• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
did my "less spam" translate to "more spam" in anybody else´s computer? :mad:
lol, there isn't much to say in response to this dev diary really. The ones that have been following interviews and previous diaries already know battle scenarios were out of the pictures and the rough reasons for why most proper scenarios would be nice to have.

Two sceenshots is always good to look at though. Ones on Soviet have been much awaited.

I guess we have been spoiled by to much unveiling of new cool game mechanic info in all the previous diaries :)

I think the scenarios are good enough without the battlescenarios.

I play the 1936 scenario 70%, the 1938 scenario for 20% and the other 10% are for the other scenarios.
So it's definately fine for me.

Can anyone please explain the choosable options in the option menu?
easy - normal - expert - AI control (?)

What does expert mean on production or technology compared to easy?

lol, there isn't much to say in response to this dev diary really. The ones that have been following interviews and previous diaries already know battle scenarios were out of the pictures and the rough reasons for why most proper scenarios would be nice to have.

Two sceenshots is always good to look at though. Ones on Soviet have been much awaited.

I guess we have been spoiled by to much unveiling of new cool game mechanic info in all the previous diaries :)

doesn´t mean you are allowed to spam.

That is a very nice screenshot of Russia. :D
And I would certainly want to try the 1943 scenario. :D

I'm an avid fan of this series and have bought pretty much every version of HoI. I've never once played the battle scenarios.

The reason HoI is great is the sweeping scope. A battlescenario focuses on one aspect of that sweeping scope and it just doesn't seem to really translate well into a fun experience.

I love the additional 2 time periods and cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.

I can understand that the battle scenarios aren't in. I didn't use them anyway and it will save you a lot of time, which can be used elsewhere now.

Very good decision paradox, I hope you will further improve the unpolished aspects (which are nodoubly still in) even more!

I can say Im very pleased with having all these good old scenarios once again. Ofcourse I never played anything beyond the Grand Campaign, but who knows :)

Cooool .D

I think Scenarios of later dates are great fun for multiplayer when you don't have always 3 or more hours to spend on a detailed prewar buildup all the time. Great decision Imo.

But shouldn't there be a Options button somewhere on the setup screen too?

I love the way Russia looks. With its new much larger size, both attacking AND defending Russia could be very interesting indeed :)

Eagerly awaiting the release of HOI3 :D

Austria's colour definitely needs changing. Saying that it doesn't exist very long is a poor answer.

And I'm sad to see the 1940 scenario has gone - I was looking forward to jumping right in as France. :(

Nice info I guess, but generally negative changes, IMO.

That's all I need in terms of scenarios!

The Afrikakorps was derived and formed upon Adolf Hitler's personal choice of Erwin Rommel to its command on February 12, 1941 (Rommel himself landed on African soil in Libya on February 14, 1941 to begin leading his forces that would be brought into action). The German Armed Forces High Command or Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW) and Army High Command or Oberkommando des Heeres (OKH) had decided to send a "blocking force" or Sperrverband to Libya to support the Italian army. The Italian army group had been routed by Commonwealth Force's counter-offensive led by the British Eighth Army, in Operation Compass. The German "blocking force", commanded by Rommel, at first consisted of only the 5./leichte "Afrika" Panzer Regiment, which was quickly cobbled together from the second regiment of the 3./Panzer Division and various other small units attached for water treatment and medical care. These elements were organized into the 5th Light Division when they arrived in Africa from February 10 to March 12, 1941. In late April and into May, the 5th Light Division was joined by transference of the various elements constituting the 15th Panzer Division from Italy, though it did not completely arrive until after Rommel had made a counter-offensive and re-taken most of Cyrenaica and then subsequently gone back over to the defensive. At this time, the Afrikakorps consisted of the two divisions plus various smaller supporting units, and was officially subordinated to the Italian chain of command in Africa (though Rommel had conducted his offensive without any authorization).

On August 15, 1941, the German 5th Light Division5./leichte "AFRIKA" Division was redesignated 21st Panzer Division (commonly written as 21./PD), still attached to the enlarged entity still known as the Afrikakorps

Bla di bla di da from wiki-pideia which brings me to my question.
if i started the Day of Imfamy campaign as Germany, I would expect these units to be in Africa, correct?

It's incredible how Johan and the other's paradox guys work.
They made completely moddable game, they made great previews of incoming ones, and first of all, the made GREAT games.

If all other software houses will work like paradox I think that piracy haven't a reason to exist.

Bla di bla di da from wiki-pideia which brings me to my question.
if i started the Day of Imfamy campaign as Germany, I would expect these units to be in Africa, correct?

Oddly enough, yes.

Yeah I guess Im just blind :p

And alot of other "complex" games like Civ4 that have several fullscreens full off options you can tweak make this seem very very thin.

for some weird reason people at our forums get upset with "random starts" and "non-historical behaviour"

and i think options like "random barbarian hordes" does not really fit ww2.

for some weird reason people at our forums get upset with "random starts" and "non-historical behaviour"

and i think options like "random barbarian hordes" does not really fit ww2.
Hehe ofcourse.

What Im hinting at is that even if almost everything is very easy to change in your text files, Perhaps only 20% at best of your players understands how this is done and can do it themselfs. Some doesn't even know that it can be done.

I belive adding the most common global ones of these like attrition, supply & partisan modifyers exc into an ingame option screen would give alot of additional value to the other 80% of players for not alot of work.

It would also give me alot of added multiplayer value since It could change these settings on 8 computers at once in a single click.