• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So much for the Japanese troops in Mongolia. Good riddance and and hope to see you again soon ... not. :D

Regarding the promotion on Duudei: it would not have been necessary for defense, only for offense.

Alright. So much for the theaory. Now go rebuild that navy of yours and crush the Japanese in their homeland. Show them how it feels like to be invaded.

Well, Mongolian defense doctrine is offensive defense. :) So hence Duudei needed to be upgraded to ensure the 4th division did not see a 75% combat penalty. I also like to upgrade Logistic trait Generals so in future they could take >3 divisions with minimal supply cost.

How many japs have you so far encircled? :rofl:

Bwahahahaha :rofl: Countless, absolutely countless...!!! The more soldiers they make, the more I encircles! The biggest bag will be in Siberia which I am working on now. :cool:

chefportnen said:
I wonder how Tokyo is explaining the loss of these dozens of thousands of men...?

I guess the Tokyo high command doesn't care as long they bring glory to the empire... err, wait! They are bringing back bodybags, not glory :rofl:

Baneslave said:
Hmm, you manoeuvred to victory! Congratulations. :D
Thanks, more to come, have not done with updates yet :)

Well, Mongolian defense doctrine is offensive defense. :) So hence Duudei needed to be upgraded to ensure the 4th division did not see a 75% combat penalty. I also like to upgrade Logistic trait Generals so in future they could take >3 divisions with minimal supply cost.

Blame Paradox for not distingushing between defensive offense and offensive offense. I hope they have fixed this bug in HOI3. :D

And how are the japanese doing in the war against USA?

They should be having terrible losses...

Not too bad I think despite me mauling them, they are running amok in SE Asia.
Plan to post update only tomorrow as I wanna play the game :D

Goodbye 1942...

Dec 13th, 1942
An important breakthrough occur. In the zeal to breakout from urban area of the Yangtze delta, Japanese forces left Suzhou city under-defended with the bulk out their army outside the urban buildup area in Nantong. A fatal mistake!

348suzhoubreak.jpg

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): To Suzhou and then Shanghai quickly!! We must secure the urban areas from the Japanese!

Gen Duudei (4th Armija): Cross the Yangtze now to victory!!!

Dec 20th, 1942
After Suzhou, Shanghai fall quickly soon a week later and the Japanese forces in Nanjing is in desperate situation!

349suzhoufell.jpg

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): Someone’s gonna bleed and it ain’t us! Muahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Already down to about ten division from initially 15-division strong, the fate of the Japanese landing forces in Yangtze delta is sealed.

Dec 24th, 1942
It’s Christmas eve in the Manchurian Front with ample snow everywhere for a nice snowball fight but it is no time to play. Eighteen Japanese divisions from the Kwangtung Army assaulted the Mongolia held city of Harbin, an oasis of fertile grounds surrounded by frozen harsh territory.

350harbinlost.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh no, I have no full Generals leading in the north.

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): Gosh, I’m still here in Shanghai with my army and looks like the northern defence has been compromised.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Badrak!! Manchuria defence is all in your hands, hold on and don’t give up too much ground!

Lt Gen Badrak (Genghis Khan Korpus): The Soviet reinforcement are not sufficient and we’re outnumbered 2-to-1. Crap!!

Defence of Harbin fell, all four CAS air-wings rebase further to the rear in northern Korea.

351harbinrebase.jpg

Ulanhu (Chief of Airforce): Save my planes! That are all I got!!

Lt Gen Zhalnin (2nd Air Korps): Time to get out butts out!

Lt Gen Badrak (Genghis Khan Korpus): A temporary set-back. TEMPORARY, I can assure!!

Dec 30th, 1942
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We bargained for our 1st successful mountain division!! A parting gift of the year of 1942!

352mountaineer.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yes, they shall conquer all peaks on all continents!!!
*whisper* but they could get some weapons upgrade, Lhumbe!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Ooooo… yeah! Their weapons firepower looks outdated compared to our land infantry.

Jan 1st, 1943

A new year is here!

Amar (Head of State): Let’s see! Have it been good for the past one year of 1942?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Well, we only manage to add Siam and IndoChina to our empire and we’re still cleaning up Japanese incursion into the mainland from Indochina to China.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): I have to admit it is a bad year. Did not manage to even start clean up Japanese presence from Siberia as planned but got stuck in the jungles of SE Asia and facing the problem of Japanese landings all over our empire.

Lhumbe (Armaments): But we’re still stronger in terms of our industry, army size and capability!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yes, so what didn’t happen last year as planned will certainly happen this year. Our goal for the glory of Khan has not diminish one bit!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Let’s see if we need any re-shuffling…
We have yet another Soviet member of the cabinet ‘gone’! General Chimid is still away on sick leave in Soviet and we recently lost Vice Admiral Pyrselov off coast Indochina. Hey, our war cabinet a truly Mongolian one at the start of the year. :)

3531943cabinet.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Maybe we can perform better this time round. No changes to cabinet. Instead, we shall change to be become more interventionist this year! :p

Good victories! Now crush the Japanese against the sea! Nevermind a temporary setback or two. ;)

It's 43 and you are still fighting against Japs.
When shall this game end? :p

Bah, don't listen to this man. Fighting for the glory of the Empire of Mongolia and the glory of the Khan itself is the single most rewarding thing for any Mongolian. So prolonging the war only means prolonging the glory.

Onwards to glory then!

Good victories! Now crush the Japanese against the sea! Nevermind a temporary setback or two. ;)

It's 43 and you are still fighting against Japs.
When shall this game end? :p

Bah, don't listen to this man. Fighting for the glory of the Empire of Mongolia and the glory of the Khan itself is the single most rewarding thing for any Mongolian. So prolonging the war only means prolonging the glory.

Onwards to glory then!

Oh, the game shall not end till the whole world is Mongol's :cool: The release of Hoi3 shall not stop the current Mongolian campaign of world domination :p
Executing the most decisive move to-date against the Japs currently, you shall see in the next two updates :) But the Japan war will still go on for sometime until their last VP is gone though.

At least your Cavalry Air Strike did survive...

Oh sure, the CAS must survive as they are instrumental in wearing down large hordes of enemy. About 15 or more enemy division kills has been attributed to the elite CAS!!

Mop up!

Jan 6th, 1943
In the war against the Allies, Japanese crush American presence in Philippines.

354filipina.jpg

Amar (Head of State): A demise of a nation! Never good to be a puppet as your master may never always take care of you! It shows America can be beaten by Japs and since we can beat Japs in return most of the time, don’t it shows we’re the greatest force ever on earth! Muahahaha!:rofl:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The Japanese are somewhat still formidable. Choybalsan! What are you doing about this?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Well, it is good! It shows the Japanese are making themselves busy against others!! Brilliant! ;)

Jan 10th, 1943
Choybalsan (Chief of Army): For you, Lt Gen Badrak to defend the Manchuria front more effectively, you’re promoted to the rank of a full General!

355badrak.jpg

Gen Badrak (Genghis Khan Armija): Wow! I am pleased!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Backed by your expertise in Logistics and Winter combat and one of our oldest serving field commander, it is time!

And hence, the 6th Mongolian General is ordained!

Jan 13th-16th, 1943
The last of the Japanese presence in the Yangtze delta is finished in the swamps of Yangzhou.

356yangzhou.jpg

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): All wrapped up here, commander! The only Japanese here are dead Japs! 90,000 of them! The swamp battle-ground, nah…. more like death-ground serves as a perfect burial ground as the corpses just sink to the bog below.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Perfect! Burying the dead take some effort too and we don’t want to waste energy!

With that, the pride of the Imperial Army sinks to the bottom of the forgotten marshes of Yangzhou.

Jan 22nd, 1943
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Another two divisions bartered from Soviets!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That is most helpful!

Nyambuu (Intel): It looks like they don’t mind trading us their troops despite them losing a lot of ground to German! Stalingrad is on the brink of collapse!

357stalingrad.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Doesn’t matter, it is the glory of Khan that matters, not Stalin nor his namesake city, Stalingrad.

Jan 24th, 1943
Lhumbe (Armaments): Land war doctrine Defense in Depth researched! We’re going to look into Decryption technology next as our nemesis is getting too good into this. We can’t even tap into their communication while they can tap into our lines like I am sure they can listen to me call my mistress, eh… I mean my wife.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That is certainly something we have lacked for too long. Bring this up to speed, Lhumbe!

Feb 1st, 1943
Lhumbe (Armaments): Small Arms Assembly Line completed! Cost of re-fitting our newer troops will be reduced!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That is a major leap forward for our army!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Better news to come, we shall researched Advance Infantry Division next. It is so advance that even Uncle Joe didn’t have this technology yet but I believe we can do it ourselves without Soviet help. Can’t be waiting forever for them to research it first to obtain their blue-prints.

Feb 4th, 1943
Lhumbe (Armaments): Our Air Doctrines are not ignored! With Force Substitution Doctrine learnt, Battlefield Destruction Doctrine is next on the list that shall empower your CAS fleet!

358airdoc.jpg

Ulanhu (Chief of Air-force): Yes, we need that! And fast!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have a reasonably decent Siamese military instructor to train us on this!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yep, thanks to my campaign to annex Siam!! Every conquest is rewarding!

Feb 15th, 1943
Stalin send a post Valentine gift of about twenty divisions!

359expe.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Whoah! Freebies!!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): These are Khan-send gifts!!

Nyambuu (Intel): Is Stalin at loss on how to defend their mother land? It looks like he is hoping that we can do miracles for him giving some control of his army?!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yes, I think so. Some of these troops are in Stalingrad or in the western front!! We’re that great!!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Take command where it helps, return them if they cannot help our dream of a Mongol super-state. We do not want to be paying for their supplies!

Feb 22nd, 1943
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Got a report from Soviet command that we have two Mongolian divisions idling in the Western Front. Did you send some secret detachments there without my knowledge?!

360freetwo.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Can’t be as wouldn’t care shit about German-Soviet problem as their battles are raging thousand of miles away!

Nyambuu (Intel): Folks, these are divisions are bearing Mongolian flag!! During last week handover of many Soviet expeditionary forces to us, somehow some got permanently transferred to us! Fully manned with their respective field commander! Yippee!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): What a bonus! Ship them here, right away! That is what happen when you control an army too large beyond your means! Mongol shall gladly take!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Woohoo!! Even Stalin respects our clout! No one can deny it now! We’re the greatest!

In the coming weeks, it was realized there are another two Mongolian divisions ‘idling’ in the Eastern Front this time. Stalin has turnover a total of 4 Soviet divisions to Mongolia permanently in the month of February!

Feb 15th-24th, 1943
As in the Yangtze delta, last of the Japanese incursion into IndoChina is being eliminated in Hanoi. All 70,000 men in the month of February!

361hanoi.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Finally, we could now get out from this wet misty jungle and back to the steppe where our horses can roam wild!!

March 14th, 1943
The Mongol Empire, is now the largest ever since the out-break of war!

362empire.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): I present you, the map of our empire! All Japanese incursion has been eliminated!

Luvsansara (Head of Government): It is so beautiful!! :D

Amar (Head of State): The only not pretty thing is the blob of Japanese territory next to ours in Manchuria. They are actually still occupying part of the Mongolian nation!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): As we speak, we’re amassing more than 300,000 men to the Manchurian Front to deal with them. Despite being outnumbered, I am sure our military genius shall bring the Japs to our knees! You shall see in a few months time!

It looks nice. A bit small but nice for a start. :D

Regarding Bitter Peace: Do you plan to defend BP-critical Victory Locations from Germany to prevent BP or do you actually plan on BP to fire to make the SU easier to beat ... errr ... incorporate into the Mongol Empire?

I don't know the event by heart but aren't there eastern Victory Locations to occupy before the event may fire? If so, Mongolia will have to defend against Germany anyway.

That's a very nice empire you have there. :D

That is one cool empire you've got going there. The Khan would be proud *sniff*:)

Oh yes and the Great Empire of Khan shall continue to grow twice that size in two years if everything goes per plan :)

What about dispatching a force to Tibet or Afghanistan? ;)

Certainly Tibetan shall be under Mongol just like the old days and Afghanistan soon after! Just gotta stabilize the east and eliminate northern Japanese threat before Mongol hit west.

Of course, Genghis would only be truly proud once you do what he was never able to do: Invade the Home Islands ;)

World conquest is never complete if Japan is not annexed!!! Mongol's NEMESIS!! I already have in my mind the poster image when I'll use for the header of the chapter where Mongol finally set out to the sea to defeat Japan once and for all! ;)

Does Bitter Peace give territories to Japan if Germany arrives to Sverdlovsk first?

Because if it is, you'll have a loooong war through siberia.

German will certainly reach Sverdlovsk first, probably 6 months in game time. Certainly not Japan, as the descendants of Khan is tearing up the Japanese army right now! NO CHANCE for Japan!! I'm not so sure of what happen for BP when Japan is ally of German but they suppose to take some share of SU territory. NOt sure if I hold on to Vladivostok will make a difference. I gotta to try triggering the BP event to see happens here.

It looks nice. A bit small but nice for a start. :D

Regarding Bitter Peace: Do you plan to defend BP-critical Victory Locations from Germany to prevent BP or do you actually plan on BP to fire to make the SU easier to beat ... errr ... incorporate into the Mongol Empire?

I don't know the event by heart but aren't there eastern Victory Locations to occupy before the event may fire? If so, Mongolia will have to defend against Germany anyway.

My plans calls for BP to fire so that west SU becomes German's. I need a direct landroute to Europe (i.e. across former SU) but not across Turkey's Istanbul as I will not get foreign manpower when I do that. But the possibility of losing some part of Siberia to Japan bothers me. :mad: Need to check out the BP event to see what will actually happen.