• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, i'm a bit skeptical on the 0 infamy thing. Conquering Europe and colonising everywhere with 0 infamy, easy enough with PUs. Conquering the entire non-Christian world afterwards? Bit harder. Not saying it isn't possible, i'm just surprised that if you actually did it, you wouldn't mention it.

i'm more interested on how he did manage a BB-free WC :D
forcing unions with everyone?
with spies or royal marriages?

Yeah, lots and lots and lots of unions. I litterally inherited EVERY christian monarchy - all legit from royal marriges and claimed thrones too. I stuck with more traditional holy wars against the rest of the world until that cb gave out, though I never let my BB get out of control (it effects inheritence chances after all). Then I switched over and started fabricating claims - partially because I was now producing enough spys to make it practical, which I wasn't really in the begining. Unsually for me, I was playing on very easy, mind - I was trying to run down a record, not play for a challange. And let me tell you, it go really, really boring - there is a reason it took me so long to finish, I kept switching to other games and other EU3 campaigns for a while to recharge.

me being a nub: how the hell did you earn that much money?

in most of my games i've fully upgraded all my cities and control most of the CoTs...is it cuz you have so few CoTs, or is it your sliders (in that case, what are your settings)?

I really have no clue....help a nub out, here, dammit

Every possible income national idea, almost every possible income national/religious decision (including those from both venice AND neatherlands, including two trade companies), owning every province, having every non-manufactory/non-fort building built in every province, having manufactories built in all by 12 provinces, having almost every income triggered modifier (I decided against the East India Trade Route - the benefits of staying at +2 free trade were too great to make it worth it, as nice as it is), production and trade (maxed that too Teep, just didn't take a screenie of it) tech maxed, best income gonverment type, best income religious type, silders optimally positions to not only maximize direct income, but also indirect through trade goods prices, for as much of the game as I could manage, things setup to make every +base tax event as likely to fire as possible (near the end, I was getting a +base tax event to fire in a province somewhere about every 3 months), and finally alot (though not all possible - I got lazy on province decisions near the end) income province decisions. I consider myself a master of EU3 economics for a reason. ;)

As for the pic - the a closely related one - the final autosave where I snagged the record got overwritten when I was going for the army/navy record, but here is the screen from that game, which is fairly close:

EU3_62-1.jpg

Yeah, i'm a bit skeptical on the 0 infamy thing. Conquering Europe and colonising everywhere with 0 infamy, easy enough with PUs. Conquering the entire non-Christian world afterwards? Bit harder. Not saying it isn't possible, i'm just surprised that if you actually did it, you wouldn't mention it.

I didn't think that much about it honestly. Wasn't there an AAR where someone did the same thing recently? I usually play fairly low bad-boy games and have come very close to 0 BB WCs before, and while the HttT CB system makes it harder to take provinces in a war for minial infamy, I actually found it easier to keep infamy low due to the ease of getting personal unions. And the last 40 years or so saw me taking out a good dozen OPM in Europe (pretty much everything that wasn't a monarchy) that had been sitting there nearlly the enitre game - but they were all in the German culture group (so cores didn't go bye-bye on me) and by that point I had gotten cores on all of them, so they were all 0 bad-boy reconquest wars. Oh, and 'the rest of the non-christian world' wasn't afterwards, it was while, which helps - lets you get as much possible done with holy wars for mininal infamy.

Well, I think that largest income, largest Population Growth, largest standing army and probably largest COT go pretty much hand in hand for example. Azonalanthious has just given an excellent demonstration of this fact.

Also, some records like Best Monarch (9/9/9) or Shortest Siege (1 day) list things that are not that uncommon, but can't be beaten. If everyone reported his 9/9/9 rulers, it would become a tie between dozens of players eventually and that's.. odd :eek:o

Well, I think that largest income, largest Population Growth, largest standing army and probably largest COT go pretty much hand in hand for example. Azonalanthious has just given an excellent demonstration of this fact.

Also, some records like Best Monarch (9/9/9) or Shortest Siege (1 day) list things that are not that uncommon, but can't be beaten. If everyone reported his 9/9/9 rulers, it would become a tie between dozens of players eventually and that's.. odd :eek:o

I agree.

Pop growth goes directly with CoT, pretty much always, and yeah, is pretty pointless. That's the reason I turned down the highest tax record when it was proposed, and I've no real issue with that record going away. But hey, if its their, I'm gonna claim it. ;)

Army size is, frankly, more a reflection of how much time you are willing to put into building the darn units then anything else. Any WC game should provide a player with enough income to build insane numbers of troops - its just a matter of how much patience they have to build them all. I'll tell you now that while highest income might set the limit on army size in theory, I will never, ever, ever have the patience to build an army up to the full potential size. Someone else might, and more power too them even if they can't match the record for income. I agree to the extent that income sets the potential, but its really all about how much of that potential you are willing to utilize.

I dsiagree about largest Cot though. It doesn't, per say, track with largest income - I've had larger CoTs in the past, though I don't have screenies in them. I've broken 20,000 in a pure colonization game, where I didn't conquer a single non-native province other then Dadra.

As for the monarch and the shortest battle, I agree, to easy to get/find.

You could use AutoHotkey to automate the thousands of mouse clicks for building a mega army :eek:o

Actually, as I think about it, slider position would also play a role, probably even more then income. Someone who went full serfdom/aristocracy/land/quantity might not be able to match the income I can get, but when their units are a 1/10th of the cost, they don't really need to.

Army size is, frankly, more a reflection of how much time you are willing to put into building the darn units then anything else. Any WC game should provide a player with enough income to build insane numbers of troops - its just a matter of how much patience they have to build them all.
Indeed.
Though I wonder if one couldn't add biggest naval and land force-limits and manpower records, which would be far less dependant on the insane income of end-game.

BTW, it turns out that this war:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10593757&postcount=317
also beat the "Most battles in a single war" record. Wiping out the whole Manchu and French armies is a bloody mess - but I had to do it if I wanted to DOW OPM Britanny, which France had stupidly guaranteed, just 2 days after I made peace with Paris :D

(I've updated the great Stats-maker program since then ;) )

The 178 from above is the highest I think I've a screenie of. Which would be very, very easy to beat - war taxes and/or holy roman emperor and there you are. I've certainly had higher effeciencies then that, though I wouldn't tell you an exact number of the top of my head.

I could beat it with 2 adivisors atm, but ill see what I can do without them. I doubt ill get hre in this game as everyone hates me.