• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You make it sound so depressing... :p
Masses of colleges, SoI, absolute monarchy? Emperor with all but one of the reforms?

It's a bit confusing when you own 80% of the world but find yourself running out of crappy provinces :p.

Full SoI in the HRE, Constitutional Monarchy with Separation of Powers nowadays (my research speed is through the roof, so the animists should give me enough infamy to burn until I reach Revolution NI and Constitutional Republic; I finished trade 38+39+40 all in one year, some 40 years ahead of time), Emperor with all but the last 4 reforms, and those colleges.

It's a bit confusing when you own 80% of the world but find yourself running out of crappy provinces :p.

Full SoI in the HRE, Constitutional Monarchy with Separation of Powers nowadays (my research speed is through the roof, so the animists should give me enough infamy to burn until I reach Revolution NI and Constitutional Republic; I finished trade 38+39+40 all in one year, some 40 years ahead of time), Emperor with all but the last 4 reforms, and those colleges.

XD

Doesn't France start out as a Constitutional Monarchy? Btw... What's separation of powers? :O Btw, did you start out as France or England?

XD

Doesn't France start out as a Constitutional Monarchy? Btw... What's separation of powers? :O Btw, did you start out as France or England?

? France starts out as a Feudal Monarchy like most of Europe. Separation of Powers is a very nice national decision enabled by Const Mon that gives magistrates, -RR, and I think some tax income. Started out as England.

I've got two entries. One for largest battle, one for most battles.

Largest battle (Battle of Budjak) beats old record by almost 200k:

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%205%20Battle%20of%20Budjak.gif

Most battles beats old record by about 30:

EU3%20HoF%20Most%20Battles.gif

Both are from the Day of Glory campaign, which is the EU3 part of a CK->HoI megacampaign.

The first's players were OrangeYoshi and Irsh Faq vs. pilis.

The second's players were OrangeYoshi and von_Rundstedt vs. Foelsgaard.

Regarding the Magistrates, am I the only one is just a tad surprised at the numbers? First, let's say 20 of them come from his Colleges alone. That's an assumption which greatly affects the numbers, but since I generally don't see more than 5 a year at that sort of time without colleges i'm attempting to be conservative there.

Now:
20 Magistrates per Year, 0.05 Per College => 20/0.05 = 400 Colleges.
400 Colleges * 5 Magistrates = 2000 Magistrates spent on Government buildings alone.
He's 258 years in, so that means an average of 2000/258 = 7.75 (approx) Magistrates per year throughout the entire game.

Now, you're not even going to see Colleges getting built until Gov 23 (iirc), which i'd guess would be around 1530-1560, perhaps sooner if your tech was good and you beelined for it. To me, those numbers don't make it impossible, but it pretty much means he probably went for it right at the start and ended up spending Magistrates on almost nothing except Government buildings (which as France, Burgundy or even England he could almost certainly do). There's colonial events, which could ofcourse account for a LOT of those magistrates, but that would mean not spending any on Forts. Just trying to think what other ways there are out there to get Magistrates. Suppose the buildings are preserved if you have cores. Are they preserved on inheritance (though unless it's a player the effect would probably be negligable)?

But yeah, I do think that was planned WAY in advance. Given that if built outside the national focus, the 5 magistrates spent on getting a college takes that college 100 years to recoup - you're only going to see a major net gain if you build tons of the things and build them early. That said, if he's got 400 colleges, that's roughly 700 odd magistrates before games end, which is over 100 max trade buildings worth. And if the aim was record income, that's something that'd count for a lot. Yeah, it's almost certainly legit - was just curious as to the breakdown of those figures. :p

Regarding the Magistrates, am I the only one is just a tad surprised at the numbers? First, let's say 20 of them come from his Colleges alone. That's an assumption which greatly affects the numbers, but since I generally don't see more than 5 a year at that sort of time without colleges i'm attempting to be conservative there.

Now:
20 Magistrates per Year, 0.05 Per College => 20/0.05 = 400 Colleges.
400 Colleges * 5 Magistrates = 2000 Magistrates spent on Government buildings alone.
He's 258 years in, so that means an average of 2000/258 = 7.75 (approx) Magistrates per year throughout the entire game.

Now, you're not even going to see Colleges getting built until Gov 23 (iirc), which i'd guess would be around 1530-1560, perhaps sooner if your tech was good and you beelined for it. To me, those numbers don't make it impossible, but it pretty much means he probably went for it right at the start and ended up spending Magistrates on almost nothing except Government buildings (which as France, Burgundy or even England he could almost certainly do). There's colonial events, which could ofcourse account for a LOT of those magistrates, but that would mean not spending any on Forts. Just trying to think what other ways there are out there to get Magistrates. Suppose the buildings are preserved if you have cores. Are they preserved on inheritance (though unless it's a player the effect would probably be negligable)?

But yeah, I do think that was planned WAY in advance. Given that if built outside the national focus, the 5 magistrates spent on getting a college takes that college 100 years to recoup - you're only going to see a major net gain if you build tons of the things and build them early. That said, if he's got 400 colleges, that's roughly 700 odd magistrates before games end, which is over 100 max trade buildings worth. And if the aim was record income, that's something that'd count for a lot. Yeah, it's almost certainly legit - was just curious as to the breakdown of those figures. :p

It was planned way in advance :p. I could've broken 75 magistrates if I wanted even, but I'm going for the income record.

When that screenshot was taken, I'm fairly sure only 7.2 magistrates came from non-college sources. I keep forgetting the exact number of colleges, but it's close to 480.

England starts out with a couple of churches I think. I got Scotland, Burgundy, France, the Lowlands, Wurttemberg, Thuringia, Oldenburg, 1 Hansa province (which obviously had maxed out buildings), and ~5-6 Italian provinces with cores. My SoI was complete before 1500; I think the 1480s, but not quite sure.

I drove my inflation quite high (~19) in the early years since I insisted on spamming churches as soon as I could; once I finally inherited Burgundy and the Lowlands, I managed to get inflation under control. I got 3 magistrates via the "Pay 20 ducats for a chance of getting magistrates" event, 2 from the Bureaucracy NI, and several from my universities. I also got quite a few churches from the NI-triggered event.

I forgot about the national focus refund. I also forgot about the Patron event that gives you universities at 500 ducats each.

Separation of Powers is a decision for Constitutional Monarchies, giving a nice boost to magistrate gain.

does the union reccord still stand on 27 ?
if so i broke it with 28, my game aint finished yet but when finished how do i have to post it ?
since i cant get it on 1 screenie

yeh k good idea i'll post an screenie of the diplo map here then to
at 36 unions at the moment :) and going up
aldow austria is a gamebraker and i have a feeling my king will die soon :)
trying it with hesse bydeway

Well I burnt out after finishing my game and realizing I could've squeezed in an extra ~3 million income, but finally here are some pictures.

Maxing out first tech:
Gdh5R.jpg

Maxing out second tech:
X26ag.jpg

Destroying the Shogunate:
XscQ7.jpg

Maxing out third tech:
kO04O.jpg

Maxing out fifth/last tech:
9k06r.png

High AI income (2-3 months after abandoning all CoTs):
BQeni.jpg

Longest siege:
Ww49a.jpg

Highest income / Highest Trade Efficiency:
Aspkd.jpg

Largest population growth:
nf4q2.jpg

Highest manpower:
jvWRX.jpg

Second most valuable province:
iNmEL.jpg

And right by it, my most valuable province; had I only destroyed one of those two CoTs:
BIx9F.jpg

Income ledger part 1:
53Euf.jpg

Income ledger part 2:
nuTqx.jpg

CoTs:
5CyBJ.jpg

Trade Goods part 1:
7VLAy.jpg

Trade Goods part 2:
PPW69.jpg

Charts:
DW2oj.jpg

Technology Overview ledger page:
RdCt0.jpg

Army/Navy:
5cE3E.jpg

I couldn't access the income/tech screen due to my annual trade income being negative; 600,000 more trade income and it'd be available again.