Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coreymas

HOI2 Arma Patch Prj Manager
47 Badges
Feb 2, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Find the new 1.3 Arma Beta 2 Patch here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402220

Old 1.3 Beat 1 General Comments thread

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390318

Notes:

I just wanted everyone to know that this is going to be the last Beta patch. There are no plans to make any EXE related changes before the final 1.3 patch is released. This means that making requests to add this, change that are not going to be considered. We have a deadline to meet and we cannot divert from that. All EXE bugs that are critical will be fixed as they are found.

Also we don't know when the final patch is going to be released so please do not ask because we cannot answer.

We do however want to hear continued feedback about the 1.3 Beta 2 patch. We do have the ability to make database related changes before the final patch is released. As such your gameplay comments, issues etc are most welcome.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Congrats to the patch team

Thanks for all the hard work. Now to download and delve in over the weekend! And here I thought this weekend would be boring. :D

I guess I am blind today. I do not see where to down load it. Can someone inform me please?

Maybe I am having a bad day, or Vista is just messing with me but the files will not over write the existing files. All the files do is "move". I had no trouble with the first patch. Maybe I should just call it a day and go to bed.

Maybe I am having a bad day, or Vista is just messing with me but the files will not over write the existing files. All the files do is "move". I had no trouble with the first patch. Maybe I should just call it a day and go to bed.

Did you install the game in the default folder c:\program files.... ?

If you did make sure you have UAC turned off and that you are and administrator on the machine.

Did you install the game in the default folder c:\program files.... ?

If you did make sure you have UAC turned off and that you are and administrator on the machine.
Why does UAC need to be turned off?
How do I turn it off? What is the difference between this patch and when I installed the first one? Same computer.

Great!

Upgrade is from 1.2 or from 1.3b1?

You can install this patch over a clean installation of Armageddon 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 beta.

MbahGondrong, there are changes in this version that make it incompatible with mods for previous Armageddon versions. EXE changes compared to 1.3 beta1 are very minor and all mods that already moved to 1.3 shouldn't have big problems to switch to 1.3 beta2.

J.T., you could load 1.3beta game in 1.3beta2 - there are no EXE changes that could cause problems, but there are many changes to DB and AI files that you'll miss until start a new game.

Awesome! What known issues, if any, still exists?

I didn't see anything about the unlimited resources bug in the changelog. You know where some islands produced unlimited resources.

I am having trouble understanding the changelog. What is new with 1.3b, and what is new with 1.3b2. Anyway that what is truly new could be highlighted in yellow, or something. Is the second changelog more properly titled 1.2a to 1.3b?

Also:

Added cores to Guangxi Clique in all its owned territory in the 1936 scenario, to prevent cede territory to Communist China bug.
Optimized Chinese tech development and military build to further accent land warfare.

Also, shouldn't you remove the Valkyrienet button from the final, since this option is no longer available with the company, and sometimes entering and then leaving will crash the game, in my experience.

Last edited:
I am having trouble understanding the changelog. What is new with 1.3b, and what is new with 1.3b2. Anyway that what is truly new could be highlighted in yellow, or something.

Changes since 1.3 beta1 are in the Partial Changelog - HOI2 Arma 1.3 Beta 1 to HOI2 Arma 1.3 Beta 2 list.

Full Changelog - HOI2 Arma 1.3 Beta 2 Patch contains all 1.3 beta2 changes compared to 1.2.