Closed Thread

Thread: [FAQ] Read before posting a report

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by gigau; 27-11-2010 at 12:44.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries

How to install MEIOU ?

How to install MEIOU:JV or MEIOU:PH ?

• Check you have installed the correct patch !
    • Download it some place, like on the desktop.
    • Delete the previous version of the mod
    • Copy the contents of the downloaded zipped file to your main EUIII directory (you can use 7zip).
    --- Check that you have the MEIOU Launcher in the main EUIII directory
    --- Check that in the mod folder, you have and MEIOU folder, and a MEIOU.mod file
    • Click on the first button ("Click here on first install") of the Launcher, even if it is already done from a previous version
    • Use the Launcher to play with TOT v3.0 or HDM v2.30, for the first time, even if it is already as you wish
    • You might need to delete the MEIOU cache files (using the Launcher)
    • Pick a font for the map (the AM Map Bold and Aquilline fonts can prove not to work)
    • You might experience memory issues when playing with SRI AI. If so, either :
    --- for 32bits computers, try the solution in George LeS' post
    --- for 64bits computers, try the solution in SnakeByte99'post
    or
    --- simply use the Launcher to remove SRI AI (using the setup event will not suffice).
    • Launch the game
    • Have fun

How to install MEIOU:BE or MEIOU:NA ?

• Check you have installed the correct patch !
    • Download it some place, like on the desktop.
    • Delete the previous version of the mod (including the Graphic_View_selector directory)
    • Decompress and copy to your main EUIII directory.
    • Overwrite the Graphic_Mod_Switcher folder
    • Use the included Graphic Selector to play with TOT v3.0, HDM v2.11 or HDM v2.21, for the first time, even if it is already as you wish
    • Pick a font for the map
    • Launch the game
    • Have fun

Last edited by gigau; 27-11-2010 at 12:46.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

83 games registered

Blog Entries

How to use the Graphic Mod Installer ?

... to be done ...
    Last edited by gigau; 02-03-2010 at 15:10.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Frequently-Reported Known Errors

Quote Originally Posted by system_error.log
    Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 8052901 41. Allready exists in game.
    This indicates that there are two events with the id 8052901. Normally, it shouldn't cause a crash.

Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 7198 37. Allready exists in game.
    Monarch id 7198 is already monarch of the senior partner of a personnal union. The error is created when giving this monarch to the junior partner. This is known, and doesn't cause a crash.
    Jdrou : "Not really an error at all. It was an error in the original EU3 but since they changed how personal unions were stored internally it is more of a 'warning' now indicating that two rulers have the same ID which is normal for personal unions."

Clausewitz Error[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 2755 38. Allready exists in game.
    Monarch id 7198 is already a general in the service of the senior partner of a personnal union. The error is created when giving this general to the junior partner. This is known, and doesn't cause a crash.
    Jdrou : "Not really an error at all. It was an error in the original EU3 but since they changed how personal unions were stored internally it is more of a 'warning' now indicating that two rulers have the same ID which is normal for personal unions."

Last edited by gigau; 02-03-2010 at 15:15.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

With Vista, i have issues when i try to use the Graphic Mod Switcher

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpi
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Don't you have an issue with rivers ? The graphic installer indeed should be in the main EUIII directory.

I guess, in some cases, there might be an issue between the Graphic Mod Switcher and Vista. Can any Vista user tell me if it's possible ? and if yes, what is the solution, please ?
    I got no problems, but if a user has UAC controle activated it could in theory give some problems.. Solution would be to disable the UAC (Google for a guide), or run the graphic installer as a administrator..
    Last edited by gigau; 02-03-2010 at 15:10.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Despite all attemps, i can't get the Graphic Mod Switcher to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Issue
    Despite all attemps, i can't get the Graphic Mod Switcher to work...
    ---------Manual Map Install (ToT)---------
    Written by thsmar
    The map mod files go into vanilla/gfx folder. This is for TOT, but the same can be done for HDM (just replace TOT by HDM, in the following steps).

1) If you make any changes to your vanilla copy, I'd recommend backing up your vanillaEU3/gfx folder somewhere

2) Navigate to your /EU3vanilla/mod/MEIOU/Graphic Mod Switcher/
    ---> This folder may be under /mod or /MEIOU; I moved my folder into MEIOU

3) Select the folder ToT_3.0_files

4) Under ToT_3.0_files\gfx --> copy the fonts folder to EU3vanilla\gfx\fonts\
    [you may already have this font installed]

---Need to check on the next few steps, I'm forgetting what directory they install in. I believe you can install them into MEIOU and have them working; but if not, you'll have to install into the vanillaEU3. Again, make sure you backup any folders you make changes to (I just zip/compress them and keep them in the Paradox Interactive folder)

5) Under Tot_3.0_files\gfx --> copy the files in the /FX folder to either MEIOU\gfx\fx folder or [?Caution?\EU3vanilla\gfx\fx]

6) Under ToT_3.0_files\map\ --> copy the terrain folder contents to \mod\MEIOU\map\terrain folder or [?Caution?\EU3vanilla\map\terrain]

7) Under Graphic_Mod_Switcher\ToT_Colormap --> you can choose to install these, I don't believe you really need to though? anyways:
    --> colormap.dds and colormap_water.dds to \mod\MEIOU\map\terrain\ or [?Caution?\EU3Vanillia\map\terrain\]

Similar process for HDM.

Default MEIOU folder assumed the EU3vanilla folder listed belowed
    \EU3\mod\MEIOU
    .\Graphic_Mod_Switcher
    ..\Tot_3.0_Files
    ..\ToT_Colormap

Default EU3vanilla folder = C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\

Recommend keeping UAC off in Vista or you'll find mods more challenging to install. The folder above is for XP.

If changing vanilla files, back up the gfx folder before proceeding. This will change the map for all mods and vanilla.

Vanilla = the game without mods, the basic version out-of-box (patched, etc.) / or in other words, the main game folder without mods

Last edited by gigau; 02-03-2010 at 15:09.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Graphic Mod Switcher won't work with Windows 7

Original thread

Quote Originally Posted by Derahan View Post
    hi, i really love to play meiou but i cant play it since when i use graphic installer it says it cant retrive the files so i cant start the game :/ it worked for me on windows xp but not on ym new windows 7
    I guess this has to do with how Windows7 works... and i can't help you much as i don't have this OS on either of my computers (on one i'm with good ol' XP, and on the other i went for linux ).

This thread shall be stickied and renamed to avoid repetition of the question.

Here is a workaround suggestion i can offer :

The Graphic_Mod_Switcher directory has the following folders you need to know about :
    • HDM_2.11_files
    • HDM_2.21_files
    • TOT_3.0_files
    • Original_3.x

• HDM_colormap
    • TOT_colormap
    • Vanilla_colormap

• AMMapBold
    • AquilineTwo
    • Tahoma

In DarkRed folders, those are the graphic mods. Pick the mod you wish. Open the directory accordingly : you'll have two folder gfx and map. Copy those two to the main EUIII directory, accepting the overwrite of the original files.
    Use the Original_3.x folder to revert back to vanilla view.

Use the Blue folders to install the correct colormap files in your \mod\MEIOU\map\terrain\ folder.

The Lime folders will enable you to choose the font on the map (it is optional). You should put the two files in the folder you choose in the \EUIII\gfx\fonts\ folder, accepting overwrite. Note that "Tahoma" is the vanilla font.

Last edited by gigau; 02-03-2010 at 15:09.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

How can i play MEIOU on a Mac computer ?

Original thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wawanee
    Hi Gilles!

I actually had a lot of troubles in the beginning. MEIOU somehow ruined the graphics and all I could see was white provinces on a white background. I did a lot of research and finally found a TOT 3.0 Version for mac. But one could not use two mods, so I tried to combine both mods by replacing or extending the documents. But that did not work out either.

TOT 3.0 worked without problem when using it as the only mod.

I finally found a project called Partisan in VPLTD's Forum. VPLTD is the company that ported EU 3 to MacOS X. Partisan actually combines mods to a single mod and starts EU 3. Since I use Partisan I don't have any problemes anymore. So here's all I know at the moment...

Greetings from Austria

Wawanee
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Colonization distances are all wrong.

Colonization distances are all wrong.
    Go to you "Europa Universalis 3/map" folder and delete the "cache" folder therein. Then go to your "MEIOU/map" folder and delete the cache there, too. This should fix the problem. Just remember to delete those two cache folders once in a while (they regenerate each time you load the game).

•

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Can i create a shortcut to directly launch MEIOU ?

---------Game Shortcut---------

Target
    "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\eu3game.exe" -mod MEIOU

Start In
    "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III"

•

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Can you tell me how to install this mod on Steam ?

From Greenfox!'s thread :

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfox! View Post
    well it involves going into -program files - steam - steamapps- common -EUIII file- and copying the parch and the mod in there ... then using a program like 7 zip copy the official paradox file first then copy the mod..

then go to steam games (main steam page )
    right clik EUIII - properties - Local files - verify integreaty of game cache.. it takes a few minutes....

then the only way to in fact launch the game is to go back to the program files where you unzipped..
    select the paradox icon you will get a window (a launcher ) 2 options are available in the tab at the bottom .. launch in Original or Mieiou.

Of course dont forget to change the graffics (explained in the forum by the moders)

Addition by Zolotaya :

Quote Originally Posted by Jhvh
    ... Steam will update a fresh install of Complete + HTTT to 4.0. I then downloaded the 4.1b beta patch, extracted it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete (which is where steam places the files), and extracted MM Ultimate to the mod folder, and ran it from EU3.exe in said folder.

Note that if you launch it from steam, it runs eu3game.exe which starts the game, and for some insane reason when I copy EU3.exe to Windows 7's game folder it won't show MM on the drop down. Making a shortcut of EU3.exe and putting it on my desktop does show MM in the drop down. So if you're not seeing it, try running it from the EU3 folder and check if that fixes it.
    Last edited by gigau; 08-03-2010 at 09:04.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

The map stays white, the game is unplayable.

If you installed the mod correctly, you should have a "Graphic Selector" bat file in the EUIII main directory. Open it. It'll give you the possibility of installing TOT or a version of HDM, as graphic view of the map.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

With v4.0.7a or v4.0.8a, i get a crash when quitting MEIOU...

A crash on quitting is a reported bug for the HT³x v4.1 of february 27th.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Unstickied, but linked to in the stickied [Important threads] post.
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries

Can i use the MEIOU graphics with vanilla HTTT ?

•

Closed Thread