• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm surprised you're not interested. In my mind it's a bit like saying "Most Magistrates a Year" is not an interesting record because you can only hold five at most, so you just need to build enough colleges to get 5 each month. The point is not so much about how it can be done, but for someone to be outrageous enough to do it =)
Yes, most magistrates per year makes even less sense to me since it's capped at 60 :) Should probably be fastest to 60 magistrates per year.

If you were playing as the horde, you couldn't possibly keep every single country alive in order to force them into a truce.
If someone is really determined it might be nearly possible (you would probably have some difficulty with single island nations, because getting anything defect to them when everybody else is alive may be problematic)

Yes, most magistrates per year makes even less sense to me since it's capped at 60 :) Should probably be fastest to 60 magistrates per year.

If someone is really determined it might be nearly possible (you would probably have some difficulty with single island nations, because getting anything defect to them when everybody else is alive may be problematic)

Most magistrates is not capped. It just don't give more magistrates monthly. But still it will say that you gain 60,05 yearly if you make 1 more college.

Most magistrates is not capped. It just don't give more magistrates monthly. But still it will say that you gain 60,05 yearly if you make 1 more college.
Isn't it a bug (if it says 60.05 per year while it's actually 60?) In any case, if the record would be for this number then once could simply build college in every province :)

Isn't it a bug (if it says 60.05 per year while it's actually 60?) In any case, if the record would be for this number then once could simply build college in every province :)

Well, you cannot have more than 5 magistrates at the time, this is only reason why you don't get more if you have 60,05 magistrates yearly. It is not a bug, just lazy paradox staff...

Yearly cultural tradition - 99.7%
cultural-99.jpeg
This record doesn't make much sense to me though. One could simply conquer the world and build fine arts academies everywhere

Updated:
Fastest Irish Unification: August 20, 1400 with England. alexti
I've done this on very easy to show that Surya's previous record was realistic (same is possible on normal, but requires considerable luck with sieges). Saying that I realize that required difficulty doesn't seem to be stated anywhere. Does it mean that very easy difficulty games are acceptable?

I've done this on very easy to show that Surya's previous record was realistic (same is possible on normal, but requires considerable luck with sieges). Saying that I realize that required difficulty doesn't seem to be stated anywhere. Does it mean that very easy difficulty games are acceptable?

For the series of fastest records, I doubt it really makes much of a difference; when your record is just under 1 year, the additional boosts you get don't really have time to compound.

I frown on records achieved with a difficulty of anything lower than normal...but I'll accept them begrudgingly.

Surya's record was suspected unrealistic because of having 100 legitimacy (in both forming england and HRE records)

I don't know if you guys think this is interesting, but personally I have never seen it before.

Stability Cost : 0.00

From the same game as my Reformation/Prussia Formation. My stab costs were absolutely puny, less than my monthly income, despite being not a trading super-minor but a decently large country whose provinces were not all that rich overall, though owning the three northern CoTs in Europe helped. Imagine if you could get your stab costs to 0 in as many provinces as possible - you could probably stabhit yourself for fun and laughter.

i've seen around -10 stab before.

Fair enough, I can see how that might happen, especially since I (clearly) wasn't actually aiming to minimise stab. But does that actually balance out your stab costs from your other provinces?

(EDIT : To clarify, I didn't realise you could get stab cost to be below 0 per province, but since you say it can happen, I understand how it could be made to go down to -10)

It's a shame that you can only gain 1 stab each month through letting the budget run by itself. Apart from events, you need to actually pay to gain more than 1 per month even if your existing investment already exceeds the value.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I can see how that might happen, especially since I (clearly) wasn't actually aiming to minimise stab. But does that actually balance out your stab costs from your other provinces?
If you are going into negative territory it's normally because your stability discount is more than 100% which means that all your provinces will have negative stability cost (and those that would normally have the highest stability cost now have the lowest stability cost - I think the lowest I've seen was somewhere in -15 - -10 range

CAD, Prestige, Legitimacy, and trade in Wine already give you 78% stab reduction.

If you've picked up full Serfdom and full Narrowminded (not many would, but just to prove a point), it's now at 128% stab reduction.

There are also other reduction decisions such as 10% Ottoman Tolerance (5.2 changed it to reduction), 5% Sheik Ul Islam, 6% Tenures Abolition Act, 6% Licensing of the Press Act, 4% Statue in Restraint of Appeals, 1% Abolish Slavery Act, 3% School Establishment Act, 8% Suffragan of Bishop Act, 6% Haridasa Movement, etc.

Not to mention other temporary stab cost modifier reductions.

TLDR: Yes negative stab is possible. Yes, it's a stupid feat because a province with wrong culture religion will have a lower stab cost than the ones with right religion/culture.

I think the base stab for animist is like 5, so you can get lower super easily, particularly as TO if you never convert your one animist province.

You are totaly wrong, you want your stab cost from religion to be high, to reduce stab cost below 0, you need to use percentages from things like CAD, to make your stab cost -120% or something like that - higher the religion brings stab cost, lower will be it when it is changed by those -120%.

TLDR: Yes negative stab is possible. Yes, it's a stupid feat because a province with wrong culture religion will have a lower stab cost than the ones with right religion/culture.

This. Well, w/e since stab cost below 0, means you will regain stability instantly. So you can just dow with no casus belli, and don't care about it.