+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 762

Thread: Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

  1. #241
    One thing to try is to remove the 45 suffix for the DFR_45. file (rename it) See if this forces a load of the dfr_1936.ai file. Then add a command for DFR to load a the new file, which could be named something like 'dfr_CW.ai'. I have some events you can borrow from my Cold War mod so you can immediately free DFR from the doomsday scenario for quick testing to verify whether the fixes work. Anyway it seems as though from reading of the posts that we will attempt to resolve the issue through database fixes, and only resort to EXE changes if this fails.
    Cold War Extension Final for Arma 1.3 via Mediafire via Rapidshare
    Cold War Extension Forum for Arma 1.3 NEW! Cold War Extension Forum - Arsenal of Democracy
    Download Cold War/Modern Day Extension 0.18 for AoD Mediafire via DepositFiles NEW! AOD Skins
    New Revolters for AoD Fatherland Scenario
    and New Revolters are now included in the Cold War Extension
    Play HOI2 in higher resolution--Forum
    Download 1024 1280 or 1600 widescreen skins Rapidshare Mediafire
    "I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.'" -- Mao Zedong (1964.Jul.10)

  2. #242
    Prof. of Confederate Modding CSABadass's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Confederate States of America
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    One thing to try is to remove the 45 suffix for the DFR_45. file (rename it) See if this forces a load of the dfr_1936.ai file. Then add a command for DFR to load a the new file, which could be named something like 'dfr_CW.ai'. I have some events you can borrow from my Cold War mod so you can immediately free DFR from the doomsday scenario for quick testing to verify whether the fixes work. Anyway it seems as though from reading of the posts that we will attempt to resolve the issue through database fixes, and only resort to EXE changes if this fails.
    Right now, there isn't a dfr_45.ai file, but I'm wondering if there shouldn't be.

    Maybe there's some line of code that looks for a '45 dated file after 1944 and if it can't find one, loads the default ai.

    Not saying that's the answer (I really don't know), but it would explain all.

    And I will check out your cold war mod--thanks for sharing!
    Deo Vindice Mod (Play as the CSA in HoI3: Their Finest Hour):
    Read about it here. Download it here.

  3. #243
    Darkest Hour Developer MartinBG's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,790
    AI files that are supposed to be loaded on country creation should match these criteria:

    1. Should be located into the "ai" sub-folder
    2. Should be named in either of those two formats:
    a. CountryTag_Year.ai (GER_1936.ai, FRA_1941.ai and so on)
    b. CountryTag.ai (GER.ai, FRA.ai and so on)

    The game engine will search first for files in 2a format starting from the current game year and going back to -10 years (if it is 1945 and we're creating FRG the search will start with GER_1945.ai, GER_1944.ai, GER_1943.ai, GER_1942.ai and so on to GER_1936.ai).

    If there is no such file found it will check for 2b (GER.ai).

    If there is no file that match any of 2a or 2b formats the engine loads either of these:
    1. default.ai - for ENG, FRA, GER, ITA, SOV, SPR, SPA, TUR, JAP, CHI, POL, NZL, CAN, AUS, USA
    2. minor_default.ai - for the rest


    As far I can see the problem in your game is most probably because DFR has been released after 1945 and because the AI file is named dfr_1936.ai it has not been loaded (more then 10 game years "old") and minor_default.ai is loaded instead. To fix this you should either create a new (or more then one) dfr_19xx.ai file(s) using later year(s) or remove the year from ai file's name (dfr.ai)
    Last edited by MartinBG; 13-05-2009 at 04:37.

  4. #244
    So renaming the dfr_1936.ai file to dfr.ai should do the trick. Eh?
    Also jet technologies should not be on the minor default ignore list because eventually EVERYONE needs them. They don't have to be preferred, they just need to be NOT IGNORED.
    Last edited by nomonhan; 13-05-2009 at 04:56.
    Cold War Extension Final for Arma 1.3 via Mediafire via Rapidshare
    Cold War Extension Forum for Arma 1.3 NEW! Cold War Extension Forum - Arsenal of Democracy
    Download Cold War/Modern Day Extension 0.18 for AoD Mediafire via DepositFiles NEW! AOD Skins
    New Revolters for AoD Fatherland Scenario
    and New Revolters are now included in the Cold War Extension
    Play HOI2 in higher resolution--Forum
    Download 1024 1280 or 1600 widescreen skins Rapidshare Mediafire
    "I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.'" -- Mao Zedong (1964.Jul.10)

  5. #245
    Prof. of Confederate Modding CSABadass's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Confederate States of America
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    1) So renaming the dfr_1936.ai file to dfr.ai should do the trick. Eh?
    2) Also jet technologies should not be on the minor default ignore list because eventually EVERYONE needs them. They don't have to be preferred, they just need to be NOT IGNORED.
    1) I always thought there had to be a date in the name for it load without an event, but now I bow to MartinBG's demonstrably greater knowledge.

    2) For the most part, I agree, but there are some nations without substantial airforces within the HoI timeframe, or even in-game airbases for that matter. For some, building an airforce of any kind is quite a drain on their ICs--not to mention the countries that have no easy access to oil.

    Ideally, some zealot(s) should script AI files for all the minors, but that's a cat I'm not going to bell anymore than I already have.
    Deo Vindice Mod (Play as the CSA in HoI3: Their Finest Hour):
    Read about it here. Download it here.

  6. #246
    Prof. of Confederate Modding CSABadass's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Confederate States of America
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBG View Post
    AI files that are supposed to be loaded on country creation should match these criteria:

    1. Should be located into the "ai" sub-folder
    2. Should be named in either of those two formats:
    a. CountryTag_Year.ai (GER_1936.ai, FRA_1941.ai and so on)
    b. CountryTag.ai (GER.ai, FRA.ai and so on)

    The game engine will search first for files in 2a format starting from the current game year and going back to -10 years (if it is 1945 and we're creating FRG the search will start with GER_1945.ai, GER_1944.ai, GER_1943.ai, GER_1942.ai and so on to GER_1936.ai).

    If there is no such file found it will check for 2b (GER.ai).

    If there is no file that match any of 2a or 2b formats the engine loads either of these:
    1. default.ai - for ENG, FRA, GER, ITA, SOV, SPR, SPA, TUR, JAP, CHI, POL, NZL, CAN, AUS, USA
    2. minor_default.ai - for the rest


    As far I can see the problem in your game is most probably because DFR has been released after 1945 and because the AI file is named dfr_1936.ai it has not been loaded (more then 10 game years "old") and minor_default.ai is loaded instead. To fix this you should either create a new (or more then one) dfr_19xx.ai file(s) using later year(s) or remove the year from ai file's name (dfr.ai)
    This confirms my subsequent research as well. Thanks for the info!

    Should probably rename the new AI files for IND, the DFR and RSI in the patch to just IND.ai, DFR.ai and RSI.ai, then.
    Last edited by CSABadass; 13-05-2009 at 05:59.
    Deo Vindice Mod (Play as the CSA in HoI3: Their Finest Hour):
    Read about it here. Download it here.

  7. #247
    Captain Julle64's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Semper FiSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    481
    I just found one curiosity when playing as Soviet Union. During the great officer purge some leaders (e.g. Rokossovsky) were purged although their start date is years after the purge. Is this intended and what happens if I purge for example Rokossovksy, who should appear later at 1940? Does he still appear or not?

    p.s. I have Cold War Tech Tree mod installed but this shouldn't be an issue.

  8. #248
    Anybody and I mean anybody can be caught in the Purge. This is true for both vanilla and my mod. Not being yet alive provides no escape.
    Cold War Extension Final for Arma 1.3 via Mediafire via Rapidshare
    Cold War Extension Forum for Arma 1.3 NEW! Cold War Extension Forum - Arsenal of Democracy
    Download Cold War/Modern Day Extension 0.18 for AoD Mediafire via DepositFiles NEW! AOD Skins
    New Revolters for AoD Fatherland Scenario
    and New Revolters are now included in the Cold War Extension
    Play HOI2 in higher resolution--Forum
    Download 1024 1280 or 1600 widescreen skins Rapidshare Mediafire
    "I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.'" -- Mao Zedong (1964.Jul.10)

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    Anybody and I mean anybody can be caught in the Purge. This is true for both vanilla and my mod. Not being yet alive provides no escape.
    This is not an answer.

  10. #250
    Ok, so if you lose someone super important, ie Zhukov, how can you wake him?
    "If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

    Bloody, Bloody Sunday WWCLIII

  11. #251
    Marshal of ***33 koenig12's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron III

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in south of France
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by son of liberty View Post
    Ok, so if you lose someone super important, ie Zhukov, how can you wake him?
    You can't

  12. #252
    Nexus 6
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canaduh
    Posts
    4,391
    Russia is just stuffed full of good generals. Zhukov is but one. As long as any one Vassilevsky, Konev or Rokossovsky survive Russia has an able PL commander with higher command potential.
    March on, join bravely, let us to't pell-mell. If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.

    New East is Red Beta for Armageddon 1.3beta2: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- Version 1.3b.rar.

    Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.3a or earlier to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b
    EIR: Answers to "WTF is with these TP's?" and other questions.
    Goering's Delay: An East is Red Mod multiplayer AAR

  13. #253
    If they were put in the dormant leaders section and awoken after the purge would that protect them?
    Cold War Extension Final for Arma 1.3 via Mediafire via Rapidshare
    Cold War Extension Forum for Arma 1.3 NEW! Cold War Extension Forum - Arsenal of Democracy
    Download Cold War/Modern Day Extension 0.18 for AoD Mediafire via DepositFiles NEW! AOD Skins
    New Revolters for AoD Fatherland Scenario
    and New Revolters are now included in the Cold War Extension
    Play HOI2 in higher resolution--Forum
    Download 1024 1280 or 1600 widescreen skins Rapidshare Mediafire
    "I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.'" -- Mao Zedong (1964.Jul.10)

  14. #254
    Darkest Hour Developer MartinBG's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,790
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    If they were put in the dormant leaders section and awoken after the purge would that protect them?
    I think so, but I'm not 100% sure (I did the wakeleader fix many months ago), so better test it.

  15. #255
    Yes it works I just tested it by making Zhukov dormant, intentionally including him in the event, manually firing the event and waking him and he's there!
    So what other high profile Soviet generals should be thus saved from the purge? Certainly Rossokovsky, Konev and anybody who historically developed doctrines for them I think.
    Cold War Extension Final for Arma 1.3 via Mediafire via Rapidshare
    Cold War Extension Forum for Arma 1.3 NEW! Cold War Extension Forum - Arsenal of Democracy
    Download Cold War/Modern Day Extension 0.18 for AoD Mediafire via DepositFiles NEW! AOD Skins
    New Revolters for AoD Fatherland Scenario
    and New Revolters are now included in the Cold War Extension
    Play HOI2 in higher resolution--Forum
    Download 1024 1280 or 1600 widescreen skins Rapidshare Mediafire
    "I have talked to my Japanese friends. They said, 'We are sorry, the Imperial Japanese army invaded China.' I told them, 'No! If your Imperial army did not occupy half of China, the people of China would not have united against you, and the Chinese Communist Party will not be in power today.'" -- Mao Zedong (1964.Jul.10)

  16. #256
    While I don't have a problem with a specific instance of the game being edited to protect Russian generals, I like how the 'default' version incorporates an element of randomness. Stalin's purges weren't a precisely directly program, there were significant elements on randomness. I like the fact that this is represented in the game.

    If any generals should be protected then I'd favour it be the first cavalary army men (Timoshenko, Budenny etc).

  17. #257
    HOI2 Arma Patch Prj Manager coreymas's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Supreme Ruler 2020Hoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBG View Post
    I think so, but I'm not 100% sure (I did the wakeleader fix many months ago), so better test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    Yes it works I just tested it by making Zhukov dormant, intentionally including him in the event, manually firing the event and waking him and he's there!
    So what other high profile Soviet generals should be thus saved from the purge? Certainly Rossokovsky, Konev and anybody who historically developed doctrines for them I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoptolemus View Post
    While I don't have a problem with a specific instance of the game being edited to protect Russian generals, I like how the 'default' version incorporates an element of randomness. Stalin's purges weren't a precisely directly program, there were significant elements on randomness. I like the fact that this is represented in the game.

    If any generals should be protected then I'd favour it be the first cavalary army men (Timoshenko, Budenny etc).
    This is not going to be changed. It has been this way since the first version of HOI2.

    Sorry.
    Corey
    HOI2 Arma Patch Project Manager

    All in good time... All in good time.... In reference to patches.

    I Git thar the fastest with the mostest........... Lieutenant General Nathan Bedford Forrest

    "Can not run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite. Zathras is finite. This is wrong tool."

  18. #258
    Hi,

    Noted the following in the change log:

    "- Fixed an issue with unit modifiers loaded from INC files at scenario start (used in some mods)"

    What did you fix here? We had previously been using commands such as this:

    seaattack = 37

    Unfortunately it didn't seem to work at all. Will this now work? Any details would be appreciated. thanks!

    mm

  19. #259
    Darkest Hour Developer MartinBG's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,790
    Hi dec152000,

    The fix is for terrain combat/movement unit modifiers loaded from INC files at scenario start. quintelosky's Mod34 use that for sure, but may be there are other mods that use this too.

    AFAIK the command you're referring to never worked in Armageddon (officially).

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by nomonhan View Post
    Yes it works I just tested it by making Zhukov dormant, intentionally including him in the event, manually firing the event and waking him and he's there!
    So what other high profile Soviet generals should be thus saved from the purge? Certainly Rossokovsky, Konev and anybody who historically developed doctrines for them I think.
    I personally just changed the start dates in my game for some of the important guys to 39 - so after the purges, but before the winter war. Of course that's no solution for people who want early wars, but I myself play mostly historical up to 41, so it works for me.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

    Grand Admiral of SKIF

    HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

    V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 38 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts