• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bombinator

Sergeant
55 Badges
Aug 31, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
I'm not a huge fan of the title "The Tide has Turned" for the 1943 scenario. I would much rather have the title "High Tide." I'm sure I'm going to have a few people tell me that I am picky and I can't always get what I want but I just want to see what other people have to say about the different title. I just think "High Tide" it sounds a little more serious and epic than the tide has turned. Also, the battle of Stalingrad and Midway were knows as the high tide of Germany and Japan respectively.

Edit: Changed 1942 to 1943, my mistake

Last edited:
Why not use a part of the famous Churchill-quote and call it "End of the beginning" ?

Why not use a part of the famous Churchill-quote and call it "End of the beginning" ?

That would also be good. I'm pretty much saying anything would be better than "The Tide has Turned"

LOL I think this in incredibly picky but if you want opinions I like the Churchill "end of the beginning" more than High Tide... that just sounds weird when it is not in a full sentence. The Tide has Turned is a common phrase in WW2 history and encapsulates the feeling of that start date.

I'm going out on the limb here and say that I prefer "The tide has turned". It's more fitting given what has happened IMO.

I'm going out on the limb here and say that I prefer "The tide has turned". It's more fitting given what has happened IMO.

Its not that the title doesn't accurately describe what was going on at that time. Its that it doesn't have that epic feeling that titles such as "The Road to War", "The Gathering Storm", and "Götterdämmerung" have.

Its not that the title doesn't accurately describe what was going on at that time. Its that it doesn't have that epic feeling that titles such as "The Road to War", "The Gathering Storm", and "Götterdämmerung" have.

Guess it could always be rephrased into a more Gandalfish style with "The turn of the tide"

What's with the water fetish? Why not just "Turning Point"?

Other ideas:
-Reversal of Fortune(s)
-Turning Tides
-Counterattack (cheesy/inaccurate?)

In any case, "The End of the Beginning" is a much better choice than the one now. 2nd Alamein (1942) was the subject of the quote and it was quite obviously a turning point, or turn of the tide for the Commonwealth.

I always love the Churchill quotes.
So I too think that "The End of the Beginning" is perfect.

Year In Which Many Died, But Not The Years Prior, And Not Those After

:rofl:

It's the end of the beginning of the end of the beginning.