• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(50292)

Lt. General
Nov 8, 2005
Behold!! The conquering hordes are back...!
1wraith.jpg

700 years ago, a legendary conqueror was born. He created an eventual empire that is so huge that totally dwarfed the Romans and that of Alexander the Great. This man united the whole of Eastern sphere and created a safe trade path linking East and West known as the Silk Road. The ancient European powers feared the man giving tribute and ceding land to appease him. Genghis Khan is forever etched in everyone’s memory. The single symbol of might of the Mongolian culture!

2genghis.jpg

One day, sooner or later…someone… somebody will take up the inspiration generated by the great Khan and follow his footstep! And this is the story.

Played on Armageddon version 1.2.

3setting.jpg

Game difficulty is set at normal – Starting IC is already pathetic so let’s not jeopardize Mongol’s dream further.
A.I. Aggressiveness is Aggressive – Rather not face a passive AI. It’s gonna be total war!
Democracy of course cannot start war wantonly, that is not historical!
End game year is 1964, enough time for WC, heheh! :D
Full IC Take Over is OFF – The alternative is regarded as cheating to me and will make a mockery of the great Mongolian campaign.
Tech-Team Take Over is ON – As displayed by Genghis Khan who adopted enemy technology such as siege weaponry, administrators and craftsmen.

CHAPTERS
========
1) INTRODUCTION- The rise of Khan nationalism!

2) The first salvo... to Sinkiang!!! -June 1937

3) To Golmund, Xibei San Ma is ours! -Nov 1937

4) Sichuan Valley... Den of the Dragon! -April 1938

5) Chongqing, capital of China burns!! -July 1938

6) Crossing the Gorge of Death and to Kunming! -Dec 1938

7) The smell and sight of sea! And war with Japan!!! -May 1939

8) Mengkukuo is no more! -Aug 1939

9) Manchuria bite the dust! -Nov 1939

10) A Near DEATH experience, Battle of Yellow River Crossing! -Jun 1940

11) Fall of the Dragon: the Finale! - Oct 1941

12) All your puppet belongs to Mongol... the demise of Siam! - Sep 1942

13) The Siberian War! More than half a million enemies to take on! - Mar 1943

14) The birth of a nation... Malaysia! - Dec 1943

15) War with the imperialist Allies power of the West BEGINS! - March 1944

16) Battle for the Roof of the World! - May 1944

17) Fall of the Soviet bear! BITTER PEACE!! - Aug 1944

18) Khan of Arabia! - Dec 1944

19) Afghanistan war... a short one, unlike some others! - May 1945

20) Return to War with Axis! Japan pays this time!! - June 1946

21) Japan tamed and Caucasian Wars goes full scale! - Sept 1946

22) Fall on Istanbul: Foothold of Europe! - Feb 1947

23) Fall... fall! Romania... Bulgaria and on and on!! - Apr 1947

24) Berlin... here we comes! - June 1947

25) The Road to Rome! - Sept 1947

26) To the Rock of Gibraltar - Feb 1948

27) Operation Rossabarba: Hitler's last stand - Aug 1948

28) The Crumbling Third Reich: 1948 in review - Jan 1949

29) From the Finnish Betrayal to the North and Cape of Good Hope to the South - Mar 1949

30) Scandinavian Wars & the last of French - June 1949

31) There can only be ONE! Mongol Wolf vs Soviet Bear! - Sept 1949

32) Urals Massacre, the turning point! - Feb 1950

33) Operation Sealion... no, Seahorse!!! - July 1950

34) New York City burns! - April 1951

35) Rise of Mongol Naval Power! - Aug 1951

36) Battle of Caribbean Sea begins! Fleet of KHAN is HERE!!! - Jan 1952

37) The EPIC Naval Battle! SAG Fleet of KHAN vs. Halsey CV Taskforce! - Jan 1952

38) America's final stand! All lies with Fleet Admiral Halsey's USS America! - Jun 1952

39) EPILOGUE

Last edited:
Have fun!

PS, cavalry gets useless with time!
PPS, just build a lot of cavalry anyway!

Otherwise the Great Kahn would spit at thee...:D

Have fun!

PS, cavalry gets useless with time!
PPS, just build a lot of cavalry anyway!

Kurt_Steiner said:
Otherwise the Great Kahn would spit at thee...

Somewhat true but gotta maintain some calvary to keep the spirit going! The calvary gonna be the conquering spearhead!
PS, do not plan to build a string of obsolete 1918 calvary though :) The Great Khan adapts to situation. :p

sultan of india said:
are you a puppet of SU or been liberated?
There gonna be an event created for Mongol reawakening. You will see it soon.

To the rest, the Mongols thank thee for your support of their cause! A just cause :D What's wrong taking back what was once yours and taking a little more on the way :rofl:

The Beginning of the Re-Awakening....!

It is coming to an end of the year 1935. Instead of ushering the warm prospect of coming of a new year, an unsanctioned a team or amateur archeologist is hacking the frozen ground in the bitter cold winter winds. Something of great interest is in the grounds in the foothills of Burkhan Khaldun. Tzengel Khan is focused on what seems to be an unnatural mould of earth, a suspect location on his quest to find the tomb of his ancestor, Genghis Khan. He knew his work is illegal, probably punishable by death by the Soviet backed Mongolian government who have to respect the wishes of Moscow. The communists will certainly not tolerate anything than could give Mongolian a strong identity to some feudal lord who has subjugated the world before.
4burkhan.jpg

A dozen men, working laboriously on the banks of the Kherlen stream finally struck something man-made in the ground. Tzengal is elated! The underground tomb complex to the greatest conqueror in the world history is finally revealed. The seven-century long secret of the location of the tomb of Genghis Khan is finally broken!

Such news of the great discovery could not be contained obviously by a team of 50 people many who are mostly just hired labors. Before long, thousands of Mongolians throng their way to the tomb location by foot, hooves and wheels. It is a pilgrimage as thousands paid their respect! The internal security apparatus was swayed by such strong public opinion and they were powerless to stop the euphoria of the discovery. The Mongolians has been reminded of their greatness!!

Back in the capital of Ulan Bator, the cabinet discusses the latest developments…
51936cabinet.jpg

Outside the government building, impromptu gathering of the citizens waving and shouting the greatness of Genghis Khan drowns out the officer in charge of public order call for dispersion. Well, he is doing his job half heartedly anyway. He has just finish downing a free shot of liquor dished out by a nearby pub in celebration of this great event. It is more like street party. Inside the cabinet room, a group of men wonders what to do…

Amar (Head of State): Holy crap! The people are taking to the streets becoming Genghis wannabees! It’s not that I dislike them but gives an impression of utter chaos! Uncle Joe Stalin will soon order us to do a bloody crack down!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): To do that will make us very unpopular. I mean, Mongolia IS Genghis Khan.

Genden (Foreign): Why not we propose to the Soviet for a little more autonomy i.e. a greater say in things such as foreign matters and let us embrace our hero Genghis Khan openly. To remain a puppet state, i mean that is the truth... is untenable. But we can still remains their staunch allies of course as we still need their protection!

Damdinsuren (Security): Great idea. Why not you go over now and speak to your Soviet counterpart and safe me all the trouble of keeping order! If you did not come back in a body bag, it means you’re successful!

Genden : You mean me only..?

Amar and the rest of the Mongolian-race cabinet: YES! Go quickly before the General Chimid (Soviet Chief of Staff) finds out. Not sure if he going to be happy.

A day later…

Genden (Foreign): Hey I’m back with no lead in my head. Cool! Soviet is receptive to our proposal as long as their generals continue to be in our military and they can continue to station troops in our land. A deal is sealed!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Alright, we got a freer hand in whatever we want to do with my beloved country. Oh my, I wanna do a Genghis campaign right away. I’m sure Gen Chimid is bored long enough stationed here and will want some action.

On the 3rd Jan, 1936, by the wills of the Mongolians, the world shall witness again the greatness of Mongol Khans! Army recruits spiked up as young Mongolians seize their dreams of greatness. Private contributions boost cash and supplies stockpiles of the Mongolian government.

6event.jpg

No doubt, a new era has arrived for the Mongols.

Yay, to the arms!
Have you thought of making Kazakshtan, Kirgizia, Turkemenista, Uzbekistan also to revolt and become independent to make it easier for you to conquer them?

Yay, to the arms!
Have you thought of making Kazakshtan, Kirgizia, Turkemenista, Uzbekistan also to revolt and become independent to make it easier for you to conquer them?

Nope, there won't be anymore event mods to assist WC after the initial slider adjustments. No cheats and everything by the game rule. Gonna be challenging but Mongol has been victorous against the odds :cool: It's time to do it again.
There are plenty of former Mongol territory to take, China warlord states, Japanese held territories. Oh yeah, plenty of lands to plunder! Yummy2! :rolleyes:

Mongolia FTW,
break the so-called great wall of china

Mongolia FTW,
break the so-called great wall of china

FTW?
But breaking the great wall and reclaim china is a certain must! :)

A new dawn

7newdawn.jpg

Amar (Head of State): This is certainly a new chapter for Mongolia!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We better straight away work like our great ancestor. Gen. Chimid, we thank you for services of continuing to lead the Mongolian army.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): If Stalin say yes, I’ll also say yes. Our military planners have continued to strengthen the army. They are researching the Mobility Focus Doctrine.

Luvsanshara: That’s great, the Genghis army key trait has always been mobility.

8mobility.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): Just yesterday, our eternal enemy, the Japanese has been consolidating their position in Manchuria. They demanded full control of Xilinhot from Manchukuo! The eastern front has been on alert!

9xilinhot.jpg

Luvsanshara: That’s even more reason to ensure our military is in tiptoe condition, General Chimid.

Chimid: Well, bring ‘em on if they dare! If you want army as great as Genghis Khan’s time, I’m the man who can help you.

Amar: OK, let’s stand back and see where are we today. We need to devise a grand strategy to ensure Mongolia is great again with Soviet backing!

Choybalsan: A little lesson on history. We here today (pointing to the current Mongolia territory) but we were once this big (pointing to the 2nd map)

10historyempire.jpg

Luvsanshara: Oh my, we’re so pathetic today. What have gone soooo wrong. We’re barely 10% of what we were last time!

Amar: Yeah, it’s like 20% of the world land mass belong to the great Khanate last time. All has been lost today! This is so embarrassing. We need immediate action. Man the horses!!! And the guns!

Chimid: But to where? Our military aren't ready yet! But is considered ready if we were to attack Tibet.

Luvsanshara: Tibet then! We shall reclaim Tibet! Yes, the warrior blood in us is flowing freely now!

Amar: War is inevitable! Onwards to battle!

On the 4th Jan, 1936…

11tibet.jpg

Choybalsan: Err, how our troops we gonna reach Tibet? They are beyond our borders.

Chimid: That is why I say we’re only ready to declare hostilities with Tibet! We can’t reach them and they cannot reach us! The current state of the army can certainly handle that situation!

Luvsanshara: What the heck?!

Amar: Then what the hell we do that for?!

Luvsanshara: Don’t do it for god’s sake, General! Call off the war for now!

Chimid: *Chuckle!* Wait till we’re more ready next year and we shall make Genghis proud!

Darn, the requisite 'KHAAAAAAAAAAN!' joke has already been posted! Looks interesting, though, not many Mongolian AARs..

By the way, did you realize that your title says the 'Wraith' of Khan? I assume you meant the Wrath of Khan. Wraith would indicate a ghost of some sort... unless you're planning to have Temujin's ghost appear..

going to see how this AAR goes...

I'm currently about to finish reading the last book in Conn Iggulden's The Conqueror trilogy :p

Better raid and loot the wealthy cities of the Chin first.

may the tumans trample the khan's enemies under their iron hoofs.

By the way, did you realize that your title says the 'Wraith' of Khan? I assume you meant the Wrath of Khan. Wraith would indicate a ghost of some sort... unless you're planning to have Temujin's ghost appear..

Who knows... he has found his tomb... so... :D