• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't want to mislead, but did anyone noticed that the province-colors in the "Terrain Mode" are slightly changed? Compare the two latest screenshots:

beta_apr8.jpg

beta_apr15_2.jpg

Can it be really true that the color of the terrain might be changing overtime from summer to winter etc.?

I have no opinion on this DD. Where are the really hot issues? Like choosing to abstract England because the map didn't look nice? Or battles being fought by dice roll? or RPG elements for your Hero's who lead the armies?

Whoo, a real Rzhev salient! :D
And the scenarios are cool too, of course. :p

Can it be really true that the color of the terrain might be changing overtime from summer to winter etc.?
IIRC this was a feature even in EU3, which came out a couple years ago. What's so hard to believe? :confused:

Don't want to mislead, but did anyone noticed that the province-colors in the "Terrain Mode" are slightly changed? Compare the two latest screenshots:

And the answer is:

The area southwest of Moscow.. in the winter.
;)

colour

I hope all countrys in HoI 3 will have different colours. In HoI 2 I cant see the difference between Japan and the Trance/Tarantella/Talalulla/Trancel/ something Tra like Republic. And a lot of other countrys.

I think we may need be more creative with the colours. Try to think of a yellow Japan with blue dots, grey Germany with purple stripes and a red USSR with yellow smiles:rofl:

And if you wonder, yes I am colour blind and Crusader Kings was a colour hell.

Options

"Normal", okey, but "AI Controlled". Is that something that can be changed as the game goes on?

Say I want to focus on one thing, and not really pay attention to diplomacy, can I set it to AI control, then as the game goes on and the war start, I change AI control of the Military to the computer (let's face it, moving armies around is just tedious and not the reason you bought the game)

Or how does the "Options" work?

Options

"Normal", okey, but "AI Controlled". Is that something that can be changed as the game goes on?

Say I want to focus on one thing, and not really pay attention to diplomacy, can I set it to AI control, then as the game goes on and the war start, I change AI control of the Military to the computer (let's face it, moving armies around is just tedious and not the reason you bought the game)

Well I think that when you save and select the save to start the game you will be able to change options again (and change coutry if you wish). It was possible in HoI2 IIRC.

Oh, and Difficulty, how will that work in the game since it's that screen being shown? Same as in the previous games?

Great update!

i like the transliteration. e.g. Serpuhov (Серпухов) Mosal'sk (Мосальск) - cf. "Serpukhov", "Mosalsk"

Will this pattern extended to Har'kov? Arhangel'sk? (Харьков, Архангельск - "Kharkov, Archangel[sk]")

But is this some strange Scandinavian bias against the letter 'y'? i ask because Вязьма does not yield Vyaz'ma but rather Viaz'ma. And Юхнов is shown as Juhnov rather than Yuhnov.
:p

Which sort of leads up to the question: is there a particular set-up Paradox plans to use?

Because depending on which way you go, you could wind up with Khrushchyov or Hruščëv. Both of which are Хрущёв - a man named Nikita who was preceded by Stalin and succeeded by Brezhnev.

IIRC this was a feature even in EU3, which came out a couple years ago. What's so hard to believe? :confused:
Reason is simple: I haven't played EU3, only HOI1 and HOI2DD and this feature was not there. And because I haven't seen any comment that it will be included in HOI3, then I was a bit confused if it's really true.;) So, great to see it is.

Options

I think it shouldnt be a problem. In all other p-games you could change difficulty
etc too (You had to save the game first though and load it again)

It seems to be, I guess it will be the same way as in EU3 since it is the same engine.

Sad there's no 1940 scenario. Poland is just a pushover. It would be interesting to fight the allies in the West with realistic troop numbers. On paper the allied and German armies were about equal. I've never had a HOI2 game where it was a challenge. Except that one time on VH when I did it in the middle of winter..... but that shouldn't even be possible.