Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In my game as Germany Treaty of Munich just failed to fire despite meeting the conditions (all CZE provinces still belong to CZE, CZE is not allied and Germany is no puppet, not sure if I forget something or failed to see something). Basically it was a normal game till now.

CharonJr

Could not see anything about it in the patch notes
Could you please add 1280x1024 aswell as windowed mode in options please before 1.3 is final (leaves beta).
I know there are unofficial "hax" to do it and the shortcut --> windowed trick.
So it should be pretty easy to add it to options in game.

No I am sorry but we are not allowed to make that kind of change in the patch.

And by the way... not that easy of a fix.

Constanta willbe ours event

Is there a check to see if Romania and Bulgaria are at war?
It seems strange event fire if they are at war...

I will look into that. Should be an easy fix if it is not there.

Thank you for the "keep current administration" option in USA elections.

You are welcome.

Thanks for giving us this new Beta patch, it makes the wait for a final one not so long anymore:)

So I think that you are starting to make the game as bugfree as it can and that as much stuff as it can have is in, with the mandate you guys have at the Team.

You have really fixed alot of stuff and also put in some really good stuff.

So keep up the work guys:cool:

Marine

CLVs sea detection should still help with getting into range, but most likely not as much as before.

In my current game with the new patch I am trying to build a decent fleet as Germany and should have 2 CVL IIs when the war breaks out (only mid '38 currently) in order to see what they do now. But IIRC the "nerf" was already in beta 1.3 I.

CharonJr

Ok, so I tested applying positioning to CVL's directly, and at least as far as the technology statistics chart goes it does not have any effect, and they seem to have the same stats as Carriers. It might be possible to seperate the way these are applied and allow for positioning bonuses to be given to CVL's so that they are more than just cheap soaks that somewhat improve detection.

One more comment, but first a question. What happened to the American general Sommervel? As America's only starting full general with log wiz trait, he was very important in pre-war years. I haven't looked to see if he was just slept, but why was he removed at all? You took him out, but left all the old guards.

Now for the comment. Have you guys ever heard of the law of unintended consequences? It is definitely invocable for this patch. Why you ask? When you revamped the intelligence feature, you made it very dependent on the interventionist slider. You also made it much harder for USA to "gear up" with said changes. In order to have any effect on any of the major powers with intel missions, USA MUST become more interventionist. The unintended result? I can generally join the allies in 38with 3 sliders, nanjing massacre, and just 1 lucky event(great war demonstration or something). Was this part of your plan? Or an unintended consequence?

So, if you move 3 interventionism, one for each year you mean?

In EIR we stuck isolationism events in to prevent USA from front end loading the game balance.

I´ve got a very strange problem with the Beta 2 Patch. I installed it over a vanilla Arma 1.3 Beta 1 game. but as soon as i start a new game, the Checksum is changing to a new one and result in a crash after a couple of game months.

I´ll delete Armageddon and reinstall it to see if this error still happens. Or maybe Vista is playing tricks on me but UAC and other Vista stuff is turned off...

In my game as Germany Treaty of Munich just failed to fire despite meeting the conditions (all CZE provinces still belong to CZE, CZE is not allied and Germany is no puppet, not sure if I forget something or failed to see something). Basically it was a normal game till now.

CharonJr
Did the Anschluss fire normally (i.e., Austria Annexed)? Was Germany at war?

I had to trigger event 2030 manually, but I am not sure if this is Anschluss or Treaty of Munich.

I am fairly sure that Germany was not at war at the time for Munich (have to take a look later when I got Japan in the Axis to be really sure, but I think it was after the Munich Treaty).

Also I had to trigger Claiming Memel (event 2008) manually since it didnt fire but this might be due to me having allied with Japan (at war with Nat.Chi.) in the meantime. Have to take a look at the conditions for Claiming Memel.

CharonJr

Now for the comment. Have you guys ever heard of the law of unintended consequences? It is definitely invocable for this patch. Why you ask? When you revamped the intelligence feature, you made it very dependent on the interventionist slider. You also made it much harder for USA to "gear up" with said changes. In order to have any effect on any of the major powers with intel missions, USA MUST become more interventionist. The unintended result? I can generally join the allies in 38with 3 sliders, nanjing massacre, and just 1 lucky event(great war demonstration or something). Was this part of your plan? Or an unintended consequence?
I don't understand -- those slider moves were possible before and after the beta patch. What's the "unintended consequence" here?

Siam ai

Playing JAP in '36 campaign 1.3 b2

SIAM AI does nothing except defending frontier.
Before, troops were invading burma to west and heading south in direction of Singapore.

I saved and reloaded and its the same.

Playing JAP in '36 campaign 1.3 b2

SIAM AI does nothing except defending frontier.
Before, troops were invading burma to west and heading south in direction of Singapore.

I saved and reloaded and its the same.

Historically all Siam did was defend it's territory.

Smearing and sabotage happen far too often. I reduced the percentage for each to 5 and I'm still getting hit, just not as often. The successful attempts are those from countries next door.

Crashes

I updated from Beta1, and after two month the game crashes (playing as germany), started a new game same result (before the game was not crashing at all) tried reinstalling and started a new game... same results.

Anybody experiencing the same?? I'm Using xp

Smearing and sabotage happen far too often. I reduced the percentage for each to 5 and I'm still getting hit, just not as often. The successful attempts are those from countries next door.
The AI's tendency to do spy missions was already toned down in this patch version. What is your spy level? (Up to level 10 gives you a counter-espionage bonus), did you research en/decryption techs?

Neighbours have a higher chance to succeed in spy missions, so what you are seeing is "normal" behaviour.

I updated from Beta1, and after two month the game crashes (playing as germany), started a new game same result (before the game was not crashing at all) tried reinstalling and started a new game... same results.

Anybody experiencing the same?? I'm Using xp

Seems like a bad install. What checksum do you get?