+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 62 87 ... LastLast

Thread: EU3 Hall of Fame

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post
    It's a bit confusing when you own 80% of the world but find yourself running out of crappy provinces .

Full SoI in the HRE, Constitutional Monarchy with Separation of Powers nowadays (my research speed is through the roof, so the animists should give me enough infamy to burn until I reach Revolution NI and Constitutional Republic; I finished trade 38+39+40 all in one year, some 40 years ahead of time), Emperor with all but the last 4 reforms, and those colleges.
    XD

Doesn't France start out as a Constitutional Monarchy? Btw... What's separation of powers? :O Btw, did you start out as France or England?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    XD

Doesn't France start out as a Constitutional Monarchy? Btw... What's separation of powers? :O Btw, did you start out as France or England?
    ? France starts out as a Feudal Monarchy like most of Europe. Separation of Powers is a very nice national decision enabled by Const Mon that gives magistrates, -RR, and I think some tax income. Started out as England.

Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria 2Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by qoou View Post
    ? France starts out as a Feudal Monarchy like most of Europe. Separation of Powers is a very nice national decision enabled by Const Mon that gives magistrates, -RR, and I think some tax income. Started out as England.
    D'oh. Me thinking wrong. :P Ok, Guessed that!

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I've got two entries. One for largest battle, one for most battles.

Largest battle (Battle of Budjak) beats old record by almost 200k:

Most battles beats old record by about 30:

Both are from the Day of Glory campaign, which is the EU3 part of a CK->HoI megacampaign.

The first's players were OrangeYoshi and Irsh Faq vs. pilis.

The second's players were OrangeYoshi and von_Rundstedt vs. Foelsgaard.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Updated Day of Glory records.
    Added new record: Most Monthly Magistrates
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Regarding the Magistrates, am I the only one is just a tad surprised at the numbers? First, let's say 20 of them come from his Colleges alone. That's an assumption which greatly affects the numbers, but since I generally don't see more than 5 a year at that sort of time without colleges i'm attempting to be conservative there.

Now:
    20 Magistrates per Year, 0.05 Per College => 20/0.05 = 400 Colleges.
    400 Colleges * 5 Magistrates = 2000 Magistrates spent on Government buildings alone.
    He's 258 years in, so that means an average of 2000/258 = 7.75 (approx) Magistrates per year throughout the entire game.

Now, you're not even going to see Colleges getting built until Gov 23 (iirc), which i'd guess would be around 1530-1560, perhaps sooner if your tech was good and you beelined for it. To me, those numbers don't make it impossible, but it pretty much means he probably went for it right at the start and ended up spending Magistrates on almost nothing except Government buildings (which as France, Burgundy or even England he could almost certainly do). There's colonial events, which could ofcourse account for a LOT of those magistrates, but that would mean not spending any on Forts. Just trying to think what other ways there are out there to get Magistrates. Suppose the buildings are preserved if you have cores. Are they preserved on inheritance (though unless it's a player the effect would probably be negligable)?

But yeah, I do think that was planned WAY in advance. Given that if built outside the national focus, the 5 magistrates spent on getting a college takes that college 100 years to recoup - you're only going to see a major net gain if you build tons of the things and build them early. That said, if he's got 400 colleges, that's roughly 700 odd magistrates before games end, which is over 100 max trade buildings worth. And if the aim was record income, that's something that'd count for a lot. Yeah, it's almost certainly legit - was just curious as to the breakdown of those figures. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Regarding the Magistrates, am I the only one is just a tad surprised at the numbers? First, let's say 20 of them come from his Colleges alone. That's an assumption which greatly affects the numbers, but since I generally don't see more than 5 a year at that sort of time without colleges i'm attempting to be conservative there.

Now:
    20 Magistrates per Year, 0.05 Per College => 20/0.05 = 400 Colleges.
    400 Colleges * 5 Magistrates = 2000 Magistrates spent on Government buildings alone.
    He's 258 years in, so that means an average of 2000/258 = 7.75 (approx) Magistrates per year throughout the entire game.

Now, you're not even going to see Colleges getting built until Gov 23 (iirc), which i'd guess would be around 1530-1560, perhaps sooner if your tech was good and you beelined for it. To me, those numbers don't make it impossible, but it pretty much means he probably went for it right at the start and ended up spending Magistrates on almost nothing except Government buildings (which as France, Burgundy or even England he could almost certainly do). There's colonial events, which could ofcourse account for a LOT of those magistrates, but that would mean not spending any on Forts. Just trying to think what other ways there are out there to get Magistrates. Suppose the buildings are preserved if you have cores. Are they preserved on inheritance (though unless it's a player the effect would probably be negligable)?

But yeah, I do think that was planned WAY in advance. Given that if built outside the national focus, the 5 magistrates spent on getting a college takes that college 100 years to recoup - you're only going to see a major net gain if you build tons of the things and build them early. That said, if he's got 400 colleges, that's roughly 700 odd magistrates before games end, which is over 100 max trade buildings worth. And if the aim was record income, that's something that'd count for a lot. Yeah, it's almost certainly legit - was just curious as to the breakdown of those figures. :P
    It was planned way in advance . I could've broken 75 magistrates if I wanted even, but I'm going for the income record.

When that screenshot was taken, I'm fairly sure only 7.2 magistrates came from non-college sources. I keep forgetting the exact number of colleges, but it's close to 480.

England starts out with a couple of churches I think. I got Scotland, Burgundy, France, the Lowlands, Wurttemberg, Thuringia, Oldenburg, 1 Hansa province (which obviously had maxed out buildings), and ~5-6 Italian provinces with cores. My SoI was complete before 1500; I think the 1480s, but not quite sure.

I drove my inflation quite high (~19) in the early years since I insisted on spamming churches as soon as I could; once I finally inherited Burgundy and the Lowlands, I managed to get inflation under control. I got 3 magistrates via the "Pay 20 ducats for a chance of getting magistrates" event, 2 from the Bureaucracy NI, and several from my universities. I also got quite a few churches from the NI-triggered event.

I forgot about the national focus refund. I also forgot about the Patron event that gives you universities at 500 ducats each.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Pompan View Post
    Separation of Powers is a decision for Constitutional Monarchies, giving a nice boost to magistrate gain.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Highest growth % in a province (20%)

I've got a feeling this record is going to be conquered soon...

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold War

There was a screenshot somewhere that had 248% growth , the player was WC'ing as the HRE.

also @OP: its Yearly magistrates not monthly

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennenburg View Post
    There was a screenshot somewhere that had 248% growth , the player was WC'ing as the HRE.

also @OP: its Yearly magistrates not monthly
    Thanks for the correction (I wish it was monthly!)

And if someone can dig up the post with the province with 248% growth that would be awesome!
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    Thanks for the correction (I wish it was monthly!)

And if someone can dig up the post with the province with 248% growth that would be awesome!
    Give me a week to finish my game; I've got 390% currently, it'll probably get higher.

I just, um, accidentally broke a record early. My tech costs got so high they turned negative. So I got Trade 70, 71, and 72, in one month each. Does this count?

does the union reccord still stand on 27 ?
    if so i broke it with 28, my game aint finished yet but when finished how do i have to post it ?
    since i cant get it on 1 screenie
    if you want peace prepare for war

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSupreme Ruler: Cold War

You could pm the savegame to the op as proof.

yeh k good idea i'll post an screenie of the diplo map here then to
    at 36 unions at the moment and going up
    aldow austria is a gamebraker and i have a feeling my king will die soon
    trying it with hesse bydeway

couldnt get more on my screen i have 52 unions at the moment

Well I burnt out after finishing my game and realizing I could've squeezed in an extra ~3 million income, but finally here are some pictures.

Maxing out first tech:

Maxing out second tech:

Destroying the Shogunate:

Maxing out third tech:

Maxing out fifth/last tech:

High AI income (2-3 months after abandoning all CoTs):

Longest siege:

Highest income / Highest Trade Efficiency:

Largest population growth:

Highest manpower:

Second most valuable province:

And right by it, my most valuable province; had I only destroyed one of those two CoTs:

Income ledger part 1:

Income ledger part 2:

CoTs:

Trade Goods part 1:

Trade Goods part 2:

Charts:

Technology Overview ledger page:

Army/Navy:

I couldn't access the income/tech screen due to my annual trade income being negative; 600,000 more trade income and it'd be available again.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Congratulations qoou! Amazing results, though I can completely understand being a bit burnt out after this, it must have felt like quite a chore at times.

Ah, and I almost forgot. Same thing J2P2912 did to get a single CoT:

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    Congratulations qoou! Amazing results, though I can completely understand being a bit burnt out after this, it must have felt like quite a chore at times.
    Thanks! The micromanagement wasn't all too bad; it was more the realization that I could've had a third more income had I planned this a bit better.

Edit: Wow. 1211k manpower from one province. Haha, and the population growth got so high it started losing people. Guess that's one solution to the 999,999 population cap problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 62 87 ... LastLast