable - I think new CoTs will start to spawn fairly quickly.

I don't know. he has only like 15,000 man army tops, and his navy has already been destroyed by England. I don't really know how he could have destroyed all of the other CoT's by this point.
Also, if he had created a Center of Trade there, shouldn't his center of focus be in that province?

Well, as England I usually put my focus on that province next to both Welsh provinces and put my COT in Lancashire, so, it's possibe not to create a COT in another province than your focus.

to get a lower revolt risk in Wales.(and, once I have enough magistrates, that unity-thing(I don't know the exact name anymore, i haven't played EU3 a lot since i have MotE))

Wales is crap. You're better off choosing Meath or Normandy or Gascogne

Its not that amazing, just pure luck. But I've succesfully colonized Trinidad. The island had 25 agressiveness and 1200 natives, I did not use an army too protect the colony:

zdZZz0G.jpg

I dont know if this new record is worthy enough to be mentioned on the first post, but I just thought its interesting.

All done in DW 5.1, default settings.

Edit: The record is along the words: succesfully colonize the most agressive possible province.

Last edited:
this reminds me of the following: In one of my earliest games, I colonized almost all of Africa as Songhai without killing any natives (only the ones in that one province I needed to cross to reach Hausa-South and its pagan friends) by save scumming a lot (all the many times natives rose up, when I got a rebellion, to avoid stab hits, except on slider moves where the other options are rebellions (nasty in Africa!) and horrible things like "People are disappearing", to avoid getting slaves in any provinces as I hadn't realized the later game power of slaves yet, whenever colonists failed, when my heir died or I got a bad heir, when I got a RC...), it was about as close to cheating as it can be, certainly the peak of that phase of mine. One of the worst provinces was Azawadd, I had a core in there long before it became a city :D This also was the game with by far the most Agricultural Revolutions I ever had, for obvious reasons :ninja:

Last edited:
this reminds me of the following: In one of my earliest games, I colonized almost all of Africa as Songhai without killing any natives (only the ones in that one province I needed to cross to reach Hausa-South and its pagan friends) by save scumming a lot (all the many times natives rose up, when I got a rebellion, to avoid stab hits, except on slider moves where the other options are rebellions (nasty in Africa!) and horrible things like "People are disappearing", to avoid getting slaves in any provinces as I hadn't realized the later game power of slaves yet, whenever colonists failed, when my heir died or I got a bad heir, when I got a RC...), it was about as close to cheating as it can be, certainly the peak of that phase of mine. One of the worst provinces was Azawadd, I had a core in there long before it became a city :D This also was the game with by far the most Agricultural Revolutions I ever had, for obvious reasons :ninja:

Haha thats amazing, you certainly need to be gamey if you want to survive and expand as a african minor.

This though is from the webstatanian monthly challenge, I extremely focused on european conquest and thought: I am only going too colonize the carrabien and nothing else. I probably sended about 25 colonists in total.

Its not that amazing, just pure luck. But I've succesfully colonized Trinidad. The island had 25 agressiveness and 1200 natives, I did not use an army too protect the colony:
Madagascar seems to be pretty tough without using armies - 9000 natives for each of its 3 provinces with nasty aggressiveness. I think I am going to try and colonize it without using an army by building up 5 colonists and spamming them there, but even so I don't have high hopes. Colony will probably be killed off. If it isn't though, I get to have a province with 10,000 starting population!

Madagascar seems to be pretty tough without using armies - 9000 natives for each of its 3 provinces with nasty aggressiveness. I think I am going to try and colonize it without using an army by building up 5 colonists and spamming them there, but even so I don't have high hopes. Colony will probably be killed off. If it isn't though, I get to have a province with 10,000 starting population!

What about the Zulu provinces as well?

The most populous West African inland province, I think it's Yola, also has 9000 natives, equally aggressive as the Madagascans and Zulus - but you can't park a Galley or Light Ship in there to hope for the "accomodation with natives" event. I think that would be the hardest in the world.
(On the other hand, it won't get nearly as many failed AI colonization attempts as Trinidad tends to)

If you want to do it the honest way, unlike I did back then, good luck!

Last edited:
Personally I don't find colonising dangerous provinces to be particularly remarkable in itself, since you'd succeed eventually. Niels.p, if you'd like I could load up my Russia game and just spam that Trinidad with colonists. In the actual course of my game, what happened was that someone colonised it, got into a war with me and France (PU junior), and France happily marched a doomstack straight on top of all those natives. What a disappointing end.

yequr, what do you mean by "park a Galley or Light Ship in there to hope for the 'accommodation with natives event'"? Isn't the entire purpose of leaving the ship there to discourage pirates? I'd think that if you put a ship in one of those dangerous provinces, it'd just get auto-disbanded when the natives blow up your colony.

Personally I don't find colonising dangerous provinces to be particularly remarkable in itself, since you'd succeed eventually. Niels.p, if you'd like I could load up my Russia game and just spam that Trinidad with colonists. In the actual course of my game, what happened was that someone colonised it, got into a war with me and France (PU junior), and France happily marched a doomstack straight on top of all those natives. What a disappointing end.

yequr, what do you mean by "park a Galley or Light Ship in there to hope for the 'accommodation with natives event'"? Isn't the entire purpose of leaving the ship there to discourage pirates? I'd think that if you put a ship in one of those dangerous provinces, it'd just get auto-disbanded when the natives blow up your colony.

Similar thing happened with me, Portugal originally owned it and I took it over after sending 2 spies too destroy their colony. The natives agressivenss and ferocity was already abusrdly high.
You can certainly beat this record. Esppecially if you move your capitol closer, have a high succes rate on colonizing and have a high yearly colonist income.