• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Austria's colour definitely needs changing. Saying that it doesn't exist very long is a poor answer.

And I'm sad to see the 1940 scenario has gone - I was looking forward to jumping right in as France. :(

Nice info I guess, but generally negative changes, IMO.

I prefer starting in -38 or -39 as France. May 1940 setup for France would be too hard ;)

Love the choices for Scenarios! Especially 1943 sounds great (multiplayer here we come)

I basically always played the 1936 GC in HoI2, and probably will do so in HoI3.

Still, I think the other scenario points are well chosen for players who like to start the game at a later time point.

EDIT: Baneslave's correction. Oops :)

Last edited:
Still nothing about "Options" is it... Hmmm, well I hope that one can chose to change the options to and from "AI Control" as the game goes on.

I basically always played the 1936 GC in HoI2, and probably will do so in HoI3.

Still, I think the other scenario points are well chosen for players who like to start the game at a later time point.

same here, i like to start with early scenarios with building my country from the ground up, i am really looking forward to check the new features and customization options that have been added.

thou eventually i will probably end up playing a mod like MOD34, since Paradox focus on the war aspect of the game neglecting the home front build up.

They're no longer there

to bad that the 1940 and 1942 sceanrios are gone. But its fine with the basic start dates.

Random question, but I noticed how you said area around Moscow in winter and that made me think. I can't say I've played HOI, but in HOI2, really the only areas of the earth that had weather seemed to be parts of Europe and Russia ... I was wondering if weather (I'm talking the whole range, snow, rain, etc) will be truly global, so that it is always a factor throughout the game, from the Pacific to the Russian steppe?

I am pretty sure a variety of nations used airships similar to the Zeppelin for ASW spotting, their ability to stay airborne for long periods gives them a signifigant benefit to spotting submarines, combined with radio and you can use that intel to call in air strikes and divert shipping.

About what is technically feasible please see
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9383769&postcount=72
about what it could be done please see
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9563168&postcount=150

Great that there is more scenarios, but 1942 is needed. I feel that it is the most "balanced" scenario where it still isnt too late for the Axis albeit very difficult.

According to customer feedback the battlescenarios were not really used that much compared to even the later start times.

Accurate feedback. Frankly, the scenarios always felt like a "poor man's HoI" the way they focused narrowly on a particular battle. I don't think anybody plays HoI just to recreate a particular battle, there are many games out there that already do that well. HoI's strength has always been that you fight any of its battles in the context of a world struggle. Even if I was interested only in a particular campaign - say Barbarossa - I always played it inside the full campaign because I wanted the feeeling that my actions were affecting the entire world and vice versa. The scenarios lacked that all-important context.

Much as I like all the new provinces for game play and fighting battles, I'm wondering if this won't be something of a 'nightmare' when it comes to the build-up stage in one's country?

If one wants to build factories in Germany in 1936, and you click on the "Provinces" button, instead of 25 odd entries, you may have 100. And God help the player from the Soviet Union or the USA who will probably have to scroll through 1000 possibilities, each with IC factories, resources, manpower, etc. Then on the detail screen of each province all of the above plus ports, AA batteries, Airfields, etc.

We got away from some serious micromanagement when the game engine was switched from HoI-1 to HoI-2, and I hope that this issue is addressed, either by regional or intelligent AI handling of builds and 'province' IC and infrastructure control.

Solon

Bug in map

123q.jpg

Hello!
I am fan of HoI, HoI2 and all other your games. Recently was looking through Diaties of HoI3. Great!

But only now i noticed mistake in Russia ;)

You have province "Obninak". It is totally wrong.
At first, it has gramma mistake: the city in that place calls "Obninsk".
But to have such province in game is incorrect in any way. Obninsk was build up only in 1954 year, became city in 1956!

It is totally true becase i am from Obninsk ;)
Of couse, you can always check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obninsk

Please, rename this province to "Nara" or "Naro-Fominsk". This is old city, which was in this place on map from 1936 to 1964.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naro-Fominsk

Thank you. Hope, this mistake will be corrected.