• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ivan Rogov

Lt. General
43 Badges
Jun 1, 2004
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
The Rise of the Bear
An Attempt at a Grand Russian Campaign
1066-1964
378413.jpg

ryazan.jpg

Part I: Sufficient Courtiers are Hard to Find

Pereyaslav, capital of the Principality of Pereyaslavl, Southern Kievan Rus, January 1, 1067

"Boishe moi! Stop this incessant nagging!"
We currently have no Diocese Bishop...
"I am well aware of that!"
We currently have no Diocese Bish..."
"STOP!! OK, Yuselivich is the Bishop now!! He has *negative* piety!! Are you happy!?!?"
We have no Marshal for our forces..."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Last edited:
deus vult ?

anyway i'll keep watching this.

i know this is probably a wrong place to ask it, but has there ever been a successful grand campaign from crusader kings up to hoi2 ? any country ?

deus vult ?

anyway i'll keep watching this.

i know this is probably a wrong place to ask it, but has there ever been a successful grand campaign from crusader kings up to hoi2 ? any country ?

there has been at least one in MP: The Great Game

Other than that I think there have been a few but I don't know for sure

cossack.jpg

Part II: Pereyaslavn Prosperity and Political Power Permutations, 1069 - 1076

twofield-1.jpg

political_change_1074-1.jpg

prosperity_1074-1076-1.jpg

Only Kingdom Come on the SA forums, google it.
It's a really good read, I'd recommend it.

But I've yet to see a completed one in Paradox land, so I'm watching this, don't let it die.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for this one, but i wouldn't mind some text with the screenshots ;)
and i'm right about to google the great campaigns :p
i guess it's possible i won't have any sleep today :D

IMG_5477.jpg

Part III: 1079-80: A Loyal Steward Rewarded, and a Daughter Becomes a Diva

rewardsteward_daughterdiva_1079--1.jpg

"Why am I so depressed? I'm a Princess, and Princesses can have anything they want!! Daddeeeeeee!!!!"

"Yes, sweetpea? I'm so glad you're not sad anymore! What would you like?"

"I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes
And sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how, I want it now
Don't care how, I want it now!!"

veruca.jpg

*Vseovlod does facepalm*

Nice

I don't know what I am doing wrong! I try and create a table of contents, but no matter what post count I put in the URL, it keeps going to the same one!!!! :mad::mad:

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. :p

Last edited:
2322414860_ab1989e666.jpg

Part IV: The War against Chernigov

In 1081, Chernigov became involved in a war with the Cumans. All seem to be going well for Chernigov at first, but then the bulk of the Cuman forces, which had been fighting a secondary war with the Mordvins, arrived and sacked Chernigov. They lost two counties in a humiliating defeat, and then to add insult to injury, the Lithunian and Baltic tribes that had lost land to Chernigov in previous wars, took advantage of their weakened status and attacked. Armies that had just started to rebuild from the Cumans were forced to scrape together what they could and head off to fight the pagans.

Pereyaslavl, also seeing an opportunity, declared war on Chernigov as well. The pagan Mordvins, seeing the Pereyaslavn mobilization, attempted to seize Mozhyzk, forcing Vseovlod to deal with them first. God was on our side, and by the end of 1083, Mozhyzk was saved and the lands formerly ruled by Chernigov paid scutage to Pereyaslavl.

wars_1083-1.jpg

Last edited:
First Intermission: The Status of Europe in the Year of our Lord 1084

europe3-1.jpg

Germany has ceased to exist. Heresy by Henry IV was followed by excommunication, which caused all of his vassals to quickly abandon him in what became a massive civil war. When it was over, Bavaria controlled the center; Brandenburg, Saxony and Thuringia in the north; Carinthia and Austria in the southeast; Lower Lorraine in the northeast; Toscana, Lombardy, Ferrara, Pisa, and a collection of smaller Italian states rule there.

Hungary also suffered from Realm Duress, but King Salamon has managed to hold on to power and even take part of Maldovia from the Pechenegs.

Bohemia became of victim of the first Crusade against Alexandria, losing their own central counties while all their own troops were in the Nile Delta.

England, France and Poland remain strong. Castille and Barcelona have had success in taking back most of Iberia from the Moors.

On the home front, the greatest threat comes from the Cumans and possibly from the Turks, who conquered Constantinople five years ago...

get strong as fast as it's possible. you'll be the european shield against the mongols.
get the poles before they get too strong. the pagans in finland/baltics are always easy pickings with enough manpower.

get strong as fast as it's possible. you'll be the european shield against the mongols.

What, you honestly think I'd be foolish enough to play as a Russian with the Mongols left on? I switched them off with a # in Events.txt :p:D

As for Poland, they're seesawing back and forth against the pagans and just concluded a WP with Hungary. No concern there...yet.

What, you honestly think I'd be foolish enough to play as a Russian with the Mongols left on? I switched them off with a # in Events.txt :p:D

it'll just be too easy :p
you'll be able to make a WC even in CK with everything besides europe left out and you'll still conquer it :p

anyway russian history without the mongols seems.... odd... :p

lutsk-castle-2.jpg
in_fog.jpg

Part V: The Agony and the Ecstasy, 1087-1097

agony_ecstasy_1087-94.jpg

One precious daughter commits suicide due to being in love with the son of a rival family; another continuously berates her father with demands to be the Chancellor until she is threatened with exile; The Second Crusade successfully takes Jerusalem and a group calling itself the Templar Knights is created; the "Third Crusade" to retake Byzantion from the Turks ebbs out before it can really begin; a building boom takes place in Pereyaslavl.

Last edited:
2322430168_e3d2138773.jpg

Part VI: The War with Cuman, 1097-1098

WarwithCuman.jpg

It was, perhaps, inevitable: The Cumans declared war on us near the end of 1097. They had several claims on territory we had recently acquired through successful diplomatic parleys, most notably Chernigov and Kiev, who had revolted and declared themselves independent of the Cuman yoke. To state to the Cumans that these were Rus lands that have been populated with Rus people for hundreds of years would have been futile.

We were fortunate that every one of our vassals saw that this was a war that would decide whether or not they stayed under a hereditary Rus prince or virtual slavery under the Cuman pagans. All nobles remained loyal and committed their forces to fight Cuman.

The army from Smolensk, some 5200 strong, was ordered south to reinforce Pereyaslav against what was guaranteed to be a large combined Cuman force. The question was: would they make it in time? Reports were that the Cuman force in Sharukan was growing to be over 7000; would they strike Chernigov or Pereyaslav? With reinforcements, either one could hold out, but if we guessed wrong, it would be disastrous.

We did not have to guess, as God was on our side again. The force from Smolensk under Marshal Alexandr had a meeting engagement with a much smaller force marching from Jacwiez through Lyubech and throughly routed them. it was enough of a victory to persuade Sharu-khan into a white peace.

pirates06198ui.jpg

"Did someone say 'parlay?'"

Last edited: