• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Foolish peasants. Send them to the front-line!

So i will. Operation peasant meat shield will commence.

stnylan said:
Got off to a roaring start and no mistake.

Well i got lucky with no invasion of Greece. I hate taking loans or minting extensively to fight wars of survival.

Update coming up

Ottomania part 6; Off to a roaring start.

A1: Hungary, Venice, Brandenburg and the Teutonic Order… Undefeatable my ***. Oh well nothing can be gained from either yet. A new plan:
EU3_33.jpg

And this includes a new land bridge to Hungarian Croatia.

Khiva dishonors our alliance. Ungrateful scum. Maybe someday we can pay them back.
EU3_34.jpg

Hungary is starting this war in a bad position. WE is already high and the total troop count is in favour of Ze Empire. Most of the troops probably won’t join the battle. In the ledger the total OE troop count can be seen:
EU3_35.jpg

The War plan:
EU3_36.jpg

Hungary gets a peace with Bohemia and earns a lot of money (for Me, A1 says). Imereti revolts again. The Imperial archives is moved and from 1422 and forth there is a lot of documentation on the progress of Ze Empire. God damn it is of course meant as Allah damn it.
The artist were of course ordered to guard sheep in Imereti wearing a big green crescent.

Hungary has an army, and what an army (Uhh). Were the hell is our commanders? (Oh in the 6k stack fighting rebels )
EU3_38.jpg

Initial encounter
EU3_39.jpg

Notice how the siege armies is left alone, because they have been place in the outer rim of Hungary.

Second encounter
EU3_39.jpg

Hungarys second stack is owning the Wallachian army. That’s good for me, as they will take attrition and Ze Empires sieges can progress undisturbed. The King A1 is in Banat. His shock skill should kill of the remaining Hungarians. Always have a shock general, while trying to annihilate enemy armies!! Because this was forgotten our armies take unnecessary attrition.
The army chases general Csák to Ersekujvar where the army is finally defeated.

Shortly after, on the 25 of July Hungary asks for a white peace. It is of course rejected.

The sieges of all safe provinces can begin. 1 k in every province is enough. 2k is better, as a little bit of attrition can be sustained. Remember there have to be more men for a siege to progress. This meaning a 1 regiment stack with 990 men can’t siege a lvl 1 fort with 1000. 3-4k stacks are placed in provinces where new regiments is build for the instant walkover. When the regiments has been destroyed some of our regiments will be given other tasks
EU3_42.gif

In the meantime someone is taught a lesson on tactics:
EU3_44.jpg

That province has given us quite a lot of trouble. Them and their Jedi Warriors *SIGH*

Another 1000 Hungarian MP down the drain, and a little bit of WE :
EU3_46.jpg

Montenegro is annexed on the 30th of January, as their one and only fortress falls.
Everything proceed according to the plan. Hungary’s 3 galley navy is sunk as Croatia falls. Hungary is still wandering around in Wallachia. The GH helps against our Jedi enemies in Imereti. So all seems fine, until:

The Khivan succession war!! Chagatai.. UHH. Their allies even dishonours, so they are alone. They will be completely ignored. (Damn I wanted revenge on Khiva, and what better revenge than raising war taxes only at their lands?!)

The situation in Hungary in January 1424:
EU3_53.jpg

Hungary rejoins the fun as Wallachia falls. That’s still a lot of horsies.
EU3_55.jpg

Wallachia is retaken – And everybody goes “WOW” in awe of our amazing technological progress!
EU3_56.jpg

The Horde annexes Pskov . Can the horde form Russia? Hungary is soon in deep shi… erh.. trouble. Look at that WE (PS. Ze Empire is also running war taxes):
EU3_57.jpg

Half reputation for conquering non-religion provinces … neat! Hungary is storming the fort in Transylvania, while our forces join up in Pecs. Preparing for the final battle.
EU3_58.jpg

21 August 1424 Burgas converts – Yay

Austria grants us Military access. Wait what?!
EU3_60.jpg

Abdulmalik I sees some more action. Breaking the siege in Transylvania:
EU3_61.jpg

A lot of marching between Partium and Transylvania follows. Greatly delaying the siege in Partium. At the 3rd battle of Transylvania the overrun finally happens.
EU3_64.jpg

Imereti again. Die devilbird!!!
EU3_66.jpg

28 August 1425 – Partium falls as the last bastion of Hungarian defence.
EU3_67.jpg

Peace is granted to Hungary for all of Croatia and a lot of nice gold.
EU3_68.jpg

The Golden Horde suffers another succession crisis. I thought I already offered them to join Ze Empire? This is bad as I will have to fight more Georgian nationalists. Reinforcements are coming !!!
EU3_70.jpg

Georgians fight better than Hungarians, even without being the official armies of that nation which does not even exist. :p
Eu3 IN makes the partisans better than the normal AI. :cool:

A good war

Ottomania part 7; Coming back for seconds.

The Hungarians had all their army destroyed during the last war. Are we as good Muslims to honour our truce? Of course we are, but our truce didn’t mention Venice.

September 1425 – War with Venice, Genoa and Hungary
Traitorous Kazakh dishonours
EU3_71.jpg

Before the peace were signed Ottoman regiments were present in every Hungarian province. Hungary won’t even be able to recruit a new army, and all sieges begin at day 1 of the war.
Jan 1426 – Rebels kill of a lonely regiment wandering around in Trebizon. Really forgot I had sent reinforcements to my eastern rebel army. For the second war in a row rebels seems to be the worst problem for Ze Empire.
The War in January
EU3_74.jpg

Most of the ships at the Ottomans alliance disposal are AI controlled (and all the carracks), but naval action is seen outside Alexandria. Go help them Black Sea Squadron! And look at that army count. Seems as if Venice is in trouble.

May 1426 – France declares war on Burgundy. Time to hand out a can of woopass. The sieges progress undisturbed.
EU3_75.jpg

I forgot to take a screenshot of the peace with Hungary. They have been stripped of all their western lands – Ze Empire is now having an army almost outside Vienna!!!
The battle for naval supremacy of the Mediterranian. The Mamluks really decimated Ze Empires enemys fleet. Meanwhile the Jalayririds is falling apart:
EU3_76.jpg

Poor Uniforms - Sad but easily overcome as no regular battles have taken place.
EU3_77.jpg

Treviso and Kaffa (our mission) is under siege. The main force of Ze Empire is suppressing GH Rebels as they suffers another succession crisis. The army can’t cross to Venice as the Venetian fleets blocks the strait at every attempt. And Burgundy is beaten big time by France.
EU3_78.jpg

What the hell is MOREAN Nationalist doing here in Trebizon! Greek perhaps, but Morean ?! :rofl:
EU3_80.jpg

The peace with Venice – That’s all I can take. As the navy once again was inferior it’s now being expanded as seen in the ledger. Hopefully Venice can’t block the strait next time.
EU3_82.jpg

Kaffa is finally conquered and ceded by now OPM Genoa. Despite the mission OE doesn’t have a core on it  - Cheaters. The new mission is to vassalize Dulkadir. Dulkadir is guaranteed by a whole lot of nations, including long term ally the Mamluks. And the mission isn’t worth either a stab hit of -3 or the effort a diplomatic vassalization would require.
Finally Ze Empire is at peace – Now we can become an Empire :S. I think our current name has just been for intimidation purposes. RR is quite high, as a lot of new missionaries are sent. Also a new 5 star artist is hired as stab falls to zero. And our new mission is to vassalize Candar. 5 years till I can cancel it. After changing governing system our dear king realises he should have waited for another slider move before changing…
EU3_84.jpg

Creates vassal Transylvania, that’s –1 BB (I think) for the cost of a half. The province is useless, but for a maximal peace this was all I could get.

Our friends are brutally assaulted by those evil Russians (We all know they are).
EU3_92.jpg

Money is still a large problem for the economy (used a lot on missionaries). The Horde is in a bad shape and a huge Pskov has just become independent. How can the GH survive, or can the Ottoman Empire survive against the Russian hordes?

Yeah, Venice can be a real pain if one's navy isn't up to scratch.

Why why why do they want to rebel?
Have they not learned that revolting only brings destruction upon them...

Expendable peasants just don't learn.... :rofl: :D

Nice work, Kami! :D

Yeah, Venice can be a real pain if one's navy isn't up to scratch.

But soon there will hopefully be excess cash. I love having naval supremacy!

Why why why do they want to rebel?
Have they not learned that revolting only brings destruction upon them...

It's very difficult to learn anything, while being dead :rofl:

Expendable peasants just don't learn.... :rofl: :D

Nice work, Kami! :D

See above :D

Thanks.

First of all, thanks to everybody who has commented. I would be thrilled if more people would do so.
Secondly i would like to hear if there are things about the AAR, which can be done better.

Ottomania part 8; Russia - The nation we don’t want and the OPM mega stack

The war erupted in Feb. 1430. In the late summer the first Ottoman troops arrives near the battleground and Muscowy goes bankrupt. Guess the Ottomann Bankers didn’t wish to grant anymore loans :p.
EU3_93.jpg

Ottoman troops is directed behind the Muscovian army, and beats 3000 Tverian troops. They flee towards the Muscovian army and is left alone. We don’t want to fight them yet, when we can afford to wait. Instead siege armies is placed in all enemy occupied or owned territory.

Why we do not want to fight:
EU3_97.jpg

That’s one of the largest armies I have seen. And Muscowy is an OPM!!!! The attrition must be horrible :O- Muhahaahahah

Jan 1431 – Durrani goes to war against the Timurids.. They really are going down now .
Feb 1431 – Persia joins in against the Timurids. Sad I really didn’t want to see them grow stronger… The sieges in Russia is completed and the Golden horde peaces out. They have enough problems. We will help them (then there hopefully will be more to inherit ).
EU3_100.jpg

A less willing ally:
EU3_101.jpg

The risk of losing both my large allies, and losing the possibility to inherit the Mamluks convinces me to honour my alliance with the Mamluks.

Maybe the Horde will be more useful now.
EU3_103.jpg

The Muslim world at war:
EU3_104.jpg

From a previous war Oman had 2 regiments standing in Larissa. This little detail I had missed, so eventually they won the siege, *sigh*.

The army of the Horde – But why do you run around with 44 regiments in Russia :S
EU3_105.jpg

The Invasion of Carthage!!! Destroy those elephants!
EU3_106.jpg

March 1432 – Croatia converts. Currently missionaries are active in Ragusa, Dalmatia and Imereti. Our faith is spreading with haste!

The Morrocan counterinvasion –
EU3_108.jpg

The army loses many men in Carthage. But HOW! We even had a 9(+4) against a 7 roll. The army returns to the fleet and The Mamluks is left to fight their own war.
EU3_112.jpg

Peace with Pskov. Our goal of weakening them has succeeded. Sadly Novgorod seems to be reaping the spoils. But we have better things to do.
EU3_111.jpg

Our reputation and best friends.
EU3_113.jpg

Our new not so good friends.
EU3_114.jpg

Advice to improve the AAR?

Mmm, well, this may very well sound trite, but in my experience the best thing you can do to improve an AAR is simply keep on going. Nothing beats experience. And you get experience by posting. So in part, just keep on going.

Onto specifics, your AAR is a fairly common type, gameplay, with screenshots used to illustrate what the text says, and highlight specific moments or particular pieces of information. Currently your screenshots are just the basic screenshot. You may want to consider cropping your screenshots so that they are more focused. You did this for the battle of Tunis. I would consider doing it more often.

Just a thought.

Advice to improve the AAR?

Mmm, well, this may very well sound trite, but in my experience the best thing you can do to improve an AAR is simply keep on going. Nothing beats experience. And you get experience by posting. So in part, just keep on going.

Onto specifics, your AAR is a fairly common type, gameplay, with screenshots used to illustrate what the text says, and highlight specific moments or particular pieces of information. Currently your screenshots are just the basic screenshot. You may want to consider cropping your screenshots so that they are more focused. You did this for the battle of Tunis. I would consider doing it more often.

Just a thought.

I will do it more often from now on. And will try to mark the information of importance when using the full screens.

@ Democratickid
Don't need friends, but i love seeing them die killing my rebels.

The next update will be delayed a bit more, as i got a lot of things over my head these days.

Ottomania part 9; Another day, another jihad.

Even at the beginning of the war it is a highly uphill battle for the Christian infidels. Its hard to be the emperor of the so called Holy Roman Empire. Hardly Holy, Definitely not Roman and it’s hard to call it an Empire. My allies WE are also very high. Useless.
EU3_115.jpg

The Hungarian army is really the only thing to worry about. Initially they defeat the Transylvanians. Later they are lured into a defensive battle of Szolnok. That’s the first beating. Nice casualty rating. Sadly this really doesn’t yield any army tradition.
EU3_117.jpg

October 1433 – Peace with Tunisia, and Burgundy takes their French aggression out on minors. The peace offer from Hungary is politely declined.
EU3_118.jpg

November 1433 - The situation, as the Hungarian army is finally defeated.
EU3_121.jpg

December 1433 – Our scholars have learned something new about the way our army should work… But what? Later the same month we get poor uniforms, decreasing the fighting morale with 0,05. What an invention.
EU3_122.jpg

The BATTLE of Crete and the war against and with Italy! And we become alliance leaders, sweet.
EU3_126.jpg

EU3_127.jpg

MA with both Milan and Bavaria is secured. We can now walk all the way to the Franken and to Ferrara.

March 1434 - The sieges in Aquileia is almost finished. Milan declares war upon the pope. Italy is definitely a place of blood and gold

May 1434 – The Palatinate gets filthy rich! Now there is something to fight for 
EU3_130.jpg

OPM Tuscanys capital, Firenze, is under siege by Ferraran armies. The HRE himself lacks the ability to intervene and the Ottoman Empire lack the will. Naples has a fairly large army and navy. Province value in South Italy is lower than in the north. After an half hearted attempt, the effort of conquering Naples is halted. Things will be easier, when Tuscany is annexed and Ferrara has 3 provinces, where the 2 can be taken in peace.
EU3_131.jpg

BTW in one war the HRE, The Palatinate is my ally and in another it’s my enemy . In June 1434 I lose an ally as Tuscany is annexed…
EU3_133.jpg

Conquest in South Italy may be out of the question at the moment, but Neapolitan Azow is another thing, Yes they stole it from Genoa some time back.
EU3_134.jpg

July 1434 - But we peaces out without any concessions to either side. No real reason, but Azow wasn’t worth the effort right now.
EU3_135.jpg

July 1434 – France continues to be the BBB we all love and fear.
EU3_136.jpg

Later in the same month we concludes our business with Hungary. Their remaining provinces are all low base tax, and I like (large) vassals contribute blood to the war effort:
EU3_137.jpg

As if a large multicultural, multireligious Empire needs any additional revolts… In the end we have enough troops in the region, so the rebels will be destroyed. Our current missionaries is also seen, as well of a temporary abundance of gold, missionaries (meaning there is nothing else to convert), spies (useless against these small fries), Diplomats (no sweet peacedeals yet) and merchants (Useless merchantilism, some BB and the possibility of being embargoed makes them very inefficient). Imereti is still not converted it has taken forever!!!
EU3_138.jpg

September 1434 – Crete becomes our new vassal. I hate sending rebelcontrol armies to islands, unless they are filled with Honning, ladies and gold. Crete may have one or two, but they are definitely not a Kinder Egg.
October same year Aquileia cedes Istria, 25 loads of gold ducats and the core in Görz. Salzburg is also about to fall.

November 1434 – Minus 1 stability… LORT. The Ottoman modifiers really makes stab expensive and temples are not finished all over the Empire yet. Jizya itself is +20%. The additional religious decisions add a lot more.
EU3_141.jpg

Later Crete and Hungary joins my alliance . The Cretans are usually good at naval landings with their 1 regiment, so we got some really helpful guys here

Jan 1435 - Abdulmalik himself becomes impatient and decides to finish off Ferrara – Notice Salzburg has fallen, the naval battle and how The Palatinate is undefended ..
EU3_144.jpg

Peace with Salzburg.
EU3_145.jpg

The naval battle against Ferrara. Huge amounts of WE, prestige and Tradition. I love naval superiority.
EU3_146.jpg

A bit of pingponging between Modena and Ferrara finishes of the enemy army. The armies doing the job is two Ottoman two regiment siege stacks. Few soldiers, but adequate. There should probably have been a larger siege army as WE/RR in those provinces are quite high after the naval victory.

All Turkish provinces gets a shiny new temple (Uhh shiny) . 750 gold diminishes to 115. And in may 1435 a lot of good news comes at once.
EU3_151.jpg

And the following peace – 2 new universities.
EU3_152.jpg

In July 1435 Abdulmalik becomes tired of war and of life.
EU3_153.jpg

EU3_154.jpg

The Mamlukes need dealing with :)