• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HoI3 is getting a real good shape.

P.O.: There was a split in Poland in exile after the year 1939.
First one is Western Supporter which was used to be the original poland before the invasion,
Second Poland is Communist Poland which is supported by SU.

i have a question

What happens in Yugoslavia?

there were 2 liberation movements

one is JVuO of Draza Mihailovic loyal to the royal dynasty Karadjordjevic
other is NOVJ Paritsans of Tito supported by USSR

how will they resolve this ?

and btw there were fights between this 2 sides
simply said there was a civil war,,,

if this had been answered im sorry :)
give me a link to read it :) or if it is not give me an answer
regards
Milan :)

What determines the MP and IC of the government in exile? I would assume Poland and France getting WAY more than, say, Belgium or Norway. Which was what happened historically. Is it a certain percentage of the original situation, like 1/10 of IC and MP in the moment of war breaking up?

I loved the rebels with a cause feature of EU3:IN and I am glad to see it has made its way into HoI3. It was frustrating to watch patriotic Soviet citizens, who are just trying to kill some Nazis, being annihilated by the Red Air Force.

Has this question been answered yet?

A curious question....
If I have units abroad (not in colonies), or ships at the high seas and choose to fight on, will I get to keep those?

This is an interesting question actually. Imagine countries like Denmark and Norway, who most likely will have at least a few ships. Or the Netherlands, who will eventually lose their colonies in Asia to Japan, but who might still have infantry units fighting somewhere in Europe from allied Provinces while Japan conquers the Indonesian islands.

What determines the MP and IC of the government in exile? I would assume Poland and France getting WAY more than, say, Belgium or Norway. Which was what happened historically. Is it a certain percentage of the original situation, like 1/10 of IC and MP in the moment of war breaking up?

I just hope there is some sort of limit on how big an army Governments in Exile can build.

Polish forces in the West numbered around 200.000 at the end of the war, which would be what? 8-10 divisions? This is probably one of the largest forces an occupied nation had, so most nations should have much smaller contributions.

I fear that Governments in Exile, like minors in HOI2, will over the course of the game be able to field 20 divisions or more. 5IC is alot over 5 years.

I just hope there is some sort of limit on how big an army Governments in Exile can build.

Polish forces in the West numbered around 200.000 at the end of the war, which would be what? 8-10 divisions? This is probably one of the largest forces an occupied nation had, so most nations should have much smaller contributions.

I fear that Governments in Exile, like minors in HOI2, will over the course of the game be able to field 20 divisions or more. 5IC is alot over 5 years.

Well, they will probably have a very small MP-growth. With this you can easily achieve a softcap for units they can field, especially as already fieldes divisions use some of the MP-growth for themself.

How do you simulate splits in GiE and Partisant Movement?
1. Poland:
- West (max 250k) with controll over resistance movement in Poland (max 500k)
- East (commies) up to 250k at the of the war
2. Greece
- commies - largest movement - rebels and fights with govern, UK sends troops to fight them.
3. Yugoslavia - everybody knows how it looked

Maybe some of the Rebels will be for different freedom movements, trying to capitalize on the current situation. It seems that if there is a releasable nation, then there could be partisans for that nation. But maybe the GIX only gets controll of those partisans that want it back?

I mean in EU3 paradox introduces rebels with a cause. They might have something simmilar for HOI3. If the soviets invest in unrest in German occupied Yugo, then it seems reasonable the partisans who spring up will be Communist leaning.

Very nice!