+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of Empires - The Great Game (IN MP AAR)

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

Clash of Empires - The Great Game (IN MP AAR)

An Irishman, a Spaniard, a Czech, a Dane, an Indian and the Pope all walk into a bar...
    The Bartender looks up and says: "What the hell is this, some kind of joke?!"

The Scenario

1399 AD (Full Size Map)
    Major nations of the world have become heavily decentralized - Europe is still a breeding ground for feudalism and China is still trapped in a seemingly eternal struggle between three kingdoms. The time for war is upon us; Empires are there to be forged, the only question is who will forge them.

• France releases Normandy, Champagne, Guyenne, Toulouse and Dauphine as vassals.
    • Golden Horde releases Crimea, Zaporozhie, Sibir and Kazan as vassals.
    • England releases Wales, Cornwall and Northumberland as vassals.
    • Lithuania releases Ukraine and Polotsk as vassals.
    • Burgundy releases Flanders as a vassal.
    • Austria releases Tirol as a vassal.
    • Hungary releases Croatia as a vassal.
    • Sweden releases Finland as a vassal.
    • Castille releases Galicia as a vassal.
    • China broken into Qin, Wu and Xia.
    • All Irish Kings have cores on every Ireland province.
    • All cardinals start under control of the Pope.
    • Pirates disabled (too much lag for MP).

Rules of Engagement and Conduct:
    • Remembering that we are all friends in this game, stay polite and don’t aggravate each other!
    • Phony wars (for war taxes, keeping personal unions, etc) and other cheap tactics are heavily discouraged – don’t abuse the system like that…
    • War should be conducted in a friendly, civil manner – if it’s clear you’ve lost a war, offer some kind of tribute for peace. Try not to abuse your power by picking on vastly weaker nations. Don’t try and annihilate a nation completely and utterly even if you do beat them. Be fair and remember we all want to keep playing.
    • If someone can’t show but they insist we play anyway, try not to let their nation really change – if you’re forced into a war or they lose a war, try not to damage them permanently.
    • Development for a favourable AAR storyline is preferable to power-gaming – don’t just blob mindlessly, do try and keep something resembling historicity.
    • Common sense triumphs, let's just try to keep to what we feel is fair and we'll decide as a group if something is or is not fair.
    • Most importantly, try to have fun – that’s what is most important in this game, after all!

Coming Soon...
    Last edited by Saithis; 19-04-2009 at 17:18.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: Rome

This is going on my must read list.
    Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness

So time to edit this post :P Here I can put up my updates for this AAR:

Introduction Papal States - 1399

Part II Papal States - 1399-1406

Part III Papal States - 1406-1411
    Last edited by forodrova; 12-05-2009 at 18:35.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    If it doesn't work, Sai will have your head, foro
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Awesome! I hope you will be a worthy representative of the Danes and deliver some serious Viking butt-kicking, Sai !
    "A witty saying proves nothing"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Looks fun!!

Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

I always like these types of AARs, I'll be following.
    Last edited by Cyrus_The_Great; 19-04-2009 at 23:59.
    "If it's true, it probably ain't simple, and if it's simple, it sure as hell ain't true" - my old physics professor

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMount & Blade: Warband

Ahh.. Bohemian Rhapsody. I get it!

*Pats self on the back*

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

...The Spaniard keels over dead...

One casualty, some arguing and a conscripts later, we've got ourselves the makings of a game!

After five hours of arguing, restarts, more restarts, crashes, some more arguing, and at last a final recruit after it was clear our first host was the source of the problem...we sat down to play, having finally fixed pretty much all the problems. Then we realized we were out of time and people had to go soon. Saaaaaaad.

After that major cluster!%&* we had in the start, we literally got nowhere in the game, but we did basically get a pretty much defined set of players, nations, and a time to play. The game is a fairly closed set of friends, as we're xenophobic prats, but we wanted to make an AAR for the enjoyment of all. :3

I've prepared a short summary of the game; the first session will probably be Thursday Evening, but we hope to play regularly on Friday nights, as we'll have more time. Here's a quick rundown of the participants:

*Denotes a tie.
    Overall ratings are based on an semi-objective points system which is currently undergoing refinement - it gives a rough idea of achievement, but not necessarily power. I'll work on it when I have more time.

Land Area:
    • 1. Denmark 22 (16*)
    • 2. Delhi 12
    • 3. Burgundy 9 (6*)
    • 4. Bohemia 7
    • 5. Byzantium 2
    • 5. Papal States 2
    • 6. Leinster 1
    *Number in parentheses defines how much of that is the contribution from vassals or personal unions.

Economy:
    • 1. Burgundy 9.5 ducats/month
    • 2. Delhi 8.9 ducats/month
    • 3. Bohemia 6.7 ducats/month
    • 4. Denmark 5.1 ducats/month
    • 5. The Papal State 4.2 ducats/month
    • 6. Byzantium 2.5 ducats/month
    • 7. Leinster 0.8 ducats/month

Army:
    • 1. Bohemia 12,110/63,726 manpower - 1k Cavalry, 4k Infantry
    • 2. Denmark 13,894/14,408 manpower - 2k Cavalry, 5k Infantry
    • 3. Delhi 10,789/12,278 manpower - 1k Cavalry, 4k Infantry
    • 4. Burgundy 12,240/6,152 manpower - 2k Cavalry, 4k Infantry
    • 5. The Papal State 5,284/5,842 manpower - 2k Infantry
    • 6. Byzantium 2,569/3,484 manpower - 2k infantry
    • 7. Leinster 629/1,000 manpower - 1k Infantry

Navy:
    • 1. Denmark 6 Carracks, 9 Galleys, 11 Cogs
    • 2. Burgundy 3 Carracks, 2 Cogs
    • 3. The Papal State 5 Galleys, 2 Cogs
    • 4. Byzantium 2 Galleys, 2 Cogs
    • 5. Leinster 2 Cogs
    • 6. Delhi NONE
    • 6. Bohemia NONE

...as you can see, I apparently kick ass!

Realistically, I think that Bohemia is more deserving of a 1st place spot due to that massive manpower, but I'm working on fixing the rating system. This is just an opening, we haven't played yet, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll work on my own country's intro. We might get another recruit at some point but I doubt we'll be expanding beyond that. I hope all participants can introduce their nations before we start for real. Thanks to the interest showed so far - my fellow players, please feel free to post and reply to comments as you see fit!
    Last edited by Saithis; 20-04-2009 at 08:44.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Seems promising, subscribed

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

... The Irishman sits down on a barstool and orders a glass of whiskey. “So, what’s your story?” the barkeep asks, putting a glass of Scotch in front of the red-haired man. “Well...” the Irishman starts, taking a sip from his drink. “What the bloody hell is this, man!” he exclaims. “I wanted Irish whiskey, not this Scottish junk!”

================================================
    January, 1375
    ================================================

Art was a young man, 24 years of age. He just inherited the throne of Leinster from his father. A few days after the coronation, Art climbed up to the highest tower of his castle. He looked out over the vast lands of Eire. He had only just become King, but he already had great plans for his country. He knew what he must do, what his father would have wanted him to do.

On his deathbed, the late King had told Art, just before drawing his final breath: “My son, my time has come. I want you to rule my Kingdom. Take it to great heights. Do what I could not, realize my lifelong dream. Unite the Kingdoms of Eire and rule the Celtic Lands. That is my final wish. Make me proud, my boy.”

Art sighed, his father’s last words echoing through his mind. ‘One day,’ he thought. ‘One day, I will rule the whole of Eire. I will fulfil your wish, father, or die trying.’

And so the rule of Art I, King of Leinster, began.
    Last edited by Ilyavania; 06-05-2009 at 22:04.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized

... Says the Roman and sticks his tongue out to a passing Turk

And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way. For we shall win through… No matter the cost!
    - Arcuturus Mengsk, Coronation Speech, StarCraft

Letters from Byzantium

Chapter I: The times, they are a changing

(back ground music)

"For too long we have tolerated the foul presence of the Turks and Latins within our lands! For too long we have merely been a plaything of Fate! For too long we have been divided, quarrelling about ourselves! No longer this will be! For the times, they are a change! We have ordered the regas of Greece, the self styled lords of Naxos, Achaea and Cyprus to return into the Empire, will they fail to do so, they will be returned by arms! The time has come to reunite! The time has come for the Roman Empire to, like the phoenix, rise from its ashes!

Alea iacta est! It is time to march, return with your shield or on it!

By the Grace of God,
    Manuel II, Basileus Caesar"

- Manuel II's orders to the captains of the Imperial Guard, short before the triple war of October 19th 1399

Note: In the AAR itself I will refer to the Byzantine Empire as the Roman Empire, Empire of the Romans, Romania or Romais
    Last edited by Grubnessul; 04-05-2009 at 21:26.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis IV

... Guys, I think I'm in the wrong joke. Guys? I don't even drink!

Sultanate of Delhi

January, 820 After the Hijra

By all that is holy, Nusrat Shah truly hated Timur Lenk.

Half a year ago, he had sent an ultimatum: if the policy of tolerating the Hindus continued, he would take his mighty armies and march to Delhi himself. The thought seemed preposterous, the Hindus were paying their taxes just as ordained, until Nusrat had learned how Timur was low on treasure.

There was certainly that to be found in the vaults and palaces of Delhi, the city Nusrat's predecessors had painstakingly built to thrive on the shores of the Yamuna. Nusrat knew what would come next. There was no way to oppose him. The horde descended upon them from the northwest, and that was that. Nusrat had had no choice but to pack up his court and flee to Agra, while Timur and his men pillaged the city.

Now there was nothing but ruin. Watching Timur Lenk's last caravans of loot crawl away to the west, Nusrat Shah, the Sultan of Delhi, made a decision. For even though he had refused to oppress the people of Delhi, and even though Timur Lenk had used it as an excuse to take what was rightly his, he had preserved that which was most important: his Sultanate, and his subjects. To escape Timur with those intact must have been providence.

Yet they were already calling him the Sultan of Agra...

2009 Stanley Cup Champs Chicken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I love the antics involved in these Multiplayer AAR's. Hopefully you guys won't lose interest and this game will carry on for a long time!

Good Luck!
    “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” - Jon Stewart
    ---
    #21: You can silence me but there will be others. Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
    Dr. Killinger: It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
    #21: I did? Cool.

looks fantastic, i will personally be backing the modest Leinster, being the underdog...GO GO IRISH MINOR!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Anyone who uses a Stacraft quote is good in my books. I am rooting for Byzantium!!

If am rooting against your country, I mean no malice to you personally. Great idea...

I for one am rooting for

Byzantium- Go Roma!

Denmark- Because its played by Saithis.

Ireland- They gave the world Guiness. Now only if they go Reformed...

Burgundy- Rooting for underdogs (unless beer related or Roman) is waaay overrated.

Neutral:
    Bohemia: I don't really care what they do... just don't take the rightful Danish Baltic....

Rooting Against:

Delhi- India should be HINDU!!! Go hindu, and you go up to the "liked nations".Although I do sincerely hope that Timur loses your rightful land...

Pope- Theocracy=bad. Look at Iran. And the Deep South Not to mention, you own Roman lands, and are dirty lombard barbarians. Italia Romanum! Imperium Romanum Occidentalis and Orientalis as one! (Minus Hibernia, Lusitania, Gallia, Brittania and anything outside Italy, Africa and Middle East/Greece/Asia Minor.

Okay I don't have an intro yet so I should just reply on some people

@Byzantine glory: yay, we have fans before it really starts \o/

@Sweboy: I hope so too.

@yourworstnightm: Thank you ^^

@Cyrus_The_Great: I can imagine (I think)

@Grubnessul: hah you fell for it as well!

@Rabid Bogling: *pets Rabid Bogling on the back as well*

@Didaa: hope we wont fail you

@Chicken: Yes...our previous MP game ended...after playing 5 times...we might continue it one day tho...But for this one we made an actual plan when we play and such might help (a lot)

@Hannibal X: Booo :P The Papal states are way cooler We have Rome. And besides Papal states are Umbrian culture not Lombard

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Will Europe be divide between the three Bs? (Burgundy, Bohemia, Byzantium).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast